Obamacare

HardknocksUPSer

You can roll the dice, pay the fine and hope you remain healthy until you are covered by Teamcare. You would still be covered if you get hurt while working (comp).
This is my plan, I've rolled the dice till now anyways so hopefully I'll hold out till this coming year. I wonder how they view a worker who will receive insurance through their employer but doesn't have it yet? wish I could find a loop hole lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hardknocks, Try this calculator: http://obamacarefee.com/calculator/.

What is lower, the penalty or the cost of insurance?

This will be interesting as lots of folks get hit with these new taxes for not complying. Do they take the hit, or dish out for coverage, or perhaps quit working and go on medicaid?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
It's not so much about the money, i don't want to support his program more than anything, other than that, it's about the money. There shouldn't be a "better of the two evils" when it comes to this, and yes you must be a student to stay with the parents insurance plan.

Too bad you're not in Massachusetts, you could have gotten Romneycare.

Last edited:

HardknocksUPSer

Hardknocks, Try this calculator: http://obamacarefee.com/calculator/.

What is lower, the penalty or the cost of insurance?

This will be interesting as lots of folks get hit with these new taxes for not complying. Do they take the hit, or dish out for coverage, or perhaps quit working and go on medicaid?
It's not so much about the money, i don't want to support his program more than anything, other than that, it's about the money. There shouldn't be a "better of the two evils" when it comes to this, and yes you must be a student to stay with the parents insurance plan.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Personally, I asked that question because I believe, most won't get insurance and just pay the fine.

bowflex

I didn't want to follow the seat belt law or the no taking on the cellphone while driving law. I don't think Obama put those laws into action. But it's the law so I follow it. The insurance is pretty damn cheap. In most cases cheaper than your current employers insurance. I am self employed now and looked into going through my business for insurance or Obama care. Obama care was cheaper and provided much better coverage. Sometimes you have to out your ignorance aside to make the right decision.

HardknocksUPSer

I didn't want to follow the seat belt law or the no taking on the cellphone while driving law. I don't think Obama put those laws into action. But it's the law so I follow it. The insurance is pretty damn cheap. In most cases cheaper than your current employers insurance. I am self employed now and looked into going through my business for insurance or Obama care. Obama care was cheaper and provided much better coverage. Sometimes you have to out your ignorance aside to make the right decision.
I believe everything your saying, I agree with you fully, im guilty of being ignorant at times and situations like this.

bbsam

Staff member
Option D: Osama leaves us alone.
That is a choice, of course. I just wish that people making that choice, rolling the dice, would be denied any emergency room care from now on. It feels so strange to hear independent minded people biding their time to become dependent on their employers.

HardknocksUPSer

What was the cheapest premium you found?

Edit: 2 questions
  1. Is preloader your only job?
  2. Did your state expand Medicaid?
Something between 30-40$ a month with a 20-50$ co-pay and preload is my only job, I do however have a second job but I get paid cash for my second job.

HardknocksUPSer

That is a choice, of course. I just wish that people making that choice, rolling the dice, would be denied any emergency room care from now on. It feels so strange to hear independent minded people biding their time to become dependent on their employers.
Independent to a extend, ride the gravy train if I can without paying, if the employer didn't offer insurance I would however get insurance, but it wouldn't be Obama care