OJS rides

Total package

We can rebuild him
The talk in our center is the upper management is pushing for every driver making scratch and having rides up to 8-9 days to get it. I’ve never heard of more than a 3 day ride. At what point could you win a grievance for harassment/ over supervision?

Total package

We can rebuild him
We have around 55 routes and the time allowance is way off for a big majority. Eventually they’ll give it up but I may get a ride before they do

542thruNthru

The talk in our center is the upper management is pushing for every driver making scratch and having rides up to 8-9 days to get it. I’ve never heard of more than a 3 day ride. At what point could you win a grievance for harassment/ over supervision?

They tried this with us last year. Not the 8-9 day rides but the riding with every driver 3 days. It worked on 1 guy who was already a runner.

It's a waste of time. Just file harassment and tell every other driver to do it also.

Last edited:

Maplewood

Anything over 4 in a year unless maybe you are being taught new routes periodically. In our area just filling a grievance for too many rides prevents any ride-along until a center level meeting can be arranged.

Blackadder 2

I will improve my paid day once I have the DIAD giving me turn by turn instructions to each stop. I get really confused going from 2 Main Street to 4 Main Street.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
You have to stay true to what you do on a daily basis
If your load is a mess every day and then it suddenly is perfect the day of your ride speak up
Do all the things you are suppose to do and do them slowly
There is nothing they can do to you as long as you are safe
Eff their numbers

Total package

We can rebuild him
You have to stay true to what you do on a daily basis
If your load is a mess every day and then it suddenly is perfect the day of your ride speak up
Do all the things you are suppose to do and do them slowly
There is nothing they can do to you as long as you are safe
Eff their numbers
True. Following their methods doesn’t save time, it generally takes longer

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had my "Blended Performance Safety and Visibility" ride Wednesday, that's the new term our local management is using. I just had one day. They are serious about doing away with over 9/5 in my Center, they are cutting some drivers down to eight hours (like me!) that used to file a lot. I usually get 41-42 hours a week now.

Total package

We can rebuild him
Supposedly here it came from above the district manager. So far they haven’t done many production rides yet but our center is borrowing outside supervisors just to get S&Vs done

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is what’s so funny. We are still all about everyone being under 9.5 but suddenly everyone is expected to run scratch.

Like hey I’ve been 1.5 hours over for 5 years nothing is gonna change because you suddenly care about scratch.

WTFm8

I will improve my paid day once I have the DIAD giving me turn by turn instructions to each stop. I get really confused going from 2 Main Street to 4 Main Street.

2 to 3 is what screws me up.

Probably because it’s 2 lanes both ways plus a turn lane... and no crosswalk/pedistrian traffic at the intersection.

Really like when I’m going down with evens on right and it wants me to hit an odd... then later in the day completing loop it wants me to hit even on way back.

Total package

We can rebuild him
If it wasn’t for misloads and ridiculous Orion I wouldn’t be getting any overtime at all. It’s gotten to the point where I’m happy to see a misload that will cost me 15 miles

Heavy Package

They are serious about doing away with over 9/5 in my Center, they are cutting some drivers down to eight hours (like me!) that used to file a lot. I usually get 41-42 hours a week now.

Yup. This is being pushed straight from Atlanta from what I have heard. Part of the operational performance improvement initiative from the exec they hired from WalMart last year. No one out past 7:15pm (9.5) and usually more like 6-6:30. Big push on late air as well but that is a joke sometimes.

I am glad for it but you can see about 25% of the guys sweating like a fat man in a sauna because they are overextended counting on the OT.

Heard many drivers say this is the equivalent of a $20k / yr pay cut. About $2k per month.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Every driver scratch? Are they adding an hour to their unrealistic number allowances?