Observed Holiday-Day After Thanksgiving

HULKAMANIA

I understand the pay for that day so I’m not looking to be reminded of that. I am curious as to how other locals rules on this. The contract clearly states that it’s an observed holiday. With that being said how can they force you in? I know most will say just call in. Ok I agree but they will charge as a call in. With it being an observed holiday how can it be classified as a call in?

Thanks

HULKAMANIA

That still doesn’t answer my question. In the contract it’s an observed holiday. That means it’s no different than Christmas, 4th of July, etc.

charm299

I understand the pay for that day so I’m not looking to be reminded of that. I am curious as to how other locals rules on this. The contract clearly states that it’s an observed holiday. With that being said how can they force you in? I know most will say just call in. Ok I agree but they will charge as a call in. With it being an observed holiday how can it be classified as a call in?

Thanks
It’s considered a working holiday

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That still doesn’t answer my question. In the contract it’s an observed holiday. That means it’s no different than Christmas, 4th of July, etc.

Keep reading. The only day they can't "force" you in is Labor Day.

Even then (in the Central)....

They could schedule you on Labor Day, only with the Union's approval.

"Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union."

-Bug-

Observer

Depends on your hub - ours was forced on us years ago - yes we all know the contract states - day after Thanksgiving is off - but the company stated they needed people in -"due to business conditions" - so the book is false - they are suggestions - it was nice to be off the day after Thanksgiving - the only way you can get it - is if you schedule that as one of your vacation weeks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Depends on your hub - ours was forced on us years ago - yes we all know the contract states - day after Thanksgiving is off - but the company stated they needed people in -"due to business conditions" - so the book is false - they are suggestions - it was nice to be off the day after Thanksgiving - the only way you can get it - is if you schedule that as one of your vacation weeks.

Actually.... it depends on your supplemental language.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Let’s see, 110 dollars an hour and u only make 4 dollars an hour, what country u live in? Pretty sure nobody pays 97% in taxes, yet.
lol I was a little exaggerated on the $4 can you please be happy and joke around? I know when I crushed them with 68hrs last peak , 8 actual “double -time” hrs it was not worth it.
🧔✊

charm299

lol I was a little exaggerated on the $4 can you please be happy and joke around? I know when I crushed them with 68hrs last peak , 8 actual “double -time” hrs it was not worth it.
🧔✊
I know I was being a little sarcastic too. They do * you on your check thou

Last edited by a moderator: