Old-ish Guy Looking for Encouragement

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
The average age at my hub is about 50. The drivers are even older and there's 200 of them. If you survive Preload; you'll survive driving, 36 is nothing.

I'm pretty sure most of us are alcoholics and half of us smoke as well. I'm certainly an alcoholic, start drinking right after work, drunk by noon.

I'd rather smoke weed. Thc is not harmful to your body at all. While alcohol takes a toll on your joints as well as the rest of your health

extranatty

I'd rather smoke weed. Thc is not harmful to your body at all. While alcohol takes a toll on your joints as well as the rest of your health

Unfortunately, I have 2 years of studying Medicine that I never took advantage of. Weed is bad for you but it may be good if it counteracts your stress. If you get high every day, your kids born afterwards may be retarded among other problems.

I get high for sex about every 2 weeks but I know it's not good for you. All potheads seem to talk about is weed; it's not the answer to everything. Please stop telling people it's not harmful. That :censored2: builds up in your fat cells and takes many years to get out of your system. Also, it's not just THC.

Also, I'm not saying I smoke tobacco. Modern cigarettes kill you and your bank account. They invented a safe cigarette years ago but it was shut down before making it to the market. If you're a smoker and weed will help you stop smoking cigarettes, then please smoke weed every day. It's far better than heart failure. People think lung disease is the main side effect of cigarettes but no, it destroys your circulatory system, especially if you combine stimulants.

Last edited:

extranatty

Also, when I say weed is bad for you, I'm not saying alcohol is better. You're likely better off smoking pot everyday than drinking alcohol. Most things are better than smoking cigarettes but avoid MDMA and heroin like the plague. If you need a drug, go with weed, but please cut out the others

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Unfortunately, I have 2 years of studying Medicine that I never took advantage of. Weed is bad for you but it may be good if it counteracts your stress. If you get high every day, your kids born afterwards may be retarded among other problems.

I get high for sex about every 2 weeks but I know it's not good for you. All potheads seem to talk about is weed; it's not the answer to everything. Please stop telling people it's not harmful. That :censored2: builds up in your fat cells and takes many years to get out of your system. Also, it's not just THC.

Also, I'm not saying I smoke tobacco. Modern cigarettes kill you and your bank account. They invented a safe cigarette years ago but it was shut down before making it to the market. If you're a smoker and weed will help you stop smoking cigarettes, then please smoke weed every day. It's far better than heart failure. People think lung disease is the main side effect of cigarettes but no, it destroys your circulatory system, especially if you combine stimulants.

Do you wear your little Hitler's uniform while getting high for sex

Box Ox

Do you wear your little Hitler's uniform while getting high for sex

Down, @Indecisi0n !

lederhosen_kostuem_mit_bratwurst-bayer_kostuem-trachten_verkleidung-jungesellenabschied-23863-2.jpg

Unfortunately you can't smoke weed and drive a commercial vehicle

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I've been at it for 41 years (39 in pkg car). Still going strong. Had to lose my ego and do what they told me to do (proper lifting and lowering, three points of contact etc.) That has helped along with a lot of blessing from above!

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

I lol'd pretty hard. Weed is NOT bad for you. I won't bother posting article after article here proving it. Smoking anything is harmful but there's ways to circumvent that through vaporization and ingestion.

Jesus that wall of text is a waste of time

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Also, when I say weed is bad for you, I'm not saying alcohol is better. You're likely better off smoking pot everyday than drinking alcohol. Most things are better than smoking cigarettes but avoid MDMA and heroin like the plague. If you need a drug, go with weed, but please cut out the others
How about LSD?
How about Psilocybin mushrooms?

How about LSD?
How about Psilocybin mushrooms?

LSD is great for reconnecting and healing neurotransmitters in the brain. Also for blood pressure and circulatory issues. One of its precursors is available as a medicine for migraines.

Magic mushrooms containing psilocin, psilocybin, and baeocystin have been shown to help "open" parts of the brain that are damaged from trauma. They work completely differently than LSD in repairing your neural networks. Can be used to treat migraines, joint pain, a slew of mental health issues (ptsd, ocd, bipolar), and are very rich in protein and vitamin D.

Not the best article but cites the same 2014 study.

Magic Mushrooms Can Actually Rewire and Change Your Brain

Magic mushrooms, LSD and MDMA are being used in clinical trials for both end-of-life anxiety for terminally ill patients and for veterans suffering from PTSD.

So, yes, in a way they're good for you. However, if you have latent mental health issues and have a bad experience, psychedelics can negatively affect your day to day routines, habits and mental well-being.

LongIslandNewbie

How do you like driving? Are you happy you pursued the position?
Yeah i mean its a job. It has its ups and downs but ultimately I like being on the road alone all day. I am sure as I gain more seniority the things I cant stand will get slightly better. Its hard work. Be ready to sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter. I have dropped 40 lbs since I started due to my new activity level. According to my apple watch I average 22,000 steps a day. Not bad for an old man!

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I'm 36 years old, currently a part-timer with aspirations of driving package cars and eventually feeders. I expect to get an opportunity to drive sometime in 2018.

Only a handful of my coworkers are working towards becoming drivers, but of course they're all in their early 20's. Sometimes I have doubts about my plans and whether or not my body will be able to hack it over the long haul.

I'm hoping to hear experiences from guys that started later like me. Or perhaps you work with a dude who's still kicking ass well into his 50's?

Can anyone offer some encouragement?
Encouragement at UPS? None available