Obama telling lies in the state of the union speech

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Sounds like Obama is thinking about 2012 and got scared with the poll numbers and backlash from the American people. So using his great BSing talent he will make it look like he is changing and will listen to republicans and play nice to help try and turn the ship around. I will have to see results before i beleive he truely gives a crap. I really want to see him push for more offshore drilling and nuclear power., listen to the GOPs ideas., cut the pork out of bills., and all the other things he was against or did not do his first year that NOW he says he will do. Maybe if he would stop whining about how he inherited a mess and start taking responsibilty i would have some repspect for him. He needs to "Man up" and stop being a whiny little :censored2:. Remember...action not words.

unionman

Sounds like Obama is thinking about 2012 and got scared with the poll numbers and backlash from the American people. So using his great BSing talent he will make it look like he is changing and will listen to republicans and play nice to help try and turn the ship around. I will have to see results before i beleive he truely gives a crap. I really want to see him push for more offshore drilling and nuclear power., listen to the GOPs ideas., cut the pork out of bills., and all the other things he was against or did not do his first year that NOW he says he will do. Maybe if he would stop whining about how he inherited a mess and start taking responsibilty i would have some repspect for him. He needs to "Man up" and stop being a whiny little :censored2:. Remember...action not words.

I know the Brown election had to have something to do with it. I'm glad, I have been disappointed with his lack of attention to the economy. He is a very good communicator, that is for sure, and he had some very good exchanges with Republicans at the debate. I just hope they can put politics aside and do what's best for the country and not there careers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He's not a good communicator, he's a good reader of the teleprompter. Have you heard him talk without it?? Er ah um er ah um uh .

unionman

He's not a good communicator, he's a good reader of the teleprompter. Have you heard him talk without it?? Er ah um er ah um uh .
He had the balls to go into that meeting today, where everybody in there wanted a piece of him and he had some very good points with no teleprompter. A recent poll showed people think he is a better communicator than Reagan..

unionman

BALTIMORE (Jan. 29) - In a remarkably frank encounter, President Barack Obama chastised Republican lawmakers on Friday for opposing him on taxes, health care and economic stimulus, while they accused him of ignoring their ideas and driving up the national debt.

The president and GOP House members took turns questioning and sometimes lecturing each other face to face for more than hour at the Republican gathering.

Obama warned that their sharp criticisms of him over the past year make it almost politically impossible for them to agree with him even if an accord would help the American people. They said he was misleading the American people in saying they had offered no serious alternatives to his proposals.

While both parties were conciliatory at times, the televised exchange featured pointed complaints and accusations that went well beyond the terse sound bites that dominate much of the nation's political debate.

Obama said Republican lawmakers have attacked his health care overhaul so fiercely, "you'd think that this thing was some Bolshevik plot." The plan's components are mainstream, common-sense items, he said, and deserving of some bipartisan support.

"I am not an ideologue," the president said.

The Republicans sat attentively throughout Obama's speech and the discussion. There was some grumbling when he remarked - after being pressed about closed-door health care negotiations - that most of the legislation was developed in congressional committees in front of television cameras.

"That was a messy process," he acknowledged.

Several Republicans challenged Obama with lengthy complaints and sharp questions.

"What should we tell our constituents who know that Republicans have offered positive solutions" for health care, "and yet continue to hear out of the administration that we've offered nothing?" asked Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga.

Obama showed little sympathy, disputing Price's claim that a Republican plan would cover nearly all Americans without raising taxes.

"That's just not true," said Obama. He called such claims "boilerplate" meant to score political points.

Obama said a GOP-driven "politics of no" was blocking action on bills that could help Americans obtain jobs and health care.

In another barbed exchange, he said some in the audience have attended ribbon-cutting ceremonies for projects in their districts funded by the 2009 stimulus package they voted against. Obama also questioned why Republicans have overwhelmingly opposed his tax-cut policies, which he said have benefited 95 percent of American families.

"This notion that this was a radical package is just not true," Obama said.

GOP lawmakers pressed him to pledge to support a presidential line-item veto for spending bills and to endorse across-the-board tax cuts. Obama said he was ready to talk about the budget proposal but demurred on the idea of cutting everyone's taxes. Billionaires don't need tax cuts, he said.

In his opening remarks, Obama criticized a Washington culture driven by opinion polls and nonstop political campaigns.

"But I don't believe that the American people want us to focus on our job security, they want us to focus on their job security," he said.

The president acknowledged that Republicans have joined Democrats in some efforts, such as sending more U.S. troops to Afghanistan. But he said he was disappointed and perplexed by virtually unanimous GOP opposition to other programs, such as the $787 billion economic stimulus bill enacted a year ago.

He also noted overwhelming Republican opposition to his proposed overhaul of the nation's health care, which now is in legislative peril. Obama said he would gladly look at better ideas, but he urged Republicans to acknowledge the difficulties that many Americans face in obtaining good health care.

Obama said it makes ideological sense for Democrats and Republicans to work together on some issues such as charging fees to banks that benefited from a federal bailout, temporarily freezing some government spending, keeping jobs from being exported and paying for new government programs when they are created.

Republicans have sharply criticized Obama's approach to most of these issues.

island1fox

Did you listen to the debate today? Obama went into a Republican retreat (lions den) and took questions from Republicans on just about everything he has and will be trying to do. He did take a lot of the ideas the republicans had for healthcare reform. Somebody said that it was Pelosi that was to blame for shutting the Republicans out, but I doubt if it is that straight forward.

Anyways, He sounded very good with the things he is trying to accomplish and I hope to see more of these kinds of debates. He also defended a lot of things that Republicans have been saying very well and he just wants to put politics a side and help the American people with this economy first.

Unionman,
I hope this is not too much of a surprise. I heard what he said this morning --and I will patiently wait and watch to see if Republicans are included in the debate. He also said that it was a mistake for not having all the discussions on c-span.
I will wait and see--the Republicans are asking for c-span --let the American people see who exactly is trying to make dirty deals --repubs or Dems ---Lets see what happens !!!!

No special deals for Senators,individual states,corporations, unions, special interest groups etc ----lets see if they can come up with a plan is good for all of us --If President Obama follows through on this --I will support him and give him the credit due --fair enough ??:peaceful:

av8torntn

[QUOTEunionboy]Manufacturing will never come back. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday who is a machinist and he depends on work coming from the auto makers. He basically said that his job and any like it are gone for good because you can't compete with some ten year old kid working for a dollar a day in China. What is the answer? We don't want to just start a trade war with countries like China but they don't play by the rules.[/QUOTE]

=unionboy;679773

Are you really that moronic to think A ten year old is doing Machine work?

After you got called out on a lie why do you call me a maroon? Do you think you are psychic? Just to recap. You claim your neighbor does "machine work". You claim "he" cannot compete with a ten year old foreign child in the labor market. I offered friendly advice. You then call me a maroon because I "think" an American "adult" can compete with a child in the labor market. I am thinking there is a maroon here but it's not me.

diesel96

The problem is with our government has to pull the stimulus and it needs to be supported by the private sector. That is why tax cuts worked in the 80's. Incentives to hire people.

Historically, tax cuts have deseasterous economic hiccups every 10-15 years since the Reagan days. Take away the Bush tax cuts, even the pre-Reagan tax cuts, and their was uninterupted economic bliss from the 40's to the 70's....even thru 2 wars.

Unionman,
Please a little reality . Obama gave full control to Pelosi and Harry on Healthcare !!! Obama invovlement ---you must mean the dirty behind doors secret meeting with the "special interests" groups --yes --that he was very involved in.

Also the most educated man in the worlds seems to have a hearing problem. Obama "I will listen to any Republican ideas on health care reform" They have given me none !!!
Mr, President --please get a hearing aid or stop lying to us.
Have you ever heard "Tort Reform " or opening up competition for the 1300 + health insurance companies across state lines --similiar to how fed x and ups compete and are forced to offer the lowest rates to customer's --its called the "free market"

Stop the telepromter talking points --no one believes them --look at the polls ---COMPROMISE --and health care reform will be a REALITY !!!!
Do what you promised --bi-partisan reform --it is you that does not hear !!!

Republican"s have already compromised and have agreed to rein in Insuranc companies -regarding pre-exixting conditions,not raising premiums or dropping people because of serious illness and no caps on total coverage.

When do you finally listen ? it is obvious the time to do so !!!:anxious:

Here's the reality....healthcare was televised on C-Span, at least most of the commitee meetings....there were some dirty closed door meetings at the finish line, but the majority was available to the public. Tort reform is not as big a dealmaker as your making it. Studies show malpractice awards are not a big driver of skyrocketing cost.
The whole argument against out of state plans is flawed. Here's why: Given a tiny amount of time, large insurance companies can easily begin to set up network providers in other states.
By definition an out-of-state health plan--one that does not operate in a given state--does not have a local network. If it did, it would already be doing business there.
As far as listening to Republicans healthcare ideas.....all of a sudden you want the world to believe Rep's are champions for healthcare reform. After years of Rep control with Rep dominated House and Congress of doing absolutely nothing interms of healthCare, except killing the Clinton healthcare Bill, your party is now crying wolf of nobody is listening to your good ideas. When were any of your ideas introduced in the last 30 years. Damm hyprocrites......

He doesn't want to put politics a side (sic). He HAS to now that Scott Brown's been elected. Up until that day, he was quite happy shutting the Republicans out. Now that the Massachusetts Independents have spoken, that will come to a screeching halt.

Put things in perspective over9five, your massiah rock star is merely the 41st Rep Senator....that's all....

That whiny little Presidential :censored2: stood in front of 140 Republican idiots today, in their house, in front of their families, and answered and rebuttled every and all questions and false statements thrown at him. No other US President has put himself up front and center on live TV and defended his policies on such a stage. The president "man upped" today enough to have Fox news break away from the event knowing the Republicans were looking like the whiny little biatches. BTW No teleprompter needed.....

tieguy

Banned
He hadt the balls to go into that meeting today, where everybody in there wanted a piece of him and he had some very good points with no teleprompter. A recent poll showed people think he is a better communicator than Reagan..

my polls say people think he is a complete idiot. I'll show you my polls if you show me yours.

tieguy

Banned
BALTIMORE (Jan. 29) - In a remarkably frank encounter, President Barack Obama chastised Republican lawmakers on Friday for opposing him on taxes, health care and economic stimulus, while they accused him of ignoring their ideas and driving up the national debt.

The baltimore sun headline reads "Obama delivers jobs and political jabs"

Unionman why is he doing this? The guy had 60 votes in congress. that means he could have done anything he wants to fix the world. Why is he continuing to create all this devisiveness with big business and the republicans?

why waste all that energy when he does not need the republicans? Why the fighting when according to his state of the union speech he was going to reach out to the republicans.

this guy is all over the board with this stuff.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When Odrama mentioned atomic power and drilling offshore, someone should've had a bill ready and stuck it under his nose and said "SIGN" !!

"In a remarkably frank encounter"

1989 (Jan. 30) - Remarkable...This is the best president ever.
Wow, another example of a remarkable accomplishment? Please, lets wake up people. Lets start having some substance.
It is also time to grow up mr. president, I don't care what you inherited, you wanted the job so lets move on.
You are given a job that you wanted then complain about it. Stop distracting everyone from the issues.

I see a failed stimulus that didn't:

A) Add any productive jobs and,
B) Curb the loss of jobs.

Since you told us these would be the results of the stimulus, I would call that an friend. So now we are behind the 8 ball. Starting again from scratch. With a larger debt with no results.

All I ask, mr. president is to think before you act. Kind of like those commercials that said "think before you drink"
Get us the biggest bang for our buck. Look at any unintended consequences before taking actions. Give us value, not an agenda. And please don't tell us you are going to take some kind of action without a clear and adequate plan to do so. Because that is leadership.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Sorry, but I have to inform you that your post was racist.

8-ball is black and "bang for our buck" implies a pimp.

Could you be more careful in the future!! :wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Waaah !! Its all Bush's fault!!
attachment.php

Babagounj

Strength through joy
With more than 15 million Americans unemployed, barry discussed his plan to put them back to work during his first State of the Union Address. But failed to mention any type of Immigration Suspension, insisting on the continued importation of 125,000 foreign workers per month. http://www.numbersusa.com

diesel96

I see a failed stimulus that didn't:

A) Add any productive jobs and,
B) Curb the loss of jobs.

Since you told us these would be the results of the stimulus, I would call that an friend. So now we are behind the 8 ball. Starting again from scratch. With a larger debt with no results.

All I ask, mr. president is to think before you act. Kind of like those commercials that said "think before you drink"
Get us the biggest bang for our buck. Look at any unintended consequences before taking actions. Give us value, not an agenda. And please don't tell us you are going to take some kind of action without a clear and adequate plan to do so. Because that is leadership.

Dec 08, 650,000 jobs lost, Jan 09 700,000 jobs lost, Feb 09 650,000 jobs lost before Obama was sworn in and before his Recovery Act was signed. Every month since then, Job loss has subsided gradually each month to hardly any jobs lost recently and studies show 2 million jobs saved as well. Your sharing nothing but typical Republican misinformation to the public, and your constituents are gullible enough to believe it. It's disgraceful what obsrtuctionist your party has become. Your party is about to be exposed in 2010 for doing absolutely nothing to contribute to the well being of our country's recovery. The only thought on your minds is to harp on and mfg negative talking points for the 2010 and the 2012 elections to reclaim the country's power structure and keep from taxing the rich and outlawing abortion and gay rights. It's shameful...

wkmac

Bureau of Labor Statistics December 2009' Report

released Friday Jan. 8th 2010, time 8:30 am USDL-09-1583

And when it comes to job growth, here's the dirty little secret so many on all sides want to hide. And it seems the nation's largest employer is set to add even more jobs as we speak. If anyone is looking for a career change, even Monster.com is getting ahead of the curve and can help you now to a wonderful and fulfillling future.

Join these happy souls on the way to a great life that is all but utopian!

orwell_1984_filmea%5B4%5D.jpg

Dec 08, 650,000 jobs lost, Jan 09 700,000 jobs lost, Feb 09 650,000 jobs lost before Obama was sworn in and before his Recovery Act was signed. Every month since then, Job loss has subsided gradually each month to hardly any jobs lost recently and studies show 2 million jobs saved as well. Your sharing nothing but typical Republican misinformation to the public, and your constituents are gullible enough to believe it. It's disgraceful what obsrtuctionist your party has become. Your party is about to be exposed in 2010 for doing absolutely nothing to contribute to the well being of our country's recovery. The only thought on your minds is to harp on and mfg negative talking points for the 2010 and the 2012 elections to reclaim the country's power structure and keep from taxing the rich and outlawing abortion and gay rights. It's shameful...

Come on, businesses knew obama was coming in November. Maybe liberals don't plan for the future, but businesses do. Obama has never said anything positive about the US until the state of the union. Personally I have donated a fraction of what I did prior to 2008. Why? Uncertainty, the man changes the rules on a whim.