Leave Ground for Express?

floridays

Just posting what I was told. I said that from the beginning. Didn't have first hand knowledge because I wasn't there. I DO have first hand knowledge when it comes to my pay.

I will ask again. You previously said I was WRONG about my pay facts. NOW you say you need time to research my facts. If you say I am wrong, you MUST have an idea about what. You should have some answer before you return to work.
I didn't ask for pontification on off the wall BS, I only ask for you to define "We." You still haven't.

Oldfart

Pretty much everything was inaccurate. You like to twist things, minimize things we say that are true, anything to take attention away from what the company has done or is doing. Man you love the company, no matter what. I bet your last words will be "When it absolutely, positively has to get there overnight."
What about my raise post was inaccurate? Can't get floridays to back up his claim. You give it a shot.

Oldfart

Could care less about your raise post. You made assertions about me in the 90's. Prove it, or are you just a baldfaced liar?
Earth to tex. Earth to tex. Look up the definition of sarcasm. I know you won't deny telling your horror stories that happened 15 to 20 years ago.

floridays

Earth to tex. Earth to tex. Look up the definition of sarcasm. I know you won't deny telling your horror stories that happened 15 to 20 years ago.
Hey fart, you really don't have to be a jackass, be like the rest of humankind and choose when you want to be a prick, you know for shts and giggles.

floridays

Watching the Yankees and having fun with you and tex. Not a bad Sunday night,
Agreed, I'm an actual Yankee fan for well over 50 yrs and am listening to it on the radio. Excellent Sunday night. Back to the yard for me, hope your week is a good one Fart.

vantexan

But you always say my stories are all from that long ago. You won't concede that even in 2015 midrange employees made nowhere near what you made and were struggling. Just once I'd like to hear you admit that.

Oldfart

But you always say my stories are all from that long ago. You won't concede that even in 2015 midrange employees made nowhere near what you made and were struggling. Just once I'd like to hear you admit that.
No idea what anyone but topped out people made back then. Have said a number of times I don't ask anyone what they make. It's none of my business. Now that there is a chart with salaries, I have the ability to see the different steps but other than starting pay, I don't pay attention and I don't know how many years other employees have except when they chart out our vacation schedule. All I know is younger employees drive nicer cars and live in nicer houses than I do. They must not be struggling too bad.

Once again. YOU struggled your entire career at Fedex and during retirement because YOU do not know how to manage money. Most of your struggles are self induced.

floridays

No idea what anyone but topped out people made back then. Have said a number of times I don't ask anyone what they make. It's none of my business. Now that there is a chart with salaries, I have the ability to see the different steps but other than starting pay, I don't pay attention and I don't know how many years other employees have except when they chart out our vacation schedule. All I know is younger employees drive nicer cars and live in nicer houses than I do. They must not be struggling too bad.

Once again. YOU struggled your entire career at Fedex and during retirement because YOU do not know how to manage money. Most of your struggles are self induced.
Right on time, the ballgame just ended.... back to being a

vantexan

Once again, you make personal attacks on things you know nothing about. If I made $6-$7hr less than you, who had it easier? If other midrange employees with less seniority than me were getting $8-$10hr less than you, with 2% raises, who had it easier? We had to pay the same for insurance as a topped out employee, but with less money. We also got smaller contributions into our portable pensions and 401k's because of less money. Our sick day bonuses were smaller. Can you concede, just once, that you were fortunate to get in when you did?

Serf

The lesser of two evils is working splits at Express for 20$ an hour ish. And at least having a semblance of what could be considered retirement money set aside. And catastrophic care "health benefits." I truly feel bad for the Ground Guys.

Oldfart

Once again, you make personal attacks on things you know nothing about. If I made $6-$7hr less than you, who had it easier? If other midrange employees with less seniority than me were getting $8-$10hr less than you, with 2% raises, who had it easier? We had to pay the same for insurance as a topped out employee, but with less money. We also got smaller contributions into our portable pensions and 401k's because of less money. Our sick day bonuses were smaller. Can you concede, just once, that you were fortunate to get in when you did?
No mid range courier ever made $10 an hr less than topped out in my market. I dont know what everyone made but you are badly mistaken. Try again

vantexan

No mid range courier ever made $10 an hr less than topped out in my market. I dont know what everyone made but you are badly mistaken. Try again
Don't know about your market level but there were couriers starting in the $14hr range while topped out couriers were making over $24hr. Once that starting courier got a year in he was midrange and getting 2% raises while topped out was getting 3%. But we're getting in the weeds here. The fact is a lot of couriers were made to work a very long time with little to show for it. The company lost a lot of good senior couriers because they just couldn't deal with it anymore. But you refuse to recognize that.

dezguy

This is where I stopped reading this thread. You really must love oldfart. Everytime he posts something, you have a rebuttal. Don't you have anything better to do?
No worse than OF having a rebuttal to anything van or opneeds post. What's good for the goose....

Oldfart

Don't know about your market level but there were couriers starting in the $14hr range while topped out couriers were making over $24hr. Once that starting courier got a year in he was midrange and getting 2% raises while topped out was getting 3%. But we're getting in the weeds here. The fact is a lot of couriers were made to work a very long time with little to show for it. The company lost a lot of good senior couriers because they just couldn't deal with it anymore. But you refuse to recognize that.
NO. You said midrange was making $10 an hour below topped out. NOW you say different. For 1 thing how is anyone midrange after ONE year. Dude, gets your facts right. Quit making stuff up.