Ok, it's way too

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I forgot about the shift inhibit thing. Thanks for reminding me. I was on a two lane road, 55 mph zone, and had a delivery for a house that sits on that road. No turn around, your only option is to back into the beginning of their drive way and make the delivery. Well, naturally I'm coming to that delivery location and there are tons of cars behind me. I turn on my hazards in advance, then switch to my turn signal hoping the people behind me will understand the UPS truck in front of them is going to make an awkward maneuver. Set myself up for the reverse into the drive and BOOM shift inhibit! I see in my mirrors the dumb asses behind me still barreling down on me. I freak out then finally get safely into the driveway. Stupid shift inhibit.

When I'm faced with that scenario, I will hit the flashers, and pull off the roadway as much as safely possible.

After the traffic from both directions has cleared, I will proceed with the back.

Whargoul

I hate that shift inhibit crap! Not all our trucks have it but I covered this guys route after a bad snowfall and the res streets were not plowed. Got stuck in the snow on the street and I could not get out because the shift inhibit would not allow me to rock the truck back and forth to gain traction. Spent like 30 mins digging out snow from the back tires and throwing down cat litter to free myself.

Holydriver

I hate that shift inhibit crap! Not all our trucks have it but I covered this guys route after a bad snowfall and the res streets were not plowed. Got stuck in the snow on the street and I could not get out because the shift inhibit would not allow me to rock the truck back and forth to gain traction. Spent like 30 mins digging out snow from the back tires and throwing down cat litter to free myself.
Shift inhibit was what got you there, but even if your truck didn't have the shift inhibit you would have gotten stuck. uPS trucks like to have one tire on dry pavement and one on ice and spin the one on ice. I've been stuck plenty times where my one tire should have been able to get me out but it wouldn't spin

bddaddy

We have a few different new Freightliners. The gas powered 800s are silly fast, but beep impossibly loud if your lights are left on, hazards are on or brake isn't set. I appreciate the brake warning... The rest is maddening. They're also in the shop app the time.

The gas powered Freightliner 1000s are fantastic, though.

I still prefer my old diesel 1000, though... Reliable, quiet and tight turning radius.
If you turn the dashboard dimmer all the way down and off the beeping will go away. I don't know why