Obama telling lies in the state of the union speech

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
your laughable. He even stated last night that he wanted lobbiest stay out of government and proposed that laws be created to do just that. What the hell do you want?
Did he not state before, that no lobbyist would be in his administration? And how many are there?
Did he not say he would put hearings on bills on Cspan
Did he not say he would veto all earmarks?
14500 earmarks, and 1 yr later, NOW he will put the earmarks on line, Instead of having the balls to veto them like he said. he is such a jokester. I think Obama is nothing more than God way of testing us.
God, it is not funny.
One Big Ass Mistake America

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I enjoyed watching Pelosi jump up like she was wired to a cattle prod.
I've seen too many politicians lie to the public to "enjoy" this speech.
I think Obama comes across as arrogant. He honestly acts like he thinks the public is stupid.
My biggest question in my mind is where was he the last year if he has now discovered that there is a job problem.
my second biggest question listening to constant references about "being rescued from the brink of disaster" was does the group in that capital last night realize they were the ones that destroyed this economy minus GW and ted kennedy?

Pelosi and Obiden were blinking so much it annoyed me, I had to shut it off.

unionman

Did he not state before, that no lobbyist would be in his administration? And how many are there?
Did he not say he would put hearings on bills on Cspan
Did he not say he would veto all earmarks?
14500 earmarks, and 1 yr later, NOW he will put the earmarks on line, Instead of having the balls to veto them like he said. he is such a jokester. I think Obama is nothing more than God way of testing us.
God, it is not funny.
One Big Ass Mistake America

Its not that easy to get it done in Washington. Washington is pretty ^%%$# up and it aint gonna change in one year.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its not that easy to get it done in Washington. Washington is pretty ^%%$# up and it aint gonna change in one year.
And I hope that it doesnt get changed in the next three. Not in his image. The plan is he will still be campaigning and will have gotten nothing done by the time he gets booted out. And I dont care if it is a democrat or republican that beats him. Just so its someone who has some common sense. The only person he has more experience than is the 6th graders he goes and reads to.

unionman

And I hope that it doesnt get changed in the next three. Not in his image. The plan is he will still be campaigning and will have gotten nothing done by the time he gets booted out. And I dont care if it is a democrat or republican that beats him. Just so its someone who has some common sense. The only person he has more experience than is the 6th graders he goes and reads to.

I don't get people. I mean, you say one thing and mean another. How can you not want change in Washington. It has gotten so messed up that Republicans are spending like liberals and just about everybody only cares about there careers and not about the people of this country. I did not agree with the way Democrats tried to shove that health care down the republicans throats but the Republicans are just as bad for acting like kids and just crossing there arms and saying No. Health care is broke we all agree, I did not think it was the right time to tackle it but its costing this country more to do nothing than to find an answer to it. Where does the country go from here? Most likely the same old crap that has been going on for a hundred years, politics and not doing what's best for this country. I don't care if your a Republican, Democrat or an Independent some of the proposals that Obama is putting out there should appeal to any citizen. 1) get rid of lobbyists 2)put all pork on the Internet before it is voted on 3) pay as you go 4) invest in our own country instead of others.

I don't get people. I mean, you say one thing and mean another. How can you not want change in Washington. It has gotten so messed up that Republicans are spending like liberals and just about everybody only cares about there careers and not about the people of this country. I did not agree with the way Democrats tried to shove that health care down the republicans throats but the Republicans are just as bad for acting like kids and just crossing there arms and saying No. Health care is broke we all agree, I did not think it was the right time to tackle it but its costing this country more to do nothing than to find an answer to it. Where does the country go from here? Most likely the same old crap that has been going on for a hundred years, politics and not doing what's best for this country. I don't care if your a Republican, Democrat or an Independent some of the proposals that Obama is putting out there should appeal to any citizen. 1) get rid of lobbyists 2)put all pork on the Internet before it is voted on 3) pay as you go 4) invest in our own country instead of others.

How do you impose cap and trade and expect to bring manufacturing back? With cap and trade plus increased taxes how can we double our exports?

unionman

How do you impose cap and trade and expect to bring manufacturing back? With cap and trade plus increased taxes how can we double our exports?
Manufacturing will never come back. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday who is a machinist and he depends on work coming from the auto makers. He basically said that his job and any like it are gone for good because you can't compete with some ten year old kid working for a dollar a day in China. What is the answer? We don't want to just start a trade war with countries like China but they don't play by the rules.

Manufacturing will never come back. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday who is a machinist and he depends on work coming from the auto makers. He basically said that his job and any like it are gone for good because you can't compete with some ten year old kid working for a dollar a day in China. What is the answer? We don't want to just start a trade war with countries like China but they don't play by the rules.

So obama's economic recovery plan is fundamentally flawed.

unionman

So obama's economic recovery plan is fundamentally flawed.
In some ways yes I believe that it has holes but for the most part you stimulate your way out of recessions. its a proven fact and I don't know how you or any one can say that is not true. Just look at countries that are ahead of us in there recovery, every one of them has put put money into there economies and it gets payed back by having people working and businesses hiring which means more taxes are coming in. This country lost about 3 trillion dollars from the recession because of lost taxes and money goin g out instead of in.

In some ways yes I believe that it has holes but for the most part you stimulate your way out of recessions. its a proven fact and I don't know how you or any one can say that is not true. Just look at countries that are ahead of us in there recovery, every one of them has put put money into there economies and it gets payed back by having people working and businesses hiring which means more taxes are coming in. This country lost about 3 trillion dollars from the recession because of lost taxes and money goin g out instead of in.

The problem is with our government has to pull the stimulus and it needs to be supported by the private sector. That is why tax cuts worked in the 80's. Incentives to hire people.

unionman

The problem is with our government has to pull the stimulus and it needs to be supported by the private sector. That is why tax cuts worked in the 80's. Incentives to hire people.
I agree, Obama is suppose to announce ,hopefully, just that kind of tax incentive for businesses at 11:30.

island1fox

I agree, he should have been more involved with this recovery than with healthcare reform.

Unionman,
Please a little reality . Obama gave full control to Pelosi and Harry on Healthcare !!! Obama invovlement ---you must mean the dirty behind doors secret meeting with the "special interests" groups --yes --that he was very involved in.

Also the most educated man in the worlds seems to have a hearing problem. Obama "I will listen to any Republican ideas on health care reform" They have given me none !!!
Mr, President --please get a hearing aid or stop lying to us.
Have you ever heard "Tort Reform " or opening up competition for the 1300 + health insurance companies across state lines --similiar to how fed x and ups compete and are forced to offer the lowest rates to customer's --its called the "free market"

Stop the telepromter talking points --no one believes them --look at the polls ---COMPROMISE --and health care reform will be a REALITY !!!!
Do what you promised --bi-partisan reform --it is you that does not hear !!!

Republican"s have already compromised and have agreed to rein in Insuranc companies -regarding pre-exixting conditions,not raising premiums or dropping people because of serious illness and no caps on total coverage.

When do you finally listen ? it is obvious the time to do so !!!:anxious:

unionman

Unionman,
Please a little reality . Obama gave full control to Pelosi and Harry on Healthcare !!! Obama invovlement ---you must mean the dirty behind doors secret meeting with the "special interests" groups --yes --that he was very involved in.

Also the most educated man in the worlds seems to have a hearing problem. Obama "I will listen to any Republican ideas on health care reform" They have given me none !!!
Mr, President --please get a hearing aid or stop lying to us.
Have you ever heard "Tort Reform " or opening up competition for the 1300 + health insurance companies across state lines --similiar to how fed x and ups compete and are forced to offer the lowest rates to customer's --its called the "free market"

Stop the telepromter talking points --no one believes them --look at the polls ---COMPROMISE --and health care reform will be a REALITY !!!!
Do what you promised --bi-partisan reform --it is you that does not hear !!!

Republican"s have already compromised and have agreed to rein in Insuranc companies -regarding pre-exixting conditions,not raising premiums or dropping people because of serious illness and no caps on total coverage.

When do you finally listen ? it is obvious the time to do so !!!:anxious:
Did you listen to the debate today? Obama went into a Republican retreat (lions den) and took questions from Republicans on just about everything he has and will be trying to do. He did take a lot of the ideas the republicans had for healthcare reform. Somebody said that it was Pelosi that was to blame for shutting the Republicans out, but I doubt if it is that straight forward.

Anyways, He sounded very good with the things he is trying to accomplish and I hope to see more of these kinds of debates. He also defended a lot of things that Republicans have been saying very well and he just wants to put politics a side and help the American people with this economy first.

av8torntn

If your neighbor cannot compete in the labor market with a ten year old child then he is the problem not the child. I would suggest to him to become more productive, increase the quality of his work, and his skill level. Let's be honest competing with a ten year old child is not that difficult.

unionman

If your neighbor cannot compete in the labor market with a ten year old child then he is the problem not the child. I would suggest to him to become more productive, increase the quality of his work, and his skill level. Let's be honest competing with a ten year old child is not that difficult.
Are you really that moronic to think A ten year old is doing Machine work? Typical Republican, just bash anything that doesn't sound like a tax cut for you.

over9five

Staff member
He also defended a lot of things that Republicans have been saying very well and he just wants to put politics a side and help the American people with this economy first.

He doesn't want to put politics a side (sic). He HAS to now that Scott Brown's been elected. Up until that day, he was quite happy shutting the Republicans out. Now that the Massachusetts Independents have spoken, that will come to a screeching halt.

tieguy

Banned
I don't get people. I mean, you say one thing and mean another. How can you not want change in Washington. .

no ones arguing against change in washington. the problem is there is no change. Demcorats had firm total control of all processes and still did not make the promised changes.