satellitedriver

Re: Obama sends American troops to Centeral Africa

We found oil in Africa?
Yep, a 100 billion gallon reserve.
Here's a quote;

Oil Reserves Rival Saudi Arabia's, Says U.S. Expert
Edris Kisambira
2 June 2009

Kampala — Uganda's oil reserves could be as much as that of the Gulf countries, a senior official at the US Department of Energy has said.
Based on the test flow results encountered at the wells so far drilled and other oil numbers, Ms. Sally Kornfeld, a senior analyst in the office of fossil energy went ahead to talk about Uganda's oil reservoirs in the same sentence as Saudi Arabia.

Yes, it is all about saving the oppressed -(cough)-;
Obama sending troops to aid Africa - Washington Times

moreluck

golden ticket member

You are so right.
Am I that transparent and self centered?
My concerns are about myself and my stock portfolio. Why should I bother changing channels?
I now understand my Fox News Habit is detrimental to the greater good and I don't care.
I have a trust fund in my future along with the money I slam into my investments monthly.

I vote. I am a Republican and I voted for Bush. You can blame Bush for me voting for him.

(Could someone explain to that P.O.S. living in the White House - people, even a few American people, the last number I recall - 30,000 humans now DEAD as a result of DRUG CARTEL violence in Mexico in the past year.
No biggie.
It is just our neighbor to the South.
--- never mind.
It is not important.)
Supposedly, Jackson Jr. wants the government to hire every unemployed person in the U.S. Maybe the pres will hire them all and position them along the border...it'll be $40,000 a year according to Jackson. I guess he plans to pull the $$$ out of his ass.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

You are so right.
Am I that transparent and self centered?
My concerns are about myself and my stock portfolio. Why should I bother changing channels?
I now understand my Fox News Habit is detrimental to the greater good and I don't care.
I have a trust fund in my future along with the money I slam into my investments monthly.

I vote. I am a Republican and I voted for Bush. You can blame Bush for me voting for him.

(Could someone explain to that P.O.S. living in the White House - people, even a few American people, the last number I recall - 30,000 humans now DEAD as a result of DRUG CARTEL violence in Mexico in the past year.
No biggie.
It is just our neighbor to the South.
--- never mind.
It is not important.)
You wouldnt mean the one where our ATF was forced to follow orders, let BIG FRICKIN guns go into Mexico, to the drug cartels. And we never had any plan to follow them, and then the same cartels being accused of trying to kill a Saudi ambassador to the US, with the guns we gave the cartel. You wouldnt mean FAST AND FURIOUS would you? All this other stuff is just to take the heat off of this failure, and ineptitude, called the Obama, know nothing, see nothing administration.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Oh, I agree, remember Nicaragua ?
That was a disaster.

But Africa - sure go for it, so they don't keep on starving and the crooks don't steal all the foreign aid.

Once again - allow me to remind you that YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN.
You don't have a pony in the race.

And tell me, oh wise north one, the elite one from the great white north....if this is such a noble act
- why didn't Canada step up to the plate and act?
Of course, this would need to be prior to any action by the jingoistic United States of America!

Yep, a 100 billion gallon reserve.
Here's a quote;

Oil Reserves Rival Saudi Arabia's, Says U.S. Expert

Edris Kisambira
2 June 2009

Kampala — Uganda's oil reserves could be as much as that of the Gulf countries, a senior official at the US Department of Energy has said.
Based on the test flow results encountered at the wells so far drilled and other oil numbers, Ms. Sally Kornfeld, a senior analyst in the office of fossil energy went ahead to talk about Uganda's oil reservoirs in the same sentence as Saudi Arabia.

Yes, it is all about saving the oppressed -(cough)-;
Obama sending troops to aid Africa - Washington Times

Oh, ok, as long as we`re doing the right thing. In the best interests of the Africans of course.

Once again - allow me to remind you that YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN.
You don't have a pony in the race.

And tell me, oh wise north one, the elite one from the great white north....if this is such a noble act
- why didn't Canada step up to the plate and act?
Of course, this would need to be prior to any action by the jingoistic United States of America!

They`re too busy taking care of the Cubans.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

You wouldnt mean the one where our ATF was forced to follow orders, let BIG FRICKIN guns go into Mexico, to the drug cartels. And we never had any plan to follow them, and then the same cartels being accused of trying to kill a Saudi ambassador to the US, with the guns we gave the cartel. You wouldnt mean FAST AND FURIOUS would you? All this other stuff is just to take the heat off of this failure, and ineptitude, called the Obama, know nothing, see nothing administration.

oh yeah, that is what I speak of...

of course, allow me to disclaim and blame my views on Fox News - before the other one steps up and insults us as a collective. (What an annoying monkey. Someone should give it some manners....)

oh yeah, that is what I speak of...

of course, allow me to disclaim and blame my views on Fox News - before the other one steps up and insults us as a collective. (What an annoying monkey. Someone should give it some manners....)

Spank the monkey?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Are these troops going to Africa going to blend in easily or will they be exposing themselves openly that enemy fire will be the norm ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Are you referring to the monkey that Iran tried to send into space recently ?
R.I.P.

island1fox

Obama places American boots on the ground in Africa.

:dissapointed:Wow, just what we needed to get involved in another war. Some say only 100 troops ---I say another 100 reasons to vote President Obama out of office !!!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Re: Obama places American boots on the ground in Africa.

You know, I didn't even know Canada had troops or military personal in Africa, until AJ wrote something on this thread.
We have personal in 5 or 6 african nations.
Doesn't make headlines here, probably wouldn't in the US either - but people are digging for every bit of dirt, even if it's meaningless and actions like this one, have always taken place.

island1fox

You know, I didn't even know Canada had troops or military personal in Africa, until AJ wrote something on this thread.
We have personal in 5 or 6 african nations.
Doesn't make headlines here, probably wouldn't in the US either - but people are digging for every bit of dirt, even if it's meaningless and actions like this one, have always taken place.

Klein,

I do not know why I am wasting my time with a response to you. If you are alluding that I am digging for dirt let me assure you that President Obama has already told us there are "NO SHOVEL READY JOBS" This statement was made only months before his new spending plan for shovel ready jobs ?? Sounds confusing ??
But to get away from your digging for dirt comment--President Obama announced he was sending troops to Africa --In your world does that mean he is digging dirt up on himself ???

Almost as confusing as Senator Obama promising us to bring our troops home and also telling us as a candidate that the U.S. cannot afford to be the policemen of the world.But now instead of two --we are involved in multiple choice wars. Maybe he will get another Nobel Peace prize !!!!

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Klein,

I do not know why I am wasting my time with a response to you. If you are alluding that I am digging for dirt let me assure you that President Obama has already told us there are "NO SHOVEL READY JOBS" This statement was made only months before his new spending plan for shovel ready jobs ?? Sounds confusing ??
But to get away from your digging for dirt comment--President Obama announced he was sending troops to Africa --In your world does that mean he is digging dirt up on himself ???

Almost as confusing as Senator Obama promising us to bring our troops home and also telling us as a candidate that the U.S. cannot afford to be the policemen of the world.But now instead of two --we are involved in multiple choice wars. Maybe he will get another Nobel Peace prize !!!!

ISLAND,

you are looking for dirt. You hear something that is presented to you in a narrative that you "want to hear" so you can trash Obama. But what you present is only the bone and you leave off the meat.

Why dont you present all the facts of the deployment, or does that prevent your being able to use this issue politically to suit your need to trash Obama? Why is he sending troops there, and by troops, do YOU think those are boots for fighting or soldiers for advising? DO you even know?

What country are you talking about? Or do YOU even know? What is the mission? Or do you even know? Hopefully, you dont share a belief with Sarah Palin and believe Africa is a country, or do you?

What about africa? Is that a safe place for human beings to live? Hundreds of thousands of human beings are being slaughtered there every year and nobody gives a dam, but all YOU can say is Obama is a jerk for trying to send 100 troops to the region?

Maybe its Ig-nance on your part, or maybe you dont have the time to do proper research? Maybe if you were paying attention to detail you would know those troops are ADVISORS and NOT warriors to fight.

Maybe if you paid attention to detail, you would know we already maintain a base in the tiny East African nation of Djibouti, but most troops there are not on combat missions. Maybe if you paid attention to detail you might recognize that genocide and other attrocities are being committed and its finally time for the USA to help african nations fend off these killers?

But for you, all you can do is try to trash OBAMA?

Cmon man, dont be like the others. Your smarter than that.
Analysis: Why Set US Troops on Africa Militants? - ABC News

This is the kinda stuff Id expect from the C8, but not you.

There are horrible things going on in Uganda and surrounding countries. Rapes, murders, child abductions for slavery and sex trading, women massacred, men beheaded and our country has looked the other way for decades, except in one fashion. Our arms dealers sell the militias committing these crimes weapons.

Why dont you address the real problems in africa, instead of trying to increase the C8's to the C9's?

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

It has been estimated that over a million per year die in Africa due to wars, tribal conflicts, and related actions.
Also this has been going on few centuries.
This recent Arab Spring thing only increased the number of deaths to new levels.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It has been estimated that over a million per year die in Africa due to wars, tribal conflicts, and related actions.
Also this has been going on few centuries.
This recent Arab Spring thing only increased the number of deaths to new levels.

BUT WHY BABA? Why has this been allowed to continue, but we invaded IRAQ because BUSH said he was protecting its citizens from Sadaam from crimes committed during the Reagan administration.

Pick an excuse.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member

:dissapointed:Wow, just what we needed to get involved in another war. Some say only 100 troops ---I say another 100 reasons to vote President Obama out of office !!!!!
Millions die there and we send 100 with orders not to fire unless fired upon.......sounds like a suicide mission to me JMO.