Leave Ground for Express?

vantexan

NO. You said midrange was making $10 an hour below topped out. NOW you say different. For 1 thing how is anyone midrange after ONE year. Dude, gets your facts right. Quit making stuff up.
After a year they're no longer a new hire. Doesn't have to be exactly in the middle of the range to be midrange. And I wasn't being exact when I said $8-$10hr although there were employees close to $10hr less than top out. But you're deflecting. You won't admit we didn't get the same deal as you. That you did much better than midrange employees for many years. Why won't you admit that?

Oldfart

After a year they're no longer a new hire. Doesn't have to be exactly in the middle of the range to be midrange. And I wasn't being exact when I said $8-$10hr although there were employees close to $10hr less than top out. But you're deflecting. You won't admit we didn't get the same deal as you. That you did much better than midrange employees for many years. Why won't you admit that?
People were at midrange after 1 year? Then were they topped out after 2?

You still insist that employees at midrange were $10 an hr behind topped out? WOW

I believe midrange means HALFWAY between newhire and topped out. What does midrange mean to you?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yep. My friends don't like liars or whiners. They probably wouldn't like many on here.
Friends....

orig.gif

Oldfart

I told you I would look at the historical pay schedules when I got back to work. You do also understand that everyone is not a courier, and other work groups have defined pay raises determined by the calendar, not just a step without a defined time to progress?

Get back to work today to check your facts?

vantexan

People were at midrange after 1 year? Then were they topped out after 2?

You still insist that employees at midrange were $10 an hr behind topped out? WOW

I believe midrange means HALFWAY between newhire and topped out. What does midrange mean to you?
Midrange to me, and I've heard this in a lot of stations, is everyone who isn't topped out or a new hire. But you're trying to avoid my question. I was at $18.17 at almost 15 years when I quit at 51. Knew 10-12 year employees making between $16-$17hr. Raises were at a crawl. This went on for many years. Still want to say we were paid well and it's just about poor money management? It worked out for you so you're being loyal. And please don't say we should've went elsewhere if we weren't happy. The economy tanked in 2008 and the job market stunk for a long time after that.

Oldfart

Midrange to me, and I've heard this in a lot of stations, is everyone who isn't topped out or a new hire. But you're trying to avoid my question. I was at $18.17 at almost 15 years when I quit at 51. Knew 10-12 year employees making between $16-$17hr. Raises were at a crawl. This went on for many years. Still want to say we were paid well and it's just about poor money management? It worked out for you so you're being loyal. And please don't say we should've went elsewhere if we weren't happy. The economy tanked in 2008 and the job market stuck for a long time after that.
Midrange is anyone who isn't topped out? LOL

That is funny. I don't care who you are. That statement explains a lot.

- Midrange, a basic statistical analysis tool, determines the number that is halfway between the highest and lowest number of your data set.

vantexan

Midrange is anyone who isn't topped out? LOL

That is funny. I don't care who you are. That statement explains a lot.

- Midrange, a basic statistical analysis tool, determines the number that is halfway between the highest and lowest number of your data set.
Again, you're deflecting. Point is you got rewarded by FedEx, we didn't. Admit it if you have a shred of decency.

Oldfart

I told you I would check when I got back to work. What don't you understand about that? I'm still waiting for you to define, "We."
Where does "WE" enter into the conversation about how long it has been since employees haven't gotten an annual raise.

Oldfart

Thank you for the clarification, the word employees is the clarification that was needed.
Still haven't come up with any facts to prove me wrong about the last year the company didn't give annual raises?
You sure were quick to say I was wrong but you sure haven't come up with any facts. Must be on vacation or avoiding the subject.

Oldfart

Again, you're deflecting. Point is you got rewarded by FedEx, we didn't. Admit it if you have a shred of decency.
You keep avoiding the fact that you didn't tell the truth when you said MIDRANGE people made $10 an hour less than topped out. You THINK people get to MIDRANGE after 1 year. Despite the fact I twice defined the exact meaning of MIDRANGE, you still don't understand what it means. That is funny and sad at the same time.

vantexan

You keep avoiding the fact that you didn't tell the truth when you said MIDRANGE people made $10 an hour less than topped out. You THINK people get to MIDRANGE after 1 year. Despite the fact I twice defined the exact meaning of MIDRANGE, you still don't understand what it means. That is funny and sad at the same time.
And you keep deflecting rather than admit that midrange employees got screwed. If an employee, midrange or whatever you want to call him, makes $16hr and gets a 2% raise he gets 32¢. But a topped out employee making $24hr for examples sake gets 3% he gets 72¢. So the topped out guy, who is already doing much better pulls even further away. And this is what you're not getting. A 10 year employee isn't even at the midpoint of range after years of crap raises. Do you not call him a midrange employee because the company certainly referred to him as such. Deflect all you want, you're a disingenuous liar.

Oldfart

And you keep deflecting rather than admit that midrange employees got screwed. If an employee, midrange or whatever you want to call him, makes $16hr and gets a 2% raise he gets 32¢. But a topped out employee making $24hr for examples sake gets 3% he gets 72¢. So the topped out guy, who is already doing much better pulls even further away. And this is what you're not getting. A 10 year employee isn't even at the midpoint of range after years of crap raises. Do you not call him a midrange employee because the company certainly referred to him as such. Deflect all you want, you're a disingenuous liar.
Hello 2018, please inform tex the pay scales have been adjusted. He is and always will live in the past. Sadly enough, he doesn't even work there anymore.

In my area, I never made $24 while midrange made $16. That would mean they started at $8 an hour. You still are confused what midrange means. Top pay in my area is $27 and change while newhires are close to $18. Midrange would be about $23 an hour. Still not a $10 difference as you complained about. PLEASE gets your facts correct before you complain.

Oldfart

While you're waiting for him to prove you wrong, why not prove yourself right?
I stated it has been 8 to 10 years since there has NOT been an annual raise. That is correct. Might be 7 1/2 years, might be 8 1/4 years. Either way, it has been a LONG time. He said that was incorrect yet he wasn't sure what part of my post is incorrect.

Last edited:

vantexan

Hello 2018, please inform tex the pay scales have been adjusted. He is and always will live in the past. Sadly enough, he doesn't even work there anymore.

In my area, I never made $24 while midrange made $16. That would mean they started at $8 an hour. You still are confused what midrange means. Top pay in my area is $27 and change while newhires are close to $18. Midrange would be about $23 an hour. Still not a $10 difference as you complained about. PLEASE gets your facts correct before you complain.
You're talking about what is happening now. But you've been in total denial about what FedEx did to midrange employees for many years. I was rehired at $10.85hr in late '98. 11 or 12 years down the road starting pay on the lowest payscale, my payscale, was in the $14hr range. If not in the $13hr range. We were getting 2% raises. The current payplan is decent, wish we had it then. I'd still be working as I would have been topped out for years.