Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
Go to a dutch club if you can..... or a dutch bar ! Get some of the action, and if needed make a pact with the germans to kill that Octopus ! LOL

fxdwg

Long Time Member
ptsf-004F.jpg

klein

It;s all right and good in "your volentary society", but we see it doesn't or didn't work in the US.
People still have the right to emergency rooms, or an ambulance, even though they can't pay for it. - So, it leaves the others to pick up the tab.

UNless, you want a society where someone is bleeding to death on the streets, and they check if you have an insurance card on you first, and if not, they leave you there.

And yes, I'm along the 80% of Canadians that think our healthcare is great, and as far as I know, so is DS, since he stated that himself on postings.
We'll get those waiting times down, but as one of the fastest growing population in the western world it got difficult, but they have still managed to bring down the waiting lists.
(and remember, those are just for non urgent cases, urgent cases get treatment a.s.a.p., like my mother had 2 years ago, as she fell and broke her hip).

Ofcourse, you have non urgent hip surgeries (people can still walk, etc), they will get treated sooner or later.

Sorry, but I would never go for that.
The US had their own country, and resources and ran it into debt (200K per person).
Nope, Canada will be it's own worldpower within the next 50-100 years.

If long term unemployment and laziness make a worldpower then you guys are #1 already.

klein

If long term unemployment and laziness make a worldpower then you guys are #1 already.

First of all, our unemployment numbers are less then yours, secondly our goverment unemployment fund holds over a billion in surplus, and thirdly, if you haven't heard, the recession has been over here for quite some time now. We already raised interest rates, and will be doing so, again, very shortly.

And btw, 99 weeks of collecting unemployment here is totally unheard of ! (Only in America) !

P

pickup

First of all, our unemployment numbers are less then yours, secondly our goverment unemployment fund holds over a billion in surplus, and thirdly, if you haven't heard, the recession has been over here for quite some time now. We already raised interest rates, and will be doing so, again, very shortly.

And btw, 99 weeks of collecting unemployment here is totally unheard of ! (Only in America) !

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...nt-in-canada-has-doubled-oecd/article1631249/

How long can I receive EI?
You can receive EI from 19 weeks up to a maximum of 50 weeks, depending on the unemployment rate in your region at the time of filing your claim and the amount of insurable hours you have accumulated in the last 52 weeks or since your last claim, whichever is shorter.

The "Improved Duration of Employment Insurance (EI) Regular Benefits" initiative increases the duration of regular benefits. This temporary initiative applies to all claims whose benefit period has not ended before March 1, 2009, and whose benefit period does not begin after September 11, 2010.

methinks u were on the "pogee" a lot longer than u told upstatenew ork in a previous post. ( the keeboard I am on does not contain a certain letter, now I tipe and spell just like u klein)

klein

Nothing near 99 weeks like in the USA !
Anyways, my last day of employment, as I recall so well, was May31st, 2009.

and btw, the maximum is normally 26 weeks, but part of the stimulus, they upped it temporary.

P

pickup

and btw, the maximum is normally 26 weeks, but part of the stimulus, they upped it temporary.

ah, that was the last daa of emplo ment, when did u receive our last pogee check?

P

pickup

btw , our benefit period started before sept 11 2010 so that made u elegible for the extension.

klein

This was the subject :

Now, you can either agree or disagree with me or Cach, which country has more longterm bennies (and is lazy).
You have the facts, so where is your input ?

And keep in mind our unemployment numbers are less then in the States, too !

P

pickup

This was the subject :

Now, you can either agree or disagree with me or Cach, which country has more longterm bennies (and is lazy).
You have the facts, so where is your input ?

And keep in mind our unemployment numbers are less then in the States, too !

and in an earlier post , u told cach it is 26 weeks for canada when he congratulated u on the one ear anniversarie of slackerhood , impliing that u were onlie on the teat for 26 weeks. Seems to me u were on the teat for a lot longer. Were u? And are u still?

P

pickup

anwaaa, klein I have been abstaining from reading and posting on browncafe because of u and it seems the universe agrees because it has stricken a letter from mi keeboard. so u have passed me on the number of posts so I pass the baton to u and u can keep running with ur hipocrsie and lies. Good luck to u. I no longer want to post because I can't abide bi the terms of service, take care slacker.

klein

Canadians buying more U.S. homes, says realtor study

By The Canadian Press
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WASHINGTON - A U.S. study says Canadians are snapping up U.S housing more than any other foreigners.

The National Association of Realtors says Canadians bought 23 per cent of all the houses in the United States sold to foreigners in the year ended March 31.

First of all, our unemployment numbers are less then yours Would those numbers have to do with a lower population than us? I wonder what it is on a strictly percentage level., secondly our goverment unemployment fund holds over a billion in surplus If they all ride the govt pony as long as you they`ll need it., and thirdly, if you haven't heard, the recession has been over here for quite some time now. We already raised interest rates, and will be doing so, again, very shortly. Of course they will. They have to take more from the hard working folks to fill up your previously mentioned billion dollar fund.

And btw, 99 weeks of collecting unemployment here is totally unheard of ! But you plan on turning up the volume,right?(Only in America) !

Nothing near 99 weeks like in the USA ! Typical. Get called out on a subject and you try the misdirection game. Have you put in an application as a magician? That one might pay off.
Anyways, my last day of employment, as I recall so well, was May31st, 2009. 58 weeks and counting. Oops stepped on that land mine didn`t ya?

Lets get to the point. This ain`t about Canada,it`s about you. Try and spin it anyway you want. The fact of the matter is when it comes to sucking off the blood of the working class you`re on a epic of Dracula proportions

klein

I paid my fair share and plus some, my share for schools, that I didn't use, my share for playgrounds I didn't use, my share as in the highest tax bracket (single with no kids), my share for other peoples kids to get healthcare, and so on.
Nevermind all the pregnant women that get 26 weeks Unemployment checks.
Even little things , such as garbage pick-up. Took me 3 weeks to finally fill a garbage bag and put it out today.
I don't need weekly garbage pick-up, but still need to pay for it.

Btw, yes, by percentage.. 7.9% here. (still 2 percent higher then prior the recession).

I paid my fair share and plus some, my share for schools, that I didn't use, my share for playgrounds I didn't use, my share as in the highest tax bracket (single with no kids), my share for other peoples kids to get healthcare, and so on.
Nevermind all the pregnant women that get 26 weeks Unemployment checks.

Btw, yes, by percentage.. 7.9% here. (still 2 percent higher then prior the recession).

"Look! Nothing up my sleeve! Stare in awe as I pull another 26 weeks unemployment out of the hat!"

Milk that cow ,Klein, milk that cow.