Obama's grandmother past away

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Was it from the injuries she sustained when he threw her under the bus?

Seriously its sad, and at a bad time for him. God Bless her.

paidslave

Very sad and no question she will meet the big man in the sky and reap her reward. I have to add that i believe Barack had a very challenging life being bi-racial....There are so many people that loved him because of the person he is all race aside...

His grandmother and family are wonderful people for not disowning this wonderful person that he became! My parents would have killed me if I married a Black women.......I hope people reallly understand what these people have done standing by his side through all the problems that must have arose because of the color of his skin and being raised mainly by a white family!

Rest in peace grandma.......btw: This post is coming from a white person!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Very sad and no question she will meet the big man in the sky and reap her reward. I have to add that i believe Barack had a very challenging life being bi-racial....There are so many people that loved him because of the person he is all race aside...

His grandmother and family are wonderful people for not disowning this wonderful person that he became! My parents would have killed me if I married a Black women.......I hope people reallly understand what these people have done standing by his side through all the problems that must have arose because of the color of his skin and being raised mainly by a white family!

Rest in peace grandma.......btw: This post is coming from a white person!

I agree, and that would be the first time.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It sucks that she didn't get to see her grandson perhaps make history. I've lost my grandparents and I miss them very much. My condolences to Barrack and his family.

JustTired

free at last.......
I do not wish to sound mean,but the timing of this death does make me raise questions.

Whether the timing would be considered a help or not is a moot point at this stage. It might be, in her mind, that it was the "last final measure" of her devotion to a grandson that she loved and had devoted a good amount of her life to help become the man that he is today.

It would be my guess that he would give it all up to have a healthy grandmother that would be around for many years to come. Win or lose, I think she can look down from heaven and be very proud of her grandson. And take some pride in knowing that she has helped to shape him into the man he is today.

I would echo these comments if it had been McCains' mother as well.

May she rest in peace.........and may McCains' mother have many more healthy years.

browndevil

Its a question the democrats would ask if it had happened to McCain.

My prayers and condolences to Barrack and his family.
Not this democrat Tie. We may disagree here and there but I do have compassion for humans regardless of their political affilliations.

If only she could have hung on one more day

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
What a crock.

Crock?

Don't think so. In fairness to both sides I've seen the ugly bigotry against Obama and I've seen people so hell bent to destroy Sarah Palin that they actually went after her kids.

If you think my point is a crock then you need to pull your head out of whatever hole you had it buried in. Don't let your hangup with me destroy your credibility.

PAUPSER

Regardless of their part affiliation it’s a shame she wasn’t able to see her grandson whom she helped raise become president

chev

Nightcrawler
Regardless of their part affiliation it’s a shame she wasn’t able to see her grandson whom she helped raise become president
All animosity aside, you are right. It really is a shame she could not share his proud moment. :wink2: