OLCC over PST

bacha29

I can't help it if your line haul guy didn't have a good plan and is trying to make up for lost time. If he actually thinks he is gonna live a nice retirement on Social Security, he is badly mistaken. Didn't he enroll in the 401k? Didn't he invest? He is friends with you and you tell us you are the smartest investor on the planet. Why didn't you guide him to a successful retirement. I haven't even touched my company retirement and won't for 3 or 4 more years. 401k is letting me live the dream. You, cactus and tex pissed away your chance at a great retirement and it kills you to see anyone that had a plan and made it pay off when the time came.
Once again this went over your head. COMPLETELY over your head. Social Security is the ONLY investment that is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. Your mighty Fedex retirement is not federally insured beyond what the PBGC can pay which from a monthly benefit perspective if called upon only pays generally about 50-60% of the beneficiary's usual monthly benefit and a lot of people were rudely introduced to that reality Oh sure, you've got your mighty 401K from which you eventually are required to begin drawing from which in turn means it will run completely dry sooner or later. You can go on trying to make the rest of us believe that you're set for life if you think it serves your interests.... but we know better.

falcon back

Once again this went over your head. COMPLETELY over your head. Social Security is the ONLY investment that is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. Your mighty Fedex retirement is not federally insured beyond what the PBGC can pay which from a monthly benefit perspective if called upon only pays generally about 50-60% of the beneficiary's usual monthly benefit and a lot of people were rudely introduced to that reality Oh sure, you've got your mighty 401K from which you eventually are required to begin drawing from which in turn means it will run completely dry sooner or later. You can go on trying to make the rest of us believe that you're set for life if you think it serves your interests.... but we know better.
Another one of your doom and gloom post. So you aren't taking your pension because it isn't federally guaranteed? Your loss. Guess you can't read. I am already taking pulling out of my 401k? LOL Get a 5th grader to explain it to you. My 401k run out? Na. My money manager has that scenario under control.

bacha29

Another one of your doom and gloom post. So you aren't taking your pension because it isn't federally guaranteed? Your loss. Guess you can't read. I am already taking pulling out of my 401k? LOL Get a 5th grader to explain it to you. My 401k run out? Na. My money manager has that scenario under control.
Ever hear of RMD?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Social Security is the ONLY investment that is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States.
Do YOU have full faith that the Social Security benefits you have been informed you are entitled to are safe and untouchable?

If not, that full faith and credit is worthless.

bacha29

Do YOU have full faith that the Social Security benefits you have been informed you are entitled to are safe and untouchable?

If not, that full faith and credit is worthless.
Social Security 2100 is slowly making it's way around the halls of congress. No aspiring politician would allow Social Security and Medicare to default if they don't want their political careers to default as well.
Remember, Social Security truly is the third rail of American politics.

bacha29

It's sad that you'd have to counsel grownups that they have to be at work on time, or that you have to follow directions, or that you can't intentionally have lates because you're pouting, or that you have to show up at work.

I'm out of ops now and dealing with white collar guys. We don't have any of that stuff.
I heard that they needed a new coffee boy.