myreqoil

I'm a 22.4 and i'm aware we're negotiating on removing this position on the next contract all together. Does anybody have an insight on what would happen to current 22.4s such as myself if my job classification were to be removed on the next contract? Transfer to RPCD? 22.3? Back to part time?

Nah
I'm a 22.4 and i'm aware we're negotiating on removing this position on the next contract all together. Does anybody have an insight on what would happen to current 22.4s such as myself if my job classification were to be removed on the next contract? Transfer to RPCD? 22.3? Back to part time?
You'll be a driver.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
You should just be RPCD with a T-S schedule

upser626

With the center being overstaffed, will lower seniority drivers be "layed off' still? Could they possibly be transferred out to another building?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The goal is to not have you lose a job but have equal pay to rpcd or have you become an rpcd.
22.4s can still exist but the position is assigned t-s or w-s.

worldwide

Quote from Carol on the last investors call regarding 22.4's. Take it for what it's worth.

"To be growing and healthy, we need to be competitive and make sure that our offerings meet the needs of our customers. That a lot has changed since the last time we negotiated our contract. Now recipients want their packages delivered when where and how they want them delivered.

Teamsters fully acknowledge that, but have worried about the pressures placed on our workforce with weekend operations. And they refer to that to the sixth punch, which is when people work six days a week, or 22.4 drivers. We share the same concerns. I don't want people working six days a week unless they want to."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been nice working with ya
Buh-Bye

Nah
Quote from Carol on the last investors call regarding 22.4's. Take it for what it's worth.

"To be growing and healthy, we need to be competitive and make sure that our offerings meet the needs of our customers. That a lot has changed since the last time we negotiated our contract. Now recipients want their packages delivered when where and how they want them delivered.

Teamsters fully acknowledge that, but have worried about the pressures placed on our workforce with weekend operations. And they refer to that to the sixth punch, which is when people work six days a week, or 22.4 drivers. We share the same concerns. I don't want people working six days a week unless they want to."
Hey Carol, I need you to stop sending my packages to the post office to deliver them, thus delaying them an extra day.

Thanks,

--A customer

JL 0513

The irony is that perhaps the single biggest issue being fought for is making 22.4's RPCD's, but a strike would likely mean many of them would be laid off permanently. This because of the damage a strike would do to the business. Imagine being a 22.4 driver with a steady job and the union strikes for your sake, and you end up in the unemployment line instead. Ouch.

Staydryitsraining

T-s will fall into seniority my guess. Bottom ones will be working in the building if not needed t-s to drive. To my knowledge the company can't kill the full time positions once they are created.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
While i feel for them. It’s literally what they signed up for. Better them working Saturdays than us tho
We signed up for a consistent schedule and some tact of protections you'd regularly have such as 8 hour requests. The implementation of this is not only 5 years delayed, it is borderline abusive. There is no 22.4 supervisor to report to, no list of preferred work assignments, no semblance of route vacation coverage bidding. Just "you will do what I tell you to do" T-friend and go drive a random route Saturday lol.