Oh Poor Amazon

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm sure that 90% of anyone here who's delivered , has had a bad dog experience, either chased back to the truck or have been bitten , not a laughing matter

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I listened to this guy complain for a few minutes about his "volume", and then remembered the truck I get daily, business deliveries pal'd to the 1000 shelf found at the end of the day on the 7000 shelf, misloads that I have to shuttle/deliver...

Start the video at 2:51 and prepare to laugh. And remember, hes WALKING AROUND in a VAN

My rdl section is bigger volume than his entire truck

Fido

Youd have to kill it man. They will lay down their lives to defend what they perceive as a threat once they are in attack mode. Its really sad because theyre only doing what their instincts tell them to do. The owners have to be the brains behind their pets
I’ve been lunged at twice since driving. The first dog got my left hand and immediately got cracked across the face with the diad and I busted it’s teeth.
E619F3AA-EDC0-4C33-8DB2-68F8B85B250D.jpeg

The second dog jumped over the fence and chased after me and got into the cab of my truck before I could close the door. Was able to kick it in the head and grabbed it by the collar and threw it out of the truck and close the door

Pitbulls are intimidating dogs but the one dog I’m most fearful of are German sheppards. They have extremely strong bites.

Dog treats damn sure do help because I’ve kept a lot of potential bites from happening from constantly breaking up bones and throwing them towards them

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ve been lunged at twice since driving. The first dog got my left hand and immediately got cracked across the face with the diad and I busted it’s teeth.
View attachment 316196
The second dog jumped over the fence and chased after me and got into the cab of my truck before I could close the door. Was able to kick it in the head and grabbed it by the collar and threw it out of the truck and close the door

Pitbulls are intimidating dogs but the one dog I’m most fearful of are German sheppards. They have extremely strong bites.

Dog treats damn sure do help because I’ve kept a lot of potential bites from happening from constantly breaking up bones and throwing them towards them
I have had probably 10 dogs try to bite me in my career. 6 or 7 of them german shepards. i will not get out of the truck if there is one in sight

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I have had probably 10 dogs try to bite me in my career. 6 or 7 of them german shepards. i will not get out of the truck if there is one in sight
Got a house on my route with 2 german Shepard's that when the dogs are outside I leave the package at the end of the driveway. The owners will come out and tell me they bark but don't bite, yeah :censored2:ing right.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
View attachment 316196

That's a $5,000.00 puncture right there. $10,000.00. if they would bite someone's face. When their insurance pays out the situation for the owner gets serious. After dark delivery is what I get concerned about. Some of them never bark before they attack. I've seen rottweilers with their voice box cut out tied up with a log chain in drug dealing areas.

JJinVA

I always have a bag of treats in my truck. Hell Ill stop and give treats to dogs at houses that Im not even delivering to if they're going apesh-- just to chill them out.

Fido

That's a $5,000.00 puncture right there. $10,000.00. if they would bite someone's face. When their insurance pays out the situation for the owner gets serious. After dark delivery is what I get concerned about. Some of them never bark before they attack. I've seen rottweilers with their voice box cut out tied up with a log chain in drug dealing areas.
If a dog bites me in my face I’m going to kill it. Period.

JJinVA

If a dog bites me in my face I’m going to kill it. Period.
There was a lady at a nearby center who had her hand nearly torn completely off by a pit. Im prepared to kill ANY dog I see running towards me. It would break my heart, but it is what it is.

I follow the direction of my center manager though. If you see signs of dogs, water bowl, chains, toys, DR Bag it, put it at the fence. It's the ones who have no signs of a dog that will catch ppl off guard. I just treat every single house as if it has a dog hiding somewhere.

Whither

Scofflaw
The success of lawsuits depends entirely on state law ... 18 months ago I was bitten a red heeler that snuck up from the backyard. Had just handed an envelope to the resident and was turning to leave ... and there it was. Gashed me in the knee with a canine. Turned out the dog had a history of biting delivery drivers. Talked with a lawyer at a work-comp law firm endorsed by my local's president and was told that only serious injuries impress the courts of this state. Asked if that was the case even if I could present damning evidence that the dog had bitten at least 2 other drivers. He reiterated the point re: serious injuries.

I already knew this, but I learned from that attack that if a dog sneaks up on you: you must expect it's going to attack and act accordingly. Even if the resident is standing next to you (this is what delayed my reaction and gave the heeler its chance). I had a split-second to react, and I might've spared myself getting bitten if I had been aggressive ...

JJinVA

The success of lawsuits depends entirely on state law ... 18 months ago I was bitten a red heeler that snuck up from the backyard. Had just handed an envelope to the resident and was turning to leave ... and there it was. Gashed me in the knee with a canine. Turned out the dog had a history of biting delivery drivers. Talked with a lawyer at a work-comp law firm endorsed by my local's president and was told that only serious injuries impress the courts of this state. Asked if that was the case even if I could present damning evidence that the dog had bitten at least 2 other drivers. He reiterated the point re: serious injuries.

I already knew this, but I learned from that attack that if a dog sneaks up on you: you must expect it's going to attack and act accordingly. Even if the resident is standing next to you (this is what delayed my reaction and gave the heeler its chance). I had a split-second to react, and I might've spared myself getting bitten if I had been aggressive ...
I was bitten as a child while riding my bike through the neighborhood. Mom took the people to court and had the dog euthanized. So at least I know that isnt the case in VA. Sorry to hear it though. I would have gotten a better attorney if I was you but maybe it wouldnt have done any good.

Overpaid Union Thug

I always have a bag of treats in my truck. Hell Ill stop and give treats to dogs at houses that Im not even delivering to if they're going apesh-- just to chill them out.
Dog treats are a terrible idea. They cause dogs to run directly to, and sometimes under, the truck as we approach. Many have been run over. It also makes some so exited they’ll claw you to pieces. I’m still trying to remedy that problem from the last driver that had my route. The idiot gave treats to every dog he saw instead of just the ones that were acting crazy. I don’t even bother with them anymore. Haven’t bought treats in years

JJinVA

Dog treats are a terrible idea. They cause dogs to run directly to, and sometimes under, the truck as we approach. Many have been run over. It also makes some so exited they’ll claw you to pieces. I’m still trying to remedy that problem from the last driver that had my route. The idiot gave treats to every dog he saw instead of Justin the ones that were acting crazy. I don’t even bother with them anymore. Haven’t bought treats in years
There are pros and cons to it for sure. Ill take my chances with the treats over without them though. Im certain Ive avoided several attacks because I had them. But each to their own

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was bitten as a child while riding my bike through the neighborhood. Mom took the people to court and had the dog euthanized. So at least I know that isnt the case in VA. Sorry to hear it though. I would have gotten a better attorney if I was you but maybe it wouldnt have done any good.
If you ever need a good lawyer for dog bites, I know a good one in the Norfolk area. She got $15,000 out of a homeowner’s insurance company a few years ago for me. She works long distance too. I only dealt with her over the phone. It was settled pretty quickly also.

JJinVA

If you ever need a good lawyer for dog bites, I know a good one in the Norfolk area. She got $15,000 out of a homeowner’s insurance company a few years ago for me. She works long distance too. I only dealt with her over the phone. It was settled pretty quickly also.
I actually have some decent attorney hook ups just from years of troubled youth lol, but I appreciate it!

Zowert

There are literally thousands and thousands of videos showing ALL the delivery companies doing things they shouldn't. Back when I delivered there weren't all the cell phone cameras and door bell cameras and we still didn't do most of this stupid stuff. If we got pissed at a package we would wait until we were out of site in the back of the truck with the doors shut -- then we would rail on that SOB. Back then we had brains.
I may or may not have kicked the crap out of a few 100+ lbs mattresses.

Overpaid Union Thug

There are pros and cons to it for sure. Ill take my chances with the treats over without them though. Im certain Ive avoided several attacks because I had them. But each to their own
My current route was my bid route a few years ago and most of the dogs I encounter were around then. They never bothered me and most would stay away from the truck. During the time I was not on the route various drivers would hand out dog treats to every single dog they would see and over time those dogs would expect that from every UPS truck that pulled up to the house. Many of those dogs get so excited they can’t control themselves and that’s how drivers get hurt.

Now I can’t deliver some of my stops because of them or end up standing in my truck waiting for a customer that is already walking out to meet me because they know the deal. None of them are happy about their dogs being fed treats.

The only time we should ever give a dog a treat is when they are questionable in their behavior. There is no need to throw one at every dog out of fear. ThT fear is messing things up for other drivers.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
T
My current route was my bid route a few years ago and most of the dogs I encounter were around then. They never bothered me and most would stay away from the truck. During the time I was not on the route various drivers would hand out dog treats to every single dog they would see and over time those dogs would expect that from every UPS truck that pulled up to the house. Many of those dogs get so excited they can’t control themselves and that’s how drivers get hurt.

Now I can’t deliver some of my stops because of them or end up standing in my truck waiting for a customer that is already walking out to meet me because they know the deal. None of them are happy about their dogs being fed treats.

The only time we should ever give a dog a treat is when they are questionable in their behavior. There is no need to throw one at every dog out of fear. ThT fear is messing things up for other drivers.
The worst thing you can do is feed every dog on your route. It's just like giving money to pan handlers. After one time they expect it when they see you. I wouldnt have a problem with bad dogs, but most drivers feed every dog they see. That creates a problem. ( expensive problem, too).