OLCC over PST

A co worker today got an OLCC over his PST. The issue was he used 2 different colored inks. The pen he started with gave out, he got another one. Unfortunately with our management we were not surprised.

Where is it written that you can’t use two different inks. I hope that person didn’t sign off on it.
He was like "you got to be kidding me" he did sign off, but was like I'm contacting the Senior manager as well as HR. Our Senior least listens to concerns so I'm sure it will be addressed.

He recently gave an OLCC to another person for getting new ear plugs, instead of reusing the ones he had been.

This is the same manager that hollered at us because the feeder markets having been getting too much volume , more than planes can handle.

Empty Pockets

He was like "you got to be kidding me" he did sign off, but was like I'm contacting the Senior manager as well as HR. Our Senior least listens to concerns so I'm sure it will be addressed.

He recently gave an OLCC to another person for getting new ear plugs, instead of reusing the ones he had been.

This is the same manager that hollered at us because the feeder markets having been getting too much volume , more than planes can handle.
You cannot file a GFT for an OLCC, therefore they love to give them out. This manager sounds like a real jerk.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just lets the other manager they have to hunt down to sign that you wouldn't sign know how petty your manager can be. Nothing wrong with standing your ground, even though an OLCC means nothing.
It's amusing to think of it being a case of standing one's ground. It's documentation of a conversation. When it's part of the disciplinary process, it still counts, signed or not.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's amusing to think of it being a case of standing one's ground. It's documentation of a conversation. When it's part of the disciplinary process, it still counts, signed or not.
Then why bother validating?

Intimidation comes to mind.

Reminds me of the time I requested in writing, a direct order that violated safety standards, from my manager. She refused. Is this not the same concept?

Star B

White Lightening
you do know that you can write comments on workday relating to OLCCs.... If there's a reason or a "really?" I like to put the comments in there for documentation so that IF.... IF in the future it comes up -- I can look at the comments and refresh my memory on what happened, why I did something the way I did, mgmts failures, or other circumstances that may have caused my actions.

It's really worthless "non-discipline discipline" but I'd rather have more information to remind myself IF I'm ever asked about it in the future or it turns into more later.

Then why bother validating?

Intimidation comes to mind.
because it's the first step in discipline, even though it's not categorized as such and is non-GFTable. Anything that can be used for decisions about discipline by management should be GFTable to remove it from history if it's invalid or just friggin stupid.

falcon back

Still satisfying to let a :censored2: manager know that you aren't taking his crap and that he can take his OLCC and shove it. Smart managers know how to deal with problems in an adult way. Maybe one day you will learn how to do that. Probably not though.