Offical Post! What Behind The Numbers!

80GRAND

OK GUYS ! IM ONLY A OVER-PAID TRUCK DRIVER! PLEASE LET EVERYBODY KNOW WHATS HIDING BEHIND THIS CONTRACT!

A FELLOW TEAMSTER ALREADY FIGURED OUT THE RAISES! AFTER NOT HAVING THE RAISE FOR 6 MONTHS!

HERES THE NUMBERS
1st year .46
2nd year .48
3rd year .48
4th year .52
5th year .57
WHAT A DROP FROM OUR LAST RAISE OF $1.00
ALSO THE FUTURE OF THE UPS DRIVER IS NOT BRIGHT! WITH 3 YEARS TO MAKE TOP RATE AND 60 DAYS TO MAKE SENIORITY!

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE OTHER HIDDEN NUMBERS BEHIND THIS

BEST CONTRACT EVER"

80GRAND

i uderstand what u are saying mr v but just by giving this raise back for 6 months , affects every contract from now on! we will never get our 1 time yearly raise back! our brothers and sisters fought so hard over the years to keep this 1 time a year raise! now hoffa gave it away !!
concession concession

not to mention all the other concessions that will affect our future!

Leftinbuilding

That is the nature of negotiations. Nobody gets everything. Both sides give up something. Both sides gain something. You don't like the raise progression. Someone else doesn't like the pay progression. I don't like....whatever. 230,000 individual contracts aint gonna happen.

The company had to get out of cs. 6 billion $ today, how much would it have cost in '97? I think the union gave up on raises in order to pay for what the difference is. Didn't the members say they wanted a stong pension? Drivers hourly pay has gone up 40% in 10 years.

1timepu

OK GUYS ! IM ONLY A OVER-PAID TRUCK DRIVER! PLEASE LET EVERYBODY KNOW WHATS HIDING BEHIND THIS CONTRACT!

A FELLOW TEAMSTER ALREADY FIGURED OUT THE RAISES! AFTER NOT HAVING THE RAISE FOR 6 MONTHS!

HERES THE NUMBERS
1st year .46
2nd year .48
3rd year .48
4th year .52
5th year .57
WHAT A DROP FROM OUR LAST RAISE OF $1.00
ALSO THE FUTURE OF THE UPS DRIVER IS NOT BRIGHT! WITH 3 YEARS TO MAKE TOP RATE AND 60 DAYS TO MAKE SENIORITY!

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE OTHER HIDDEN NUMBERS BEHIND THIS

BEST CONTRACT EVER"

Let me say if YOU vote no you will be letting the fellow UPSER's in the CENTRAL STATES down again, they could have been bailed out back in 1997 but we went to strike which was over this, 6 billion dollars to bail out my fellow teamsters is ok with me and so is this contract, also UPS has lost its Tripple AAA rating for this so yes they are sacrificing to

80GRAND

cs might want to head on the first flight to vegas and claim what is theirs! there is their pension!

shiining bright !!

tourists24

80Grand, Im in agreement with you on the pay raises. Im aware that UPS put up a lot of money in order to bail out the CS mess; but they are also getting what they wanted with more control. There is absolutely NO reason we should accept the small raises for the next five years. If UPS were running in the red then come talk to me about things. This isnt the case. We should at least keep pace with what we have been getting

tourists24

Amen to that.... even if the pension was secure, it would only be for this contract. You never know what the next contract holds. But even if the pension were secure, there's no reason we shouldnt get the same raise that we've been getting. We're doing the same work (maybe more) and UPS can afford it. I dont think it's unfair to ask that

a secure pension for this contract!!! maybe but remember this isnt the last contract secure today gone tomorrow, and UPS never does anything without a motive behind it, control of the central states today but what about tomorrow... Beside the way I see it that most of the people that are saying this is a good contract possible could have something to due with the fact that they may be retired before this so called BEST CONTRACT EVER is re-newed. So it appears that allot of you are looking at what is good for you instead of what is good for the teamster's over all.

80GRAND

A secure pension isn't enough?????

hey 1989 a secure pension is not enough if the new hires will not be able to make seniority because of the new 60 working day period!

also 3 years is a long time to busy ur butt everyday just so u can support a family! so in that case a secure pension is out of the window! and not enough

Buster

Company should have just gave raises of $2.00, $2.25, $2.50, $2.75 and $3.00 per hr over life of contract, would've been cheeper. It seems the only item 80grand and company look at is hrly wage.

1timepu

80Grand, Im in agreement with you on the pay raises. Im aware that UPS put up a lot of money in order to bail out the CS mess; but they are also getting what they wanted with more control. There is absolutely NO reason we should accept the small raises for the next five years. If UPS were running in the red then come talk to me about things. This isnt the case. We should at least keep pace with what we have been getting

What control???? Taking the pensions out of multi empolyer pension plans is GOOD, I could CARE LESS for other teamsters for other companys, and if you think that UPS has control, you are misinformed both the Teamsters and UPS will over see the pensions, also you should know this if you have worked for the company the Package division domestic which we are apart of makes a small profit for the company, if you keep pushing then dont be surprised when they sell us off, it is the other ventures like Logistics, International, and freight and customs and others which are making the big profits for UPS, If you think 6 Billion to bail out the CS, which by the way went to Las Vegas courtesy of Jimmy Hoffa sr, and the money $32hr after 5 years take home 1,000 dollars for a 40hr work week, and to KEEP PACE as u say we would need ONE MORE RAISE FOR 45 CENTS to keep pace? so you tell me you want to vote this down for 45 cents????????? lol I myself am not happy with the sub contracting, but ya know what this is being practiced right now with language in our current contract. I vote yes cus to me it aint worth 45 cents and my Pension wont get reduced and I dont have to pay for healthcare

80GRAND

Company should have just gave raises of $2.00, $2.25, $2.50, $2.75 and $3.00 per hr over life of contract, would've been cheeper. It seems the only item 80grand and company look at is hrly wage.

no buster how bout the other concessions!! stop talking like a n**** rich driver!

they other concessions are just as costly if not more!!