Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was quite sure it was a form letter. I was just happy to see they were listening to ideas. Since they seem to be running out of them. Sometimes the obvious in a situation can be overlooked.

Brads idea was a plug that could be magnetized /demagnetized. De magnetized to get down to it, then magnetized to be pulled on to it. Slowing the flow enough to get one of the containment things around it. Nothing great and genius, just a thought.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You would only be hurting the independent gas station owner.

I see in the news all the vandalism that is being done to BP gas stations. Doesn't harm BP at all, but it sure hurts our neighbors who own these places.

I agree. In addition, i dont thinks its smart to boycott BP because if they dont make money then they could go bankrupt and we will end up paying for this mess with our tax dollars.

tieguy

Banned
BP-Damage-Claims.jpg

wkmac

Are you not also hurting the independent BP owner when you pull into an Exxon, Shell, Mobil, QT, etc. station before the gulf accident? Whether the reason makes sense or not is worthy of debate, hurting the independent BP owner should not IMO be among the arguements given to condemn the idea. How many folks here declare we should not use Fed Ex and always use UPS when doing so would hurt the independent Fed Ex Ground contract driver? Where's the difference? Oh, because you work at UPS? OK, I understand that choice but don't condemn others for theirs.

For the record, I've bought gas at BP a few times when I had no choice or the price was right but typically I buy elsewhere. If I had any reason to boycott BP, it would be that the State created Anglo-Persian Oil then Anglo-Iranian Oil and finally in the post year after the CIA lead Iranian coup at the beheast of british interests, the Brits changed the name to British Petroleum in order to put a face change in order to hide very dirty hands. I don't boycott BP for this because all the oil majors have dirty hands so there you go.

I see in the news all the vandalism that is being done to BP gas stations. Doesn't harm BP at all, but it sure hurts our neighbors who own these places.

Now that is completely wrong and a violation of property rights and just basic moral principles.

I watched a program on the Exxon Valdez spill on Green Planet channel last night and found a lot of the old footage from the day very interesting. Watching some of the public townhall meeting Exxon had with locals sounded so familar from a 2010' perspective.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.naturalnews.com/029030_Gulf_of_Mexico_oil_spill.html
Here are the 16 questions:

#1) Barack Obama has authorized the deployment of more than 17,000 National Guard members along the Gulf coast to be used "as needed" by state governors. So what are all of these National Guard troops going to be doing exactly? Are the troops going to be used to stop the oil or to control the public?

#2) Barack Obama has also announced the creation of a "Gulf recovery czar" who will be in charge of overseeing the restoration of the Gulf of Mexico region following the oil spill. So is appointing a "czar" Obama's idea of taking charge of a situation?

#3) Because it is so incredibly toxic, the UK's Marine Management Organization has completely banned Corexit 9500, so if there was a major oil spill in the UK's North Sea, BP would not be able to use it. So why is BP being allowed to use Corexit 9500 in the Gulf of Mexico?

#4) It is being reported that 2.61 parts per million of Corexit 9500 (mixed with oil at a ratio of 1:1o) is lethal to 50% of fish exposed to it within 96 hours. That means that 1 gallon of Corexit 9500/oil mixture is capable of rendering 383,141 gallons of water highly toxic to fish. So why was BP allowed to dump 1,021,000 gallons of Corexit 9500 and Corexit 9527 into the Gulf of Mexico, and why aren't they being stopped from dumping another 805,000 gallons of these dispersants that they have on order into the Gulf?

#5) If these dispersants are so incredibly toxic to fish, what are they going to do to crops? What are they going to do to people?

#6) If the smell of the oil on some Gulf beaches is already so strong that it burns your nostrils, then what in the world is this oil doing to wildlife that encounter it?

#7) Is it a bad sign that birds from the Gulf region are flocking north by the thousands?

Remember the Tsunami in the Indian ocean a few years back? The animals fled first, while the clueless people stayed behind and got clobbered by the deadly wave. I think a similar thing could be happening in the Gulf. All it takes is one hurricane to turn the entire region into a toxic stew of chemical poison.

#8) Why is BP being allowed to use private security contractors to keep the American people away from the oil cleanup sites?
#9) Why is BP openly attempting to manipulate the search results on sites like Google and Yahoo?

#10) Why has the FAA shut down the airspace above the Gulf of Mexico oil spill? What don't they want the American people to see?

#11) Senator Bill Nelson of Florida says there are reports that there are additional ruptures in the sea floor from which oil is leaking. If there are quite a few of these additional ruptures, then how in the world does BP expect to completely stop this oil leak?

#12) Why are scientists finding concentrations of methane at up to 10,000 times normal background levels in Gulf waters?

#13) At some testing stations in the Gulf of Mexico, levels of benzene have been detected at over 3000 parts per billion, and levels of hydrogen sulfide have been detected as high as 1192 parts per billion. Considering that these levels would be highly toxic to humans, why hasn't the general public been warned?

#14) Why are so many Gulf oil spill disaster workers showing up at local hospitals complaining of a "mysterious illness"?

#15) If "70% or 80%" of the protective booms are doing absolutely nothing at all to stop the oil, then what is going to stop the millions of gallons of oil in the Gulf from eventually reaching shore?

#16) It is being reported that the deep sea oil plumes are creating huge "dead zones" where all creatures are dying as they are deprived of oxygen. If this oil spill continues to grow could the vast majority of the Gulf of Mexico become one gigantic "dead zone"?

#17) Why is our government colluding with BP to cover up the truth about the spill?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Very good questions baba, I meant to reply earlier.
It is going to be the dead sea, because we have brain dead leaders. Lead follow or get outta the way, and they do nothing but block. Now comes hurricane season, what a mess that could have been avoided, this is on Obama, can he be tried for murder of the economy? What is it that attracts flies and rats? Our president and piles of crap, what an :*******:I used the icon for the astericks, it still blocked the icon. Darn.

klein

Für Meno :)
I believe Baba laughed me out, when I mentioned hurricane season. Maybe he thought the spill would be plugged and cleaned up by now ?
Hurricane Alex is developing now, isn't it ?

What a mess. I check youtube daily on any new home videos. Some show oily rain, but I don't trust them. Need more evidence.
Anyone can pour some oil onto street puddles.
The plant damages... they are confirmed. Could well be from toxic rain.

fxdwg

Long Time Member

I agree. In addition, i dont thinks its smart to boycott BP because if they dont make money then they could go bankrupt and we will end up paying for this mess with our tax dollarsAre you not also hurting the independent BP owner when you pull into an Exxon, Shell, Mobil, QT, etc. station before the gulf accident? Whether the reason makes sense or not is worthy of debate, hurting the independent BP owner should not IMO be among the arguements given to condemn the idea. How many folks here declare we should not use Fed Ex and always use UPS when doing so would hurt the independent Fed Ex Ground contract driver? Where's the difference? Oh, because you work at UPS? OK, I understand that choice but don't condemn others for theirs.

For the record, I've bought gas at BP a few times when I had no choice or the price was right but typically I buy elsewhere. If I had any reason to boycott BP, it would be that the State created Anglo-Persian Oil then Anglo-Iranian Oil and finally in the post year after the CIA lead Iranian coup at the beheast of british interests, the Brits changed the name to British Petroleum in order to put a face change in order to hide very dirty hands. I don't boycott BP for this because all the oil majors have dirty hands so there you go.

Now that is completely wrong and a violation of property rights and just basic moral principles.

I watched a program on the Exxon Valdez spill on Green Planet channel last night and found a lot of the old footage from the day very interesting. Watching some of the public townhall meeting Exxon had with locals sounded so familar from a 2

I probably screwed this whole multi-quote thing up; but........

Not Buying BP is my only vehicle, short of doing something weird) to show my anger.
I am also angry at our Administration!

Maybe General McChrystal would be a good guy to get something done down there instead of, uh...at a loss for a name.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"BP originated in 1908 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company—a British corporation whose name was changed to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company two decades later."

Don't like that history. Don't trust any co. with that history. If you would tell me UPS was started in Iran, I would find another shipper quickly!:knockedout:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"BP originated in 1908 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company—a British corporation whose name was changed to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company two decades later."

Don't like that history. Don't trust any co. with that history. If you would tell me UPS was started in Iran, I would find another shipper quickly!:knockedout:

The current situation in Iran is our fault.

Iran was a democracy until 1953, when their Prime Minister Mossadeq decided to nationalize the Iranian oil industry. In response to this, the CIA and its British counterpart MI6 had him overthrown and replaced with the Shah, who was pro-Western and willing to allow BP to maintain its monopoly on Iranian oil reserves. The Shah ruled his country with an iron fist and thousands of Iranians were tortured and executed by his secret police (SAVAK) with the training and support of the CIA.

When the Shah was finally overthrown in 1979 and replaced by the Ayatollah Khomeni, we responded by supporting Saddam Hussein when Iraq invaded Iran in 1980. WE supplied the mustard gas and chemical weapons that Iraq used to kill thousands of Iranians during that war. WE provided the munitions and financial support that allowed the war to drag on for 8 bloody years. Oddly enough, it is a little-known fact that during the war Iran recieved military and logistical support from, of all countries, Israel. (unlike the Arab countries, Iran did not participate in the 1973 oil embargo against the U.S and Israel) Both nations now deny this fact, but it is true.

It is arrogant and hypocritical of us to blame modern-day Iran for the troubles in the Middle East. Instead, we need to look in the mirror.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
and in 2009 when the citizens of Iran had those demonstrations against the ruling elite and they asked the USA for assistance , just how did the messiah respond ?