Ok, who here has experience with Leo?

MassWineGuy

My senior manager told me today that we’re due to get the new model in November. Not too busy then. I’m sure we will all have plenty of extra time to learn to use Leo.

CatMan

The Leo device blows away the power pad by a mile...except for doing a pup on an air bill ,which takes longer ....Now if we can just fix ROADS.!

CatMan

What’s the procedure for pupping airbills?
The device is small and typing in the zip, city, state is done as if texting on your smartphone and the font is tiny and tricky to type in..it's taking a little getting used to , but on deliveries it's way faster.

HedleyLamarr

Air bills are definitely more of a pain to type in, but label printing is lightning fast assuming you have the new printers. As soon as you hit the print button, it spits right out.

Star B

White Lightening
I hope whatever developer they use for LEO can figure out how to specify which keyboard android pops up. (aka, numeric only for zip, etc)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My senior manager told me today that we’re due to get the new model in November. Not too busy then. I’m sure we will all have plenty of extra time to learn to use Leo.
Just watch. FedEx will undoubtedly come up with a delay along with a sorry excuse that they'll be arriving the second week of December and the district has mandated that LEO be put to immediate use. I can see it now.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
We have had them since before peak last year. They take a little getting used to but I like them much better than power pad. If you have used an Android phone it will be pretty easy to use. Apple users take a little more but it's not hard. Just make sure to have the display shut off at 30sec or less and brightness not maxed out to help battery usage. We just got cradles in the trucks so now they can charge between stops, the key has to be on to charge.

With older versions of the firmware you could release international packages that don't specifically have isr/dsr/asr, like the hair from China. Now it's back to not being able to release those. Even worse I had one that was actually NSR on the label and didn't have residential release as a choice so I manually released using the shipper name.
You have to call the company and have the turn off the volume up/down otherwise it will drive you insane trying to hear a beep for your pkg scan

rbpux5000

We have had them since before peak last year. They take a little getting used to but I like them much better than power pad. If you have used an Android phone it will be pretty easy to use. Apple users take a little more but it's not hard. Just make sure to have the display shut off at 30sec or less and brightness not maxed out to help battery usage. We just got cradles in the trucks so now they can charge between stops, the key has to be on to charge.

With older versions of the firmware you could release international packages that don't specifically have isr/dsr/asr, like the hair from China. Now it's back to not being able to release those. Even worse I had one that was actually NSR on the label and didn't have residential release as a choice so I manually released using the shipper name.
Can you provide any tips on how to use the leo with pick ups

Serf

We got them about 2 months ago. Battery saver option is great. You can go out with 140 stops and not change batteries. It tells you if it’s a doc or box. VIR is paperless. You will scan barcode in your truck. It prints time cards faster. Like said before, airbills take a little longer. All in all not hard to figure out how to use. And of course pairing and FO chip sucks.

Zerax

Make sure you scan the white URSA label - the yellow customs label will always make you get a signature directly or indirectly.

SmithBarney

The android keyboard is garbage if you actually need to type something. When ours first rolled out you could voice to text the last names but they removed that function with updates. I guess they prefer random key presses over slight misspellings.
voice to txt is still working for us. It's the only saving grace of these things. otherwise functionally they are equivalent. Maps on the delivery screen is nice, I'm visual so I like seeing what I have.

fatboy33

40 Leo devices arrived at my station today. They are installed and ready to go. No one has received any training on them whatsoever. They had to remove power pad cradles to make room for the Leo's, so obviously, many of us will have no choice but to take them since there won't be enough power pads.

Who here uses these things? What do you like or dislike about them? I kinda want to know what we are in for.
Figure it out on the fly. We were never trained how to use the LEO and I doubt anyone was. Those mass training meetings are now over and that saved time is used to pay out dividends. We were giving a handout but really....

Zeraxx

Scan only the white international labels. They don't require a release signature unless required by the shipper. For some reason, the yellow customs release labels require a release signature at a minimum.