Oh Poor Amazon

JJinVA

T

The worst thing you can do is feed every dog on your route. It's just like giving money to pan handlers. After one time they expect it when they see you. I wouldnt have a problem with bad dogs, but most drivers feed every dog they see. That creates a problem. ( expensive problem, too).
Maybe Ive been lucky but I havent experienced anything but good from hooking dogs up with treats. One of them even used to run out in the street UNTIL I started giving them treats. Now when they see me, they run to that part of the yard and wait. *shrug* Im sure some drivers have had bad experiences though

oldngray

nowhere special
when-you-own-a-dog.jpg

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
T

The worst thing you can do is feed every dog on your route. It's just like giving money to pan handlers. After one time they expect it when they see you. I wouldnt have a problem with bad dogs, but most drivers feed every dog they see. That creates a problem. ( expensive problem, too).
I save my chicken bones from lunch for them. Hate to see a starving pit bull.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
My current route was my bid route a few years ago and most of the dogs I encounter were around then. They never bothered me and most would stay away from the truck. During the time I was not on the route various drivers would hand out dog treats to every single dog they would see and over time those dogs would expect that from every UPS truck that pulled up to the house. Many of those dogs get so excited they can’t control themselves and that’s how drivers get hurt.

Now I can’t deliver some of my stops because of them or end up standing in my truck waiting for a customer that is already walking out to meet me because they know the deal. None of them are happy about their dogs being fed treats.

The only time we should ever give a dog a treat is when they are questionable in their behavior. There is no need to throw one at every dog out of fear. ThT fear is messing things up for other drivers.
T

Truth. I've had dogs get hacked off if I didn't throw them a dry chunk of rotten horse mixed with powder after the cover driver fed them all week when I was on vacation.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I say let them handle all the Cologard boxes, especially the ones with brown smears on the outside. :nonono:💩

Zowert

T

When I was a cover driver I hated the bid drivers who would feed dogs and not leave treats on their truck when they left on vacation. One guy did this to me, I had dogs running up to me all day, one even jumped up in the cab. Scared the crap out of me, I’m standing in the cargo sorting and all of a sudden there’s this big black lab standing there staring at me. He was a friendly fella of course and looked just as confused as me. I could see him thinking, “Wait, you’re not the treat guy, or are you?”

I went out and bought some dog treats to keep them off me for the next two weeks I was covering his route.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real