*Official* Joe Biden Presidency Thread

oldngray

nowhere special
This has to be the best story about Biden's failures of the day.

It's all Vlad's fault! Biden blames PUTIN for 7.9% inflation – the highest in 40 years – even though Russia only invaded Ukraine four days before the end of the month being measured​

• US Consumer Price Index rose 7.9 percent in February from a year ago, the most since June 1982
  • Biden blamed Vladimir Putin, thought the latest report does not capture the full impact of Russia's invasion
  • Soaring prices are affecting food, clothing, shelter and other basic necessities for regular Americans
Inflation was 1.4% when Trump left office

Trump miss me.jpg

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

It's all Vlad's fault! Biden blames PUTIN for 7.9% inflation – the highest in 40 years – even though Russia only invaded Ukraine four days before the end of the month being measured​

• US Consumer Price Index rose 7.9 percent in February from a year ago, the most since June 1982
  • Biden blamed Vladimir Putin, thought the latest report does not capture the full impact of Russia's invasion
  • Soaring prices are affecting food, clothing, shelter and other basic necessities for regular Americans
Saw a gas station today. Diesel was $5.49....

FJB

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Damn that Putin!

UnionStrong

Once again, President Biden and his Minister of Propaganda, Jen Psaki, are misleading the American people. This time about oil production.

Mr. Biden and Ms. Psaki both say it is Putin who is most responsible for the rise in gas prices. The pair also put forth that the Biden administration is harvesting more oil than the Trump crew.

The sleight of hand is a comparison between the first year of both administrations. That doesn't matter because Trump grew oil production while Biden is shrinking it.

Here are the facts. When Donald Trump left office, the average price for a gallon of gas was around $2.50. After 13 months of Biden, the price had risen more than a dollar - and that was well before Putin's Ukraine invasion.

Under Trump in 2020, the US produced 18.4 million barrels of oil a day. During Biden's first year, the number was down to 16.6. That's about 2 million barrels a day less under Biden - close to 800 million fewer barrels a year.

So, here's my question: how does President Biden get away with this kind of deceit?
The media won’t call out the lies.

newfie

Once again, President Biden and his Minister of Propaganda, Jen Psaki, are misleading the American people. This time about oil production.

Mr. Biden and Ms. Psaki both say it is Putin who is most responsible for the rise in gas prices. The pair also put forth that the Biden administration is harvesting more oil than the Trump crew.

The sleight of hand is a comparison between the first year of both administrations. That doesn't matter because Trump grew oil production while Biden is shrinking it.

Here are the facts. When Donald Trump left office, the average price for a gallon of gas was around $2.50. After 13 months of Biden, the price had risen more than a dollar - and that was well before Putin's Ukraine invasion.

Under Trump in 2020, the US produced 18.4 million barrels of oil a day. During Biden's first year, the number was down to 16.6. That's about 2 million barrels a day less under Biden - close to 800 million fewer barrels a year.

So, here's my question: how does President Biden get away with this kind of deceit?
excuses have run the gamut.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
my favorite part;

"After declining in 2020, the combined production of U.S. fossil fuels (including natural gas, crude oil, and coal) increased by 2% in 2021 to 77.14 quadrillion British thermal units. Based on forecasts in our latest Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), we expect U.S. fossil fuel production to continue rising in both 2022 and 2023, surpassing production in 2019, to reach a new record in 2023."
Why is this predicted to happen, Karen?

BrownFlush

I don't even flinch now when I see or hear something that says how stupid they think we are.

newfie

I don't even flinch now when I see or hear something that says how stupid they think we are.
the sad thing is i lived through the gas crunch and super high inflation rates of the carter years. Interest rates went through the roof trying to get inflation in check.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I really don't get liberals with the oil stuff, it isnt like we can't drill using the full might of environmental regulation to do it, why wouldn't you want every available energy source you could for the American consumer, electric and solar, wind are nice but their not there yet and you have to use slave labor to get the resources for those batteries, liberals make no sense

UnionStrong

I really don't get liberals with the oil stuff, it isnt like we can't drill using the full might of environmental regulation to do it, why wouldn't you want every available energy source you could for the American consumer, electric and solar, wind are nice but their not there yet and you have to use slave labor to get the resources for those batteries, liberals make no sense
It does to them.

BrownFlush

They Hate America.