Obama in 08'

wkmac

2008' could be one of the most interesting elections for this country in some time. Could even be historic as we could elect the first woman President or the first African American in Sen. Obama from Ill. Sen. Obama has exploded on the scene with lots of appeal. I would consider him a political outsider because of his newness to the national political machine which I consider a good thing but he presents himself very well. Even if you disagree with him, he presents himself in such a way as you respect him and listen attentively to what he has to say.

I just don't see a republican candidate emerging that offers a fresh face but Obama is a fresh face that I think will capture people's attentions. Any thoughts on Obama going into 2008'?

Any thoughts?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't dislike the guy (Obama), but "mania" has a way of tapering off sometimes. Like maybe he exploded on the scene too early....only time will tell.

As a woman, I would like to see a woman president, but would never vote for Billary!

over9five

Staff member
Obama may sound good, saying all the right things, but.....President??? Give me a break! He has zero experience. He's only been in the Senate two years.

As for impeaching President Bush, well, that is laughable. It will never happen.

Slothrop

Obama may sound good, saying all the right things, but.....President??? Give me a break! He has zero experience. He's only been in the Senate two years.

As for impeaching President Bush, well, that is laughable. It will never happen.

How much experience did W have before he stole the Presidency? Of course, look how that's turning out. I would wager that Obama is better qualified than W is, even today. At least he's not batsheet crazy, so he has that going for him.

"He who laughs last, laughs best."

tieguy

Banned
Obama has thus gone out of his way to look good, speak well, dress well and most importantly take no position on any issue. As such he distinguishes himself from all other democratic candidates as someone who may be viable and certainly much less offensive then the band of idiots they have rolled out lately.

In fact he should be able to stand around look pretty and keep his mouth shut and run away with the democratic nomination.

In fact he should be able to stand around look pretty and keep his mouth shut and run away with the democratic nomination.

Actually, in the primaries, Dems have to race each other to the left to get the nomination because the whack jobs in their base have so much influence in the primaries.
Then they have to bold face claim they didn't mean what they said yesterday to try to scramble back to the center, because they are un-electable when they sound like the kooks on the left. Its very entertaining.
"Can I get me a huntin' licence 'round here?" John Kerry 2004

over9five

Staff member
That idiot Kerry is over in Iraq right now trying to backpeddle his way out of that disgraceful and unAmerican remark he made about our fine young people in the military.

Good luck with that, Flip-flop!

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, the best I could do with Barack Obama is:

A boa back ram !

Which when you think about it can also be for a horny jerk. :lol: :lol:

moreluck

golden ticket member
BrownBlackandBlue....I had to look it up. Yes, seen it before, just didn't know it was called Bloom County.

I just like anything to do with words.....anagrams, crosswords, cryptograms, word finds, etc. I just think it keeps your mind perky when you have to recall things.....so I like trivia too.

Always do the crosswords in ink......more dangerous that way!!:wink:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont care if they are black or white, male or female. But I cant see Obama, with no experience, yes he is handsome, speaks well, dresses well and doesnt have a clue.
I cant see Hillary as I dont want her yelling at me with that awful voice.
Actually I havent seen a person I would want to vote for.
Much respect for Mcain who served our country and was a POW, Juliani was a great mayor, did well under stress of 9/11, not presidential material. Dont know enough about Romney.
We got lots of time, but I wont cast a vote to be a first female, black, coz that aint why we are voting. And neither are qualified in my opinion. I will vote, democratic, republican, independent who seems the best qualified. And at present I dont see a one.

Slothrop

toonertoo said:
I dont care if they are black or white, male or female. But I cant see Obama, with no experience, yes he is handsome, speaks well, dresses well and doesnt have a clue.

George W Bush had less experience than Obama when elected, not that this fact qualifies him; but geez, how can he be worse than W?

any122

adirondack man
George W Bush had less experience than Obama when elected, not that this fact qualifies him; but geez, how can he be worse than W?
Slothrop is the biggest liberal on this forum.He needs help so he can understand that LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.As far as Pelosi even if the dems impeach Bush he would be out of office before it was final.As for Hillary Hitler Clinton who would be crazy enough to let the Clintons or the bush family back in the White House?Are we that stupid to let the same two familys control the country for another four or eight years?As for Barack Hussein Obama OK or was it Barack Saddam Hussein Obama or Osama?Never Happen.We can only hope there is a better choice than what we see now or PRAY FOR A ACT OF GOD!Maybe SLOPTHROP will throw his hat in!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Slothrop

Slothrop is the biggest liberal on this forum.He needs help so he can understand that LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.As far as Pelosi even if the dems impeach Bush he would be out of office before it was final.As for Hillary Hitler Clinton who would be crazy enough to let the Clintons or the bush family back in the White House?Are we that stupid to let the same two familys control the country for another four or eight years?As for Barack Hussein Obama OK or was it Barack Saddam Hussein Obama or Osama?Never Happen.We can only hope there is a better choice than what we see now or PRAY FOR A ACT OF GOD!Maybe SLOPTHROP will throw his hat in!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dang, You got me there, I just don't know how to respond to your insightful post.Let's see...Act of God...Now there's what we've all been hoping for. He does move in mysterious ways, so maybe this whole debacle that we've been led into is really just part of God's plan. After all, W said he gets his orders straight from above, so that must be it. Hurry along with the Rapture, and we'll see just who's "gwan up to Hebean".Didn't take long for some cretin to make fun of Obama's name. Very clever, an A+ there. Your parents must be proud.Don't get me started on those damn Liberals, first they started a revolution with England, then they fought against slavery, and after all that, dared to defend us against the loving Axis in 1941. Screw those pinkos, I'd rather be singing "God Bless the Queen" in German.Whew, glad that's off my chest.My choice for 2008? So far I'd have to say Clark/Richardson. There's a ticket that would be hard to beat and fairly representative of the mainstream, of which you are not a part of.Good day, sir!PS---Off early for peak week, aren't you, runner boy?