Officially canceling DRIVE forever......

By The Book

Hey, I have always thought that go government employee unions were raping the state coffers.

Notice how much of his actions were targeting them.
Knowing that Scott Walker went after pensions is reason enough for me not to vote for a republican with the same principles.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Ditto Ronald Reagan. How is that Air Traffic Control union doing? I don't have much good to say about any politician, but one thing is for sure: one of the big arrows in a Republican's bag is the desire to kill any and all unions. That isn't my opinion, it's a fact. And I don't know if any of you have checked lately, but we're one of the last unions around.

It always amazes me to see how many of us here support and vote for politicians that hate everything we stand for, as we stand atop all of the bones and accomplishments of the union members before us. It makes me wonder how long it will take before Congress and UPS eliminates unions altogether. Or, will we do it for them.? Judging from this forum and many of the people I work with, it seems we are hell-bent on ruining ourselves. If we had a strike today, our union would collapse from all of the people crossing the lines.

Dracula

Hey, I have always thought that go government employee unions were raping the state coffers.

Notice how much of his actions were targeting them.

Yeah, I bet those teachers and firefighters were raping the taxpayers.

Spare me your idea of murder.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Yeah, I bet those teachers and firefighters were raping the taxpayers.

Spare me your idea of murder.
They were bankrupting the state.

If you can't understand that, I guess you have never ran out of money and had to cut costs?

And when they won't negotiate cuts, what choice did Walker have?

Dracula

http://m.muscatinejournal.com/news/...5b39-8179-7208385c6150.html?mobile_touch=true

Don't take my word for it, listen to the man say it for himself. "Divide and conquer". With the teachers, he went after the low hanging fruit. It was no mystery why he didn't go after the cops and firefighters. His whole plan wouldn't have worked. But you go one at a time, if you can successfully make a villain out of everyday people, and paint them as the reason why taxes are high, or why there is high unemployment, then you might win the smoke & mirrors contest.

The idea that supply side economics is the answer is a proven sham. As with everything, there is a balance. But the idea of slashing taxes on the wealthy and huge corporations to historic low levels only widens the gap between rich and poor and strangles the middle class.

Want a good picture of a full side supply side scenario? Go to Kansas. The governor and Republican House eliminated taxes on many businesses, and slashed income taxes, with the wealthy being the primary beneficiaries. All that did was make the state hemorrhage money. So a few weeks back, they showed their true colors and put the onus on the middle class and poor. Don't take my word for it:

http://www.leaderandtimes.com/index...-ever-tax-increase&catid=29:opinion&Itemid=58

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I don't really give two :censored2:s. Not like anyone who loves unions has done anything for us.

Bullox. They fill our court system with worker friendly judges who uphold worker's rights. They don't pursue "right-to-work" policies that are designed to cripple unions more than to give people a real choice. If the GOP had their way, you'd be making $15/hour and paying $10,000 a year for your benefits. And you'd feel privileged to work for UPS.

Dracula

Look, man, I'm disillusioned with all politicians, of all stripes. I could never see myself voting for a Republican, because they only favor big business above all else, and their views on social issues are laughable. The Democrat party is the closest to my views, but only part of the time. I hate political correctness, because it takes language more serious than intentions. Too many people get run over the coals for misspoken words, when many, many times those words are just words. People on the Democrat side are definitely responsible for political correctness police. Democrats take money from bankers as much as Republicans. Obama should've let the banks wither on the vine in 2007 and let the chips fall where they may. But he didn't. He let the banks do what they wanted, just as the Republicans did. And put Hillary Clinton in the pro-bank column.

But when it comes to the issues of unions, OUR union, the facts are, Democrats are going to vote in favor of our issues. They do because our union, and most unions that can, pay them to. Democrats don't vote for Right To Work laws. Republicans do every time. Democrats don't put pro-business people in the DOL and the NLRB. Republicans do every time. Democrats weren't the ones trying to pass "Flex Time" laws that would have eliminated overtime for hourly workers. Republicans came up with that idea. It goes on, and on.

I guess you have to vote your issues. My issues relate to my job, my retirement and my union. Do I have to hold my nose sometimes to vote my issues? Yes I do. But I'd rather hold my nose than close my eyes in the voting booth.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Bullox. They fill our court system with worker friendly judges who uphold worker's rights. They don't pursue "right-to-work" policies that are designed to cripple unions more than to give people a real choice. If the GOP had their way, you'd be making $15/hour and paying $10,000 a year for your benefits. And you'd feel privileged to work for UPS.
Yeah sorry if you belive the GOP wants everyone making 10k a year lol. Who'd pay taxes then?

I won't apologize I agree with the dems on union issues. That's it. I'm not going to vote on 1 issue.

Dracula

I don't really give two :censored2:s. Not like anyone who loves unions has done anything for us.

You're standing on the shoulders of everyone who has made you the wages and benefits you currently enjoy. You really don't see any further than your paycheck, do you?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I asked what serious candidates? You really think the union should back somebody who's only briefly in the race for publicity purposes, shooting his mouth off saying whatever he thinks people want to hear?

Again... name one SERIOUS GOP candidate who's pro-union. John McCain and Mitt Romney were historically moderate Republicans -- but neither (especially Romney) were ever truly on the side of the working man -- and both moved to extreme right positions when they entered the national race.

Republicans prefer to use terms like "supply-side economics" to get their uneducated, uninformed voters to the polls once every 4 years.

Trump is serious.

Dracula

Yeah sorry if you belive the GOP wants everyone making 10k a year lol. Who'd pay taxes then?

I won't apologize I agree with the dems on union issues. That's it. I'm not going to vote on 1 issue.

You really should read about the Sam Brownback era of governing in Kansas. It's enlightening. He was hell bent on showing the nation how an all-or-nothing tax cutting system would work. The results show that Brownback is a better salesman than a delivery guy, because the goods never arrived in Kansas. Cut and eliminate taxes, he said, and businesses will flock to Kansas. Oops. Never happened. Of course, it doesn't help when your social policies resemble the views of the Westboro Baptist church.

Schools have been scrambling to make due, because theirs budgets have been slashed because the tax cuts have busted a huge hole in the state budget. Since the state has a constitution requirement for a balanced budget, the state assembly had to raise taxes to meet that requirement. Taxes on the middle and poor classes. Neat. No more itemized deductions on tax returns. Sales tax went up. Cigarette taxes went up. One of the highest tax rates on food.

Who do you think those tax increases will hurt the most? Working families, or the Koch brothers and their country club fellows?