Off Topic --

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why isn't he doing the obvious things to inflate those accounts?
Because Fred isn’t stupid. He knows if he does the obvious things to inflate those accounts he will lose what little loyalty is left of the employees who still bleed purple and the old timers who still have a good work ethic, thus resulting in Express crashing and burning.

Serf

For the first time in a decade I'm starting to think about a career change. Or maybe switch. Seems the only feasible options within the company are RTD or Ramp Agent. One job they'll take anyone it seems. The other, one must know someone with a lot of stripes.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because Fred isn’t stupid. He knows if he does the obvious things to inflate those accounts he will lose what little loyalty is left of the employees who still bleed purple and the old timers who still have a good work ethic, thus resulting in Express crashing and burning.

If you think it'd crash and burn, I have some interesting news for you: it wouldn't. People don't care about those things as long as they aren't affected by them. Go check out the FB Express group. Post something negative, no matter how minor, and you'll get hit with a purple wave of pushback. There are plenty of people who not only disagree with dissenting opinions, but who can't see why anyone would dare to have one.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you think it'd crash and burn, I have some interesting news for you: it wouldn't. People don't care about those things as long as they aren't affected by them. Go check out the FB Express group. Post something negative, no matter how minor, and you'll get hit with a purple wave of pushback. There are plenty of people who not only disagree with dissenting opinions, but who can't see why anyone would dare to have one.
Oh, I know. I’ve seen them. Lucky for them their careers at FedEx have been all sunshine and rainbows.