Observed Holiday-Day After Thanksgiving

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Call in and ask to be coded as a sick day. They will tell you we can’t do that it’s a holiday. Then say ok then why am I calling you? They’ll say your scheduled to work and then tell them you’re sick. Rinse and repeat til the eventual hang up.

ManInBrown

I understand the pay for that day so I’m not looking to be reminded of that. I am curious as to how other locals rules on this. The contract clearly states that it’s an observed holiday. With that being said how can they force you in? I know most will say just call in. Ok I agree but they will charge as a call in. With it being an observed holiday how can it be classified as a call in?

Thanks
Paid day off in the 177. God bless the boys down at the hall for standing strong on this one. You work here it’s 8 hours holiday pay, plus double time for all hours worked.

Karma...

if its a contract issue perhaps in the next contract you folks can get it clarified as to if its a forced work day or an option work day......simple clarification thru precise language...

charm299

if its a contract issue perhaps in the next contract you folks can get it clarified as to if its a forced work day or an option work day......simple clarification thru precise language...
Simple clarification? The whole contract is written in a way to have a cloudy clarification so ups can get away with stuff

What'dyabringmetoday???

Nope.

When the IBT is closed, so are the Locals.

It's one of the "perks" of the job.

Having to put up with whiners (like you) that hide in the shadows and don't have the guts to run for office....

is hardly worth the day off.

Lol.
Lol. I'm sure most of you can't waddle into the office after gorging yourselves the day before. Keep up the good work tough guy. Whiners- lol. Oh that's right- you like UPSers' dues money but it ends there. Nice plaques. Proud UPS Guy. Lol