Old Style Vest

L

lifer

Hey y'all,

I have lost my vest and am looking for a replacement. I have one of the new ones ---but I dont like the fuller fit and added insulation and pockets with no flaps.

I am looking for the old style vest that we had immediately before the ones now. I need size XXL Men.

I will happily trade or pay or whatever.

thanks

lifer
Metro Dallas since '95

D

dannyboy

I thought it was just me that liked the old flack jackets. The new ones are not nearly as nice or as comfortable. ANd the collerless coats really dont work well on cold days either.

Ill check the closet and with some of the other drivers and see there big guy!

d

D

dannyboy

Lifer, I havent forgotten you. I have no XXL but we have a driver that is off on disability that is about that size. Doubt he will be back.

Your not superstitious are you?

d

L

lifer

if you are asking if I am afraid to wear the vest of an injured man--no that doesnt bother me.

let me know what you find out Please sir---I appreciate your efforts and I hope that fella gets better.

D

dannyboy

Actually I would think they are lucky vests as he has flipped three 500's and lived to tell about it. The first one was the worst, as he was pinned in it for several hours, and had to be air lifted out. But that was ten years ago.

The others he just walked away from. So like I said, lucky vests!

d

A

abuckover

Flipped 3 P500s?!?! I was told that a rollover was an instant dismissal. This guy doesn't drive a Ford Explorer in his off time I hope?

W

wigman

I believe that a "run-away" would get you discharged. Not a rollover nesicarrily. Please pardon any misspellings as I am bad at it.

D

dannyboy

Weve had a 600 and a new P1000 that were rollaways, and both just got a 1 day susp. It used to be an automatic discharge though. YEah his guardian angels sure have put in some overtime on his part. And as big as he is, in such a small package car.......well, you know!

d

R

rushfan

During peak they dug up an old p500. The thing would backfire constantly. Mechanics told me they tried everything to fix it. I had so much fun with the problem. Rev the engine high rpm's, than.....BANG! Should have seen the kids, animals, people jump.

T

traveler

rushfan... you do have a sadistic streak!

<font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+1"><font color="119911"> I LIKE THAT!!!!! </font></font></font>

R

rushfan

The package car was what I called a Knucklebuster. There was about a 2 inch clearance between windshield and steering wheel. The shifter was raised on some sort of 2 inch by 2 inch riser. The bulkhead door had a raised track it ran on, so if I wasn't keeping my eyes ahead of my work, I tripped. The worst vehicle. I forgot about all the bad points when that thing backfired.

R

rushfan

Our center got one. I asked automotive if we bought it from fedex

L

lifer

the route that I am covering this week has a p47

we have 19 routes in my center --- 6 are p47's

good vehicles, just a little combursome to move around in.