Ok this contract is done

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
so are you saying that after driving for umpteen years or fulltime preloading or any other physically demanding top pay scale type job, that if one finally gets the opportunity to bid on a less physically demanding job that they should take a $10 an hour pay cut? the 30 year driver with the blown out shoulder and knee that just got the costumer counter job? him too?
“Equal pay for equal work”......ring a bell?!?!

Guess you prefer the union montra only when it benefits you. Here’s a little secret....our work isn’t equal.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
“Equal pay for equal work”......ring a bell?!?!

in this case no it absolutely does not ring any bells. i am a male. not a female looking for equal pay for doing the same job as a man. do you mean "Fair days work for a fair days pay"? because im definitely paid fairly

The Equal Pay Act of 1963
The Equal Pay Act of 1963 is a United States labor law amending the Fair Labor Standards Act, aimed at abolishing wage disparity based on sex (see Gender pay gap). It was signed into law on June 10, 1963, by John friend. Kennedy as part of his New Frontier Program

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
in this case no it absolutely does not ring any bells. i am a male. not a female looking for equal pay for doing the same job as a man. do you mean "Fair days work for a fair days pay"? because im definitely paid fairly

The Equal Pay Act of 1963
The Equal Pay Act of 1963 is a United States labor law amending the Fair Labor Standards Act, aimed at abolishing wage disparity based on sex (see Gender pay gap). It was signed into law on June 10, 1963, by John friend. Kennedy as part of his New Frontier Program
My point was never centered around you being paid fairly or not, but using your job duties and pay as a basis or compensation then drivers are not fairly paid. If you take my comment as a personal attack then so be it. The truth is what it is. Seeing as we are all in a union which by definition is a collective bargaining unit that collectively bargains for the best interests of all of its job classifications, I’d hope you could see that. If not then like I said before....you’re union only when it’s to your benefit.

542thruNthru

Well- I was referring to the union not work. As far as Dave goes, perhaps you weren't aware of how he rolled. He thought the president/BA was the greatest thing since Nissan Altimas. Lol.

Yet they allowed the center manager to take drivers off their routes and put lower seniority drivers on them when ever they felt like it. Good ol Dave.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I agree the timing of UPS eliminating pension monetary contributions into their Managements' trust and the end of this contract corresponds to the the possible collapse of the the "Central States" fund in 2023. I believe that UPS contributes about 2,000,000,000 annually currently into their managements' pension trusts, that is a lot of money that they could use to bail out the "Central States" or cover their losses if the fund goes into insolvency. The "UPS Retirement Plan" is about 100 percent vested so it will be able to pay for all those who currently have vested time with it. Those management partners who are eligible for any pension benefit will still be able to collect their pensions which is formulated at basically at 50 percent of their base salary for their last five years and free Health and Welfare for them and their spouses till age 65. In other words it will not affect those on the higher food chain, they are set for life.

There is a storm coming with the next contract even if this one passes, the count down started in 2013 and the final ending will be in 2023.

SameRightsForAll

The contract is a sellout. Good for ups. Good for the union. Bad for the hourlies.

We're not "hourlies". We are employees, the backbone of the company, the people who make it happen on the ground in the real world. All these nicknames that have been created by both the union and UPS to dehumanize very smart people is just too much sometimes. Part-timers, hourlies, preloaders which sounds a lot like freeloaders, dock hands, unloaders, small sorters, debaggers. I think to be fair we need to label the full-time drivers as "jerk wads" and actually write this in the next contract.

Mooseknuckle

We're not "hourlies". We are employees, the backbone of the company, the people who make it happen on the ground in the real world. All these nicknames that have been created by both the union and UPS to dehumanize very smart people is just too much sometimes. Part-timers, hourlies, preloaders which sounds a lot like freeloaders, dock hands, unloaders, small sorters, debaggers. I think to be fair we need to label the full-time drivers as "jerk wads" and actually write this in the next contract.
I'm not a jerk. But I do agree with you. This company calls itself a "brand" I've even heard "technology company" which is ridiculous. This company only sells one thing HUMAN LABOR!