Obama pic...what do you think it means???

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe I didn't go to college like you privileged people, but instead of asking, "what's the sound of one hand clapping? I'm more interested in "How do you button your shirt with only on hand?

We will never view something the same way!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe I didn't go to college like you privileged people, but instead of asking, "what's the sound of one hand clapping? I'm more interested in "How do you button your shirt with only on hand?

Not everyone who goes to college is "privileged". Some of us who went worked while going. Some of us finished up their degrees while serving their country.

I have found that those who work their way through or pay their own way through college tend to work harder and appreciate it more. My son is a perfect example of this. When he went away to a four year school Mommy and Daddy split the bill and he responded by basically wasting his time and our money. We shut off the spigot and he has flourished, graduating from a 2 year school and currently enrolled in a 4 year school majoring in Supply Chain management. I kid that he may very well be my boss when he graduates.

I find it encouraging, as I am sure bbsam does, that we will never view things the same (closed minded) way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I prefer to call it focused !

And yes, 'privileged' was a poor choice of wording considering all the illegal aliens that get assistance over Amer.'s own kids.

bbsam

Staff member

Perhaps we never will. But both questions are important for moving forward. It is not only "Does the engine run?" but also "What is happening in the combustion chamber and how we make it better?" Buttoning a shirt with one hand is great but then for the builders of artificial limbs the question is of how it works to replicate movements. What I find disgusting in some is the simplistic idea tha the complexities of economies and politics are so easily solved by those of us "Joe Six Packs" and "Mama Grizzlies" with our "common sense". It's a fantasy of self centered grandiosity and nothing else.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I prefer to call it focused !

And yes, 'privileged' was a poor choice of wording considering all the illegal aliens that get assistance over Amer.'s own kids.

Once again you don't really know what you are talking about and you are letting your bias cloud your judgement.

Google "FAFSA".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't just make this crap up !!!!!
Where some tax money goes

As anyone who has looked at the University of California (UC) system of the California State University (CSU) system knows, in-state tuition is granted based on whether or not you attended three years of high school and graduated from high school in California.
There is no requirement to prove that you are a legal resident.
This means that illegal immigrants can obtain in-state tuition for the UC and CSU campuses, provided they meet the high school graduation requirement.
UC and CSU systems are subsidized by the State. Your tax money goes to pay for the subsidies, and some of the money subsidizes tuition for illegal immigrants.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What would happen if say an american born student claimed to be a foreign-born student , just to qualify for an almost free education ?
The possibility can happen .

island1fox

Perhaps we never will. But both questions are important for moving forward. It is not only "Does the engine run?" but also "What is happening in the combustion chamber and how we make it better?" Buttoning a shirt with one hand is great but then for the builders of artificial limbs the question is of how it works to replicate movements. What I find disgusting in some is the simplistic idea tha the complexities of economies and politics are so easily solved by those of us "Joe Six Packs" and "Mama Grizzlies" with our "common sense". It's a fantasy of self centered grandiosity and nothing else.

bbsam,
This is one of the major problems in our country. Do you think the "limosine" liberals or the "ultra rich" conservatives -------the "ELITE" educated Ivy league politicians are so much smarter than me and you --because we are papas and mommas and honestly work for a living -------personally ---I would debate Obama,McCain, Reid, Pelosi ,Graham or whatever pin head politician you choose.
They live in a sheltered unreal world ----It is the momma and papas that make this country run and will always be its strength !!!!
I know how to balance my families budget, I know what I can spend and what I cannot. I know the difference of right and wrong. I easily can look in the mirror each and every morning and truly respect the person looking back---How many of those super educated politicians can say the same ---Maybe turbo tax Tim ??????
For every papa and momma that get up in the morning that are truck drivers, police, teachers, garbage men,costruction etc etc ---I salute you !!

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
This is one of the major problems in our country. Do you think the "limosine" liberals or the "ultra rich" conservatives -------the "ELITE" educated Ivy league politicians are so much smarter than me and you --because we are papas and mommas and honestly work for a living -------personally ---I would debate Obama,McCain, Reid, Pelosi ,Graham or whatever pin head politician you choose.
They live in a sheltered unreal world ----It is the momma and papas that make this country run and will always be its strength !!!!
I know how to balance my families budget, I know what I can spend and what I cannot. I know the difference of right and wrong. I easily can look in the mirror each and every morning and truly respect the person looking back---How many of those super educated politicians can say the same ---Maybe turbo tax Tim ??????
For every papa and momma that get up in the morning that are truck drivers, police, teachers, garbage men,costruction etc etc ---I salute you !!
I do not believe limo's are reserved for liberals. I do not believe "elite" is a bad thing. I do not believe the national budget is even remotely similar to my household budget or even that of Bill Gates. And I do not believe that the likes of Sarah Palin, Mitch McConnell, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Newt Gingrich, Bill Richardson, and Rand Paul can afford to view the world the same way as you and I, no matter what they say in campaign adds and speaches. We are talking complicated calculus not basic math. You want an everyday person making these decisions? You think common sense is what it takes in dealing with Kim Jung Il? What if when the equation works itself out, the common sense thing to do really is what the past 4 administrations have done? What if when all factors are taken into consideration, one can only guess at what a stimulus would or wouldn't do? And then we momma's and poppa's can sit off to the side and criticize or applaud the actions that others in good faith have taken. Condie Rice made that point with John Stewart a couple weeks ago. But to suggest that I or you could do better because we go to work and balance the check book and live a safe and happy life? You gotta admit, that's a stretch.

island1fox

:dissapointed:bbsam,
The term limosine liberal is very "common" --I also mentioned the "ultra rich " conservatives. If you feel that the politicians of the world that are drunk with power and their own riches that are owned by special interests groups and various lobbies are much more capable than an honest momma or papa so be it.
You mentioned the Gates family. Out in Seattle this election season the great Mr. Gates Senior pushed very hard for a state income tax on people making over 200,000 dollars.
The multi , multi, multi, millionaire that received his riches from his son -----forgot to mention that he does not have an "income" and would be exempt from the tax because of all his "tax free havens" --but of course a GATES is so- so -so much smarter than a hard working American.
By the way all of the politicians have armies of educated advisors behind them. Give me an HONEST Momma or PAPA not beholden to many special interest group or lobbys that can listen to absorb the advice and with commom sense make decisions that are truly best for the People and America. Maybe a liitle fantasy there --but the more the People speak out and get involved ---we can vote out every politician ---Left or Right--that does not do what they promised . If the Republicans that just got elected --think that this is business as usual ------I believe they will find out differently. Make fun of it as you will but I firmly believe there are millions and millions of Mommas and Poppas that have had it with the dishonesty from our super educated politicians --like Obama stating that he did "not communicate" well enough and we do not understand his policies. How arrogant -----sure the American people are just idiots !!!!
P.S. The dopey people voted down the state income tax on the "rich" by a very wide margin. Many of the uneducated mommas and poppas suggested cutting of spending as a possible solution.:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our super educated president who can't communicate well is in India telling them about the mid-term adjustments he's going to have to make. Shouldn't he be here telling us of his plans to re-adjust things?? I'm just sayin.

island1fox

Our super educated president who can't communicate well is in India telling them about the mid-term adjustments he's going to have to make. Shouldn't he be here telling us of his plans to re-adjust things?? I'm just sayin.

moreluck,
Instead of a common sense teleconference the big O continues to dance and live the viva loca. There will be people that will tell us that Clinton traveled and spent money the same as Obama as well as all other Presidents.
But it is the highly educated Obama that tells us this is the worst economic problem the country has every faced --yet it is political business as usual --air force one to NYC on a cute Saturday night date --or spending millions per day partying and dancing in India ----but he tell us today that at least 54.000 jobs will be created because of this trip ??????
Sure the money spent compared to the jobs that MAY be created do not add up ---but as bbsam would say ---I am just an average under educated poppa .:happy-very: