Obama on Leno

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry D....I just find the sleeveless look to be tackyy and at 5'11'' she qualifies as an Amazon. At 5'10'', I'm not far behind her.

tieguy

Banned
The difference being is once Obama realized what he said he immediatly called the chairman of the S.O. and apologized. Something we should all do when we say something which may be offensive. The guy is human, all presidents are he human. God bless him he has a tough row to hoe

with my mouth I would be on the phone all day....:)

55andout?

The difference being is once Obama realized what he said he immediatly called the chairman of the S.O. and apologized. Something we should all do when we say something which may be offensive. The guy is human, all presidents are he human. God bless him he has a tough row to hoe

He apologized to the wrong people. The chairman of the S.O. is not handycapped in anyway with the exception of being related to the Kennedys. He should have apologized to the people who compete in the S.O.

Also if Obama thinks he is a bad bowler I would like to see him play in a game of wheelchair basketball. The humility will serve him well.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Are you going to tell me that no one here has ever laughed at a non politically correct joke/remark?

I too have kids in my family that have special needs and i was not insulted. A little surprised but not upset.

On election day i laughed at all the texts i got that were racial, does that make me a racist? NO!

This country is so screwed right now, and look at the pressure that we are under, now just imagine the mess he has to clean up after W!

A little more humor would serve us all well, pc or not pc. If its not meant in an ill way its called a joke! bad taste but still a joke!

Sammie

As I mentioned in the Obama - Popularity versus Creditability thread,

Too much too fast.

After two months in office,

A Guest spot on ESPN

The Tonight Show with the other attractive comment that "being in Washington was a little like "American Idol," the only problem being
that "everyone is Simon Cowell." :dissapointed:

As hard as it is to knock down myths about people with disabilities,
coming from the most powerful position in the world, the bowling comment was thoughtless, insensitive and degrading.

I have a niece and a nephew with cerebral palsy. Along with the seizures that accompany this disease, caring for these people is meticulous and exhausting and no laughing matter.

Then 60 Minutes with Steve Kroft, who, due to O.'s incessant giggling
about the current state of affairs, led Kroft to ask the President if he
was punch drunk.

Only forty six months to go!

diesel96

I'm sensing sour grapes from the Kingdom of Rushy's......

How dare he be free to appear on ESPN, The Tonight Show, or 60 minutes.....Why.... why he's the President of the Free World, he should be locked down in the Oval office 24/7.....sniff sniff ......and...and.... he's an idiot...whaaa whaaa.....and he's hates and despices special needs children around the world......sniff sniff...and he didn't apoligize to the right people....whaa whaa.... why won't people turn on him?

....I'm buying stock in Kleenex tissues.....:not_fair:

Sammie

I'm sensing sour grapes from the Kingdom of Rushy's......

How dare he be free to appear on ESPN, The Tonight Show, or 60 minutes.....Why.... why he's the President of the Free World, he should be locked down in the Oval office 24/7.

Plain and simple, he can go where he chooses. It just seems a bit much
so quickly. But he needs to watch what comes leaping out of his mouth. As parents, hopefully we watch what we say and do in front of
our kids. And at work. And with our friends. And while volunteering, etc., etc. In his position, he has little margin for error. He wanted this job and
it requires living up much higher standards than the rest of us. Words hurt and words do matter. There are marginal remarks and then there are unacceptable ones. What if someone were to make an offhanded racial remark about his kids. No big deal, right?

Then there was the rude comment about Nancy Reagan early on, saying
that he hadn't yet consulted her for a seance. WTH? Taking a cheap shot at an elderly woman recuperating from a broken pelvis. He had to call and apologize to her, too. Target the old folks and the handicapped, O. Class act there, buddy.

If you don't have them already, you're gonna get six pack abs and beefed
up biceps by the time you've finished circling the wagons around this guy.
And God save the rest of us for our blind ignorance.

diesel96

Sammie and Co.....look what Obama inherited....wall street crash, housing crisis, credit and banking crisis, 2 Wars, oil/green energy challenges, crumbling infrastructure, 40-50 million w/o healthcare and look what Obama haters are complaining about......ESPN, Talk Shows, teleprompters, liberal media......He ran and won the job, and IMO In 65 days he's accomplished much, but most want him to step down for using a telepromter, or a bad joke...???

Actions speak louder than words....not one Obama-hater acknowledges his Adm will contribute more money to special needs programs for the next 5 yrs than any other past President in history. Demonize his gaff and ignore his actions...

UPSNewbie

Sammie and Co.....look what Obama inherited....wall street crash, housing crisis, credit and banking crisis, 2 Wars, oil/green energy challenges, crumbling infrastructure, 40-50 million w/o healthcare and look what Obama haters are complaining about......ESPN, Talk Shows, teleprompters, liberal media......He ran and won the job, and IMO In 65 days he's accomplished much, but most want him to step down for using a telepromter, or a bad joke...???

Actions speak louder than words....not one Obama-hater acknowledges his Adm will contribute more money to special needs programs for the next 5 yrs than any other past President in history. Demonize his gaff and ignore his actions...

But you're wrong! Fox News says it's "Hussein's" fault.

Lawl. I read all the dribble in here and laugh.

Sammie

It's the nature of the beast, Des. You took your shots at every
given opportunity at G.W., now it's our turn to dissect O. It's what
we do.

If someone isn't on our side, they must be on the other side, which
makes them enemies. We don't separate people from their parties,
we go Pitchforks-R-Us on each other in a love/hate relationship that
Jesus may or may not understand. (Love thy neighbor and all that.)

Four years from now, when we have another Republican president, it'll
be your turn again...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama inherited, but blew it 3 times higher himself. geez, in Obama's last month in office we'll still be hearing about "the inheritance".

Give us a break !!!

55andout?

Are you going to tell me that no one here has ever laughed at a non politically correct joke/remark?

I too have kids in my family that have special needs and i was not insulted. A little surprised but not upset.

On election day i laughed at all the texts i got that were racial, does that make me a racist? NO!

This country is so screwed right now, and look at the pressure that we are under, now just imagine the mess he has to clean up after W!

A little more humor would serve us all well, pc or not pc. If its not meant in an ill way its called a joke! bad taste but still a joke!

My son has special needs but I was'nt upset at all. I felt pitty for the man. This wont stick to him though. People thought Ronald Reagan was made of teflon cause nothing stuck to him. Wait till we get four years of Obama. Nothing will stick to him either.

tieguy

Banned

I don't think anyone is complaining about his using a teleprompter. In fact looking at all his freelance gaffs it appears he needs to use it more.

When you make the excuse "look what Obama inherited" don't forget that Obama was in congress for the two years prior to his election to the presidency and that he helped create a lot of todays problems.

diesel96

I don't think anyone is complaining about his using a teleprompter. In fact looking at all his freelance gaffs it appears he needs to use it more.

Here's complaint number one;

I don't know if the remark was all that big a deal. It does highlight how defenseless Obama can be when he does not have his teleprompter available to tell him exactly what should be said. His staffers should know better then to leave him out there exposed like that. Instead of a live interview on stage they should buzz him in from some room where he can have his trusty telepromter and a staffer holding cue cards to tell him what to say. Everyone knows Obama is totally helpless when left to ad lib.

And complaint number two:

Exactly right! No teleprompter for Obama = his own foot in his mouth.

When you make the excuse "look what Obama inherited" don't forget that Obama was in congress for the two years prior to his election to the presidency and that he helped create a lot of todays problems.

:whiteflag:....We know Tieguy....That's your story and your sticking to it...
At least you toned it down a bit from ALL of today's problems to A LOT...lol
Lord Reagan taught you well, even though he didn't practice what he preached...:hypnosis:....."Gov't Bad"

It's the nature of the beast, Des. You took your shots at every
given opportunity at G.W., now it's our turn to dissect O. It's what
we do.

If someone isn't on our side, they must be on the other side, which
makes them enemies. We don't separate people from their parties,
we go Pitchforks-R-Us on each other in a love/hate relationship that
Jesus may or may not understand. (Love thy neighbor and all that.)

Four years from now, when we have another Republican president, it'll
be your turn again...

Sammie, Hate to go "Debbie Downer" on you, but young people were dying un-neccessarily as a result of GW's foriegn policies, Constitutional amendments were ignored, and the US Dollar became a joke. Those are legitimate reasons to dissect and take shots at GW.....But it's refreshing to hear your not dead serious when dissecting Obama on trivial issues...:peaceful:

Sammie

[/color]

Sammie, Hate to go "Debbie Downer" on you, but young people were dying un-neccessarily as a result of GW's foriegn policies,

For crying in the night Diesel, 77 out of 100 senators and 296 out of 435 House members voted to authorize the President to "use the armed forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq."

Constitutional amendments were ignored,

The current Democrat-run Congress intends to grant the District of Columbia a voting representative in the US Congress even though the
US Constitution does not allow it because D.C. is not a State.

What other “extraordinary powers” might be asserted by the feds if our economy collapses or sinks into a new Great Depression?

and the US Dollar became a joke.

The dollar falls, time to play the blame game. Why did the dollar fall in the first place? It was jacked up too high during the 2nd second Clinton admin which caused short term effects but long term costs. We saw the long term costs when the dollar fell. In the late '90's housing prices, stock and the dollar rose way too high then fell on their faces. Couldn't be supported by supply and demand. If things went
FUBAR, Willie Wonka's to blame, not GW..

Those are legitimate reasons to dissect and take shots at GW.....

:nonono:

But it's refreshing to hear your not dead serious when dissecting Obama on trivial issues...:peaceful:

Give me a minute to figure out what's trivial..

O's birth certificate issue

ACORN breaking laws in supporting Obama and nothing will come of it

A new Civilian National Security Force plan - a mandatory three months draft for everyone 18 - 25

Our new govt has also seen the need for a quick response force in the form of 20,000 combat troops, who would be on standby to control the masses during social unrest, riots, famine or anything chaotic as a result of an economic depression. :anxious: