Odds of a 13 year PTer getting his job back after attempted fraud?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by I have been lurking, Nov 6, 2019.

1. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Why does Tuesday come so fast?

Genius chipped a bone in his elbow and decided to claim he did it at work. In front of the damn camera.
    Also, does he lose his pension too?

2. rod

rod retired and happy

Zero % chance of getting his job back. He will be able to collect what little pension he is due if the Plan hasn't tanked by then but he will have to wait until he's something like 65 or 70 to collect. That being said UPS sometimes does just the opposite of what you predict.

3. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

How do they know he didn’t do it at work?

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They said on camera. So I’m guessing he was on camera not getting hurt during the time that he claimed to get hurt. Lol

6. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Yikes

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I mean that’s the only way to really prove it I would think. Outside of a confession

8. rod

rod retired and happy

Seen a few get away with weekend injuries after punching in on Monday. To be honest they should have been turned in. Its hard enough trying to get a legitimate work comp claim.

9. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

If these are rumours, I would wait before the facts come out. UPS has been canning people for reporting injuries in this area.

10. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

In one center office, the file binder next to Pittsburgh is labeled "not on my dime" not safety or injuries. Nuff said

11. I hope the union doesn’t welcome him back. He’s got insurance. Use it! Instead try to steal and screw the rest of us.

12. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

It's a violation of the contract.... to get injured ?

13. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Cardinal, proven dishonesty...they want to intimidate coworkers into not filing a report, by sitting people out as examples, even if it is completely unfounded, untrue and perhaps illegal

14. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

Keep in mind , video is not submitable during arbitration or at panels , only still images such as photos .

15. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Just an FYI, the video systems in new and retrofitted buildings is very impressive. We have monitors in our feeder office that have access to outside cameras, they can zoom in on anything and the picture remains clear.

The inside cameras are probably even better, that way they can catch people trying to steal. I assume I'm being videotaped everywhere inside and outside our hub... Maybe even in the restroom.:ninja3:

16. BrownMonk

BrownMonk Old fart Package Car Driver

He has a chance if the company is willing. Otherwise, if the company has the evidence, he is cooked. He did pick the right time of year depending on the rest of his record. They really need people and his immediate boss might be able to help him out.

17. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I don't think this will help since he's trying to go out with an injury.

18. BrownMonk

We had a couple guys get back when they did this but they had super clean records.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

They might let him sit at home for an extended period of time to send a message to his co-workers.

20. BrownMonk

They waited a couple months here as well