Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

moreluck

golden ticket member
If it's really stopped spilling like the news is saying right now, then will Obama step forward and claim credit ?? He blames Bush for everything else, so maybe Bush got the oil leak plugged.

klein

Für Meno :)
If it's really stopped spilling like the news is saying right now, then will Obama step forward and claim credit ?? He blames Bush for everything else, so maybe Bush got the oil leak plugged.

No matter what, way too late.... almost day 80 ?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Obama needs any positive news spin he can get...so he will most likely take credit someway or another...unless it fails in the next few days then its Bush's fault.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
you can thank the PR dept at BP & the White House for keeping the focus on the open pipe well, and not letting the general public understand that there are many leaks.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive read enough to know that its too deep, the pressure too high, to hold. At least in my thoughts, my prayers were that it would hold, but NUKE looks like the way to go, or forever be out there siphoning it off, till the end of time.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
BP Oil Spill: Clean-Up Crews Can't Find Crude in the Gulf

The numbers don't lie: two weeks ago, skimmers picked up about 25,000 barrels of oily water. Last Thursday, they gathered just 200 barrels.
Still, it doesn't mean that all the oil that gushed for weeks is gone. Thousands of small oil patches remain below the surface, but experts say an astonishing amount has disappeared, reabsorbed into the environment.
"[It's] mother nature doing her job," said Ed Overton, a professor of environmental studies at Louisiana State University.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
BP Oil Spill: Clean-Up Crews Can't Find Crude in the Gulf

The numbers don't lie: two weeks ago, skimmers picked up about 25,000 barrels of oily water. Last Thursday, they gathered just 200 barrels.
Still, it doesn't mean that all the oil that gushed for weeks is gone. Thousands of small oil patches remain below the surface, but experts say an astonishing amount has disappeared, reabsorbed into the environment.
"[It's] mother nature doing her job," said Ed Overton, a professor of environmental studies at Louisiana State University.
I read that earlier in the week as well, some good news for a change.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
UPSSOCKS and I went down there and took care of business.

Hey......it's not about appearance as much as it is about results. FXDWG....You can use it:funny:

Gee........."I just made that up"........

moreluck

golden ticket member
Heard a report this morning that it looks like environmentally, the gulf area will recover.....but it may never recover financially because of dimwit's moratorium on drilling......more....

CNSNews.com — Billy Nungesser, president of New Orleans’ Plaquemines Parish, sensed that a chart showing 140 oil skimmers at work — a chart given to him by BP and the Coast Guard — was “somewhat inaccurate.” So, Nungesser asked to fly over the spill to verify the number.
The flyover was cancelled three times before those officials admitted that just 31 of the 140 skimmers were actually deployed.
The incident is detailed in a report released Thursday by Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Republicans say the report provides evidence that the Obama administration misrepresented the assets devoted to the cleanup, misrepresented the timing of when government officials knew there was an oil spill and misrepresented the level of control the government had over the matter. It also claims the Obama administration seemed more interested in public relations than cleaning the mess and plugging the hole.
The report, which relies on interviews with several local officials in Louisiana, goes on to quote Nungesser, who had been on local and national television enough so that the White House became concerned. Two White House officials visited him on Father’s Day and said, “What do we have to do to keep you off TV?” His answer was, “Give me what I need.”
Other Parish officials said the administration did not provide as many assets as it claimed. One Parish official called these “phantom assets.”
The report also states that the people in the Gulf do not support President Obama’s six-month moratorium on offshore drilling, and also criticized Obama’s delay in allowing international assistance until 70 days into the spill.