OJS rides

DOK

The talk in our center is the upper management is pushing for every driver making scratch and having rides up to 8-9 days to get it. I’ve never heard of more than a 3 day ride. At what point could you win a grievance for harassment/ over supervision?
You have to stay true to what you do on a daily basis
If your load is a mess every day and then it suddenly is perfect the day of your ride speak up
Do all the things you are suppose to do and do them slowly
There is nothing they can do to you as long as you are safe
Eff their numbers

We’ve had management come in early, go through the guys air, wrap up the truck, close the back door, all before the guys start time.

Total package

We can rebuild him
Yup. This is being pushed straight from Atlanta from what I have heard. Part of the operational performance improvement initiative from the exec they hired from WalMart last year. No one out past 7:15pm (9.5) and usually more like 6-6:30. Big push on late air as well but that is a joke sometimes.

I am glad for it but you can see about 25% of the guys sweating like a fat man in a sauna because they are overextended counting on the OT.

Heard many drivers say this is the equivalent of a $20k / yr pay cut. About $2k per month.
If you went from 10 hours a week OT to 5 you would lose about 15K right there

Total package

We can rebuild him
I don’t get it. Our center sends home 10-15 drivers a day, almost everyone is coming back before 9.5 (most way before) and they’re still going to add another couple drivers

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Yup , say goodbye to ot, my dispatcher says the new problem is OT whores purposely working slow . It’s a big problem and expect retribution from the golden corporate tower. They gave us the less ot we demanded and now the games begin. Dispatcher told me being UD is not an issue and he has the ok to starve slow drivers, taking pickups off, giving them 6 or even 5 hours of work.

Fnix

Ive been fighting to get 2-3 hours of overtime when available. Management knows I like the hours and has been good in the past with sending me extra work and pick ups without me even asking. The work is not there now because of extra drivers on the road. I dont see how adding an extra one to two drivers per loop is profitable for the company. Ive been told 9.5 hours is the perfect balance for the company.

Total package

We can rebuild him
There’s no incentive to hustle this way. Most drivers have been going at it pretty hard just to get home at a decent time a couple days a week. It’s not going to be productive for the company at all if they go to this extreme with all drivers

Poop Head

Judge me.
There’s no incentive to hustle this way. Most drivers have been going at it pretty hard just to get home at a decent time a couple days a week. It’s not going to be productive for the company at all if they go to this extreme with all drivers
I work at the same pace, and safely, regardless of how many stops I'm going out with. So
I'm experiencing the opposite. Much easier to work when the truck isn't bricked. A bit more spring in your step when you know you're not gonna be out till 930. Plus more time at home with family and actually eat and sleep well.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Too bad the dispatcher wont OJS the preload.

Most of the load issues, might get fixed with 22.4. Imagine being paid to resort your car plus another prior to start time, that would be ideal.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We’ve had management come in early, go through the guys air, wrap up the truck, close the back door, all before the guys start time.

The technical term for that, is "massaging" the load.

I had a company chairman at a panel one time, flip out because I accused the

local management of doing just that. He couldn't believe that I had the audacity

to accuse the company of being dishonest.

Uh, Mr. Chairman;

"If you will look at the next exhibit in my case, there are 3 notarized statements

from the pre-loaders that witnessed it."

Moral of the story....

Be kind, and communicate with your pre-loader.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yup. This is being pushed straight from Atlanta from what I have heard. Part of the operational performance improvement initiative from the exec they hired from WalMart last year. No one out past 7:15pm (9.5) and usually more like 6-6:30. Big push on late air as well but that is a joke sometimes.

I am glad for it but you can see about 25% of the guys sweating like a fat man in a sauna because they are overextended counting on the OT.

Heard many drivers say this is the equivalent of a $20k / yr pay cut. About $2k per month.
Transferred to porters for my $25k/year pay cut. Walking out the door at 3 pm is priceless.

Total package

We can rebuild him
I work at the same pace, and safely, regardless of how many stops I'm going out with. So
I'm experiencing the opposite. Much easier to work when the truck isn't bricked. A bit more spring in your step when you know you're not gonna be out till 930. Plus more time at home with family and actually eat and sleep well.
It is much easier to work with a light load; I’m just saying how much spring do you need in your step if you’re not working much more than 8 hours either way

Poop Head

Judge me.
[="Total package, post: 3937323, member: 68118"]It is much easier to work with a light load; I’m just saying how much spring do you need in your step if you’re not working much more than 8 hours either way
I get excited when i can pick my son up from daycare and see the surprise/happiness on his face when Daddy comes to get him. Yeah, the paycheck for a 50+ hour week is nice, but I'll take the 40 hour check every time if it means more quality time at home. I don't need OT.

vvv

Yup , say goodbye to ot, my dispatcher says the new problem is OT whores purposely working slow . It’s a big problem and expect retribution from the golden corporate tower. They gave us the less ot we demanded and now the games begin. Dispatcher told me being UD is not an issue and he has the ok to starve slow drivers, taking pickups off, giving them 6 or even 5 hours of work.

Sounds terrific to me, but not happening by me just yet.

vvv

Someone finally making sense on here.....doesn't happen too often.

Total agree in that the pace is always the same regardless of the work load. Don't deviate or fluctuate your routine and all is good.

Someone finally making sense on here.....doesn't happen too often.

Total agree in that the pace is always the same regardless of the work load. Don't deviate or fluctuate your routine and all is good.
A set planned daily routine