Obamacare

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Since we have no snow on the ground the only shoveling left would be the crap you spew here on a daily basis.
Then you must be a lib/democrat.
Because after Gruber, you all believe in lying.
Gruber thinks all the people who voted for the ACA (Obamacare) are stupid. And we know that Obamacare was passed with ALL DEMOCRAT VOTES.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrownArmy

There are too many problems with the ACA to list...

The Republicans want to 'repeal and replace' the ACA...

Repeal isn't looking good, even with control of both houses.

As for 'replace', I guess I would just ask, replace with what?

I've not heard anything substantive from the Republicans about what they would do in lieu of the ACA (if indeed they succeeded in repealing it, which is doubtful for a handful of reasons). Which is not to defend the ACA (basically a hand-job for insurance companies) or the Democrats (no explanation needed).

Sooo...

What's the replacement the Republicans have in mind?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There are too many problems with the ACA to list...

The Republicans want to 'repeal and replace' the ACA...

Repeal isn't looking good, even with control of both houses.

As for 'replace', I guess I would just ask, replace with what?

I've not heard anything substantive from the Republicans about what they would do in lieu of the ACA (if indeed they succeeded in repealing it, which is doubtful for a handful of reasons). Which is not to defend the ACA (basically a hand-job for insurance companies) or the Democrats (no explanation needed).

Sooo...

What's the replacement the Republicans have in mind?
They could probably just make a few cosmetic changes and change the name to McConnell Care and everyone would be happy.

BrownArmy

Then you must be a lib/democrat.
Because after Gruber, you all believe in lying.
Gruber thinks all the people who voted for the ACA (Obamacare) are stupid. And we know that Obamacare was passed with ALL DEMOCRAT VOTES.

Then you must believe in quadruple rainbows and unicorns if you think that Gruber is a lone gunman.

Those who are unfortunate enough to watch the sausage getting made generally decline in the future to eat sausage.

Gruber is a political idiot, no doubt, but only because he was impolitic enough to tell the truth.

Are you telling me that there are no Grubers on the other side?

Please.

History defies you.

realbrown1

Then you must believe in quadruple rainbows and unicorns if you think that Gruber is a lone gunman.

Those who are unfortunate enough to watch the sausage getting made generally decline in the future to eat sausage.

Gruber is a political idiot, no doubt, but only because he was impolitic enough to tell the truth.

Are you telling me that there are no Grubers on the other side?

Please.

History defies you.
The one thing you are forgetting is that the ACA/Obamacare was crafted by liberal democrats and passed into law by all liberal democrats.
Who said Gruber acted alone? He had other lying liberal democrats helping fool all the democrats in Congress to vote for that steaming pile.

BrownArmy

The one thing you are forgetting is that the ACA/Obamacare was crafted by liberal democrats and passed into law by all liberal democrats.
Who said Gruber acted alone? He had other lying liberal democrats helping fool all the democrats in Congress to vote for that steaming pile.

Clearly you're missing my point.

Also, the concept of the ACA was drafted by, maybe the Heritage Foundation or some such other Conservative foundation?

The concept of the ACA was a Conservative idea (Romney in MA, etc.) until Obama tried to implement it nation-wide, by ramming it through with no discussion, in which case it was FAIL.

(You and I agree more than you think).

You're missing my point because there are 'Grubers' on both sides...I'm not discounting the actual Gruber in the ACA, I'm just saying there are plenty of 'Grubers' on the Pub side.

No?

realbrown1

Clearly you're missing my point.

Also, the concept of the ACA was drafted by, maybe the Heritage Foundation or some such other Conservative foundation?

The concept of the ACA was a Conservative idea (Romney in MA, etc.) until Obama tried to implement it nation-wide, by ramming it through with no discussion, in which case it was FAIL.

(You and I agree more than you think).

You're missing my point because there are 'Grubers' on both sides...I'm not discounting the actual Gruber in the ACA, I'm just saying there are plenty of 'Grubers' on the Pub side.

No?
So what did these so called "GRUBERS" on the conservative's side lie about?

BrownArmy

So what did these so called "GRUBERS" on the conservative's side lie about?

Where to start.

Setting aside the Afghanistan and Iraq 'wars', let's talk about the Patriot Act.

If the Patriot Act had been accurately described to the US populace, and said populace had any choice in the matter, no way they would have approved it.

But the American populace doesn't get to approve/disapprove of laws put forth and implemented by government, do they?

We elected Bush, he rammed through the Patriot Act.

We elected Obama, he rammed through the ACA.

There are 'Grubers' everywhere.

(As well, you're incorrect that the ACA was some sort of 'liberal lie', or whatever...the entire base of the plan was initially hatched by conservatives, so there's that).

realbrown1

Where to start.

Setting aside the Afghanistan and Iraq 'wars', let's talk about the Patriot Act.

If the Patriot Act had been accurately described to the US populace, and said populace had any choice in the matter, no way they would have approved it.

But the American populace doesn't get to approve/disapprove of laws put forth and implemented by government, do they?

We elected Bush, he rammed through the Patriot Act.

We elected Obama, he rammed through the ACA.

There are 'Grubers' everywhere.

(As well, you're incorrect that the ACA was some sort of 'liberal lie', or whatever...the entire base of the plan was initially hatched by conservatives, so there's that).
The Patriot act and Iraq and Afghanistan were passed by congress with BI-PARTISAN SUPPORT. So none of those action relied on the stupidity of Democrats.
The only action that relied on the stupidity of American Democrats (the only ones apparently stupid enough to vote for the ACA) was Obamacare.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2monpsx.jpg

BrownArmy

The Patriot act and Iraq and Afghanistan were passed by congress with BI-PARTISAN SUPPORT. So none of those action relied on the stupidity of Democrats.
The only action that relied on the stupidity of American Democrats (the only ones apparently stupid enough to vote for the ACA) was Obamacare.

I'm kind of confused about this rationale...

American Democrats didn't vote for the ACA.

American Democrats voted for Obama, etc., who rammed through the ACA.

It wasn't like the ACA was up for vote via the American People, Dems or Pubs.

That's like saying the American People individually voted for the Patriot Act.

They didn't.

They voted in leaders who voted for the Patriot Act (and later on, the ACA).

If your argument is that 'stupid American Democrats' voted in the ACA, that's correct, but twice removed.

realbrown1

I'm kind of confused about this rationale...

American Democrats didn't vote for the ACA.

American Democrats voted for Obama, etc., who rammed through the ACA.

It wasn't like the ACA was up for vote via the American People, Dems or Pubs.

That's like saying the American People individually voted for the Patriot Act.

They didn't.

They voted in leaders who voted for the Patriot Act (and later on, the ACA).

If your argument is that 'stupid American Democrats' voted in the ACA, that's correct, but twice removed.
Only democrats voted for the aca. But you will still be confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
But Obamacare was supposed to give everybody health care?

Via Daily Caller:

One in three Americans has put off seeking medical treatment in 2014 due to high costs, according to Gallup — the highest percentage since Gallup began asking the question in 2001.

Thirty-three percent of Americans have delayed medical treatment for themselves or their families because of the costs they’d have to pay, according to the survey. Obamacare, of course, had promised that it would help make health care more affordable for everyone, but the number of people who can’t afford a trip to the doctor has actually risen three points since 2013, before most Obamacare provisions took effect.

The hardest-hit: the middle-class. Americans with an annual household income of between $30,000 and $75,000 began delaying medical care over costs more in 2014, up to 38 percent in 2014 from 33 percent last year; among households that earn above $75,000, 28 percent delayed care this year, compared to just 17 percent last year.