On and off car routine

ibleedbrown

that on off routine seems intimidating but once you get the hang of it you will do it like a pro!!! good luck and don't let them stress you out too much! keep practicing everything back at the hotel, show improvement and you will be fine!

vvv

This is untrue.

What I dislike are those employees who hide behind the contract.
I don't hide behind it and get union backup for my issues. I'm all about self pride/respect......heart and balls.
Too many drivers are p*ssies and don't stand up for themselves.
If you had many more drivers working as I do the company would be forced to put many more routes in.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I feel shortchanged. At the non-Integrad generic UPS driving school I went to all we did was take the 5 and 10 test several hundred times then were told we could leave by lunch.
When asked if we would be able to go on-road we were told "we don't have enough PCs and the safety bus is in another center."

I feel I was not exposed to the optimal UPS experience. I'll be filing my grievance.

over9five

Staff member
I feel shortchanged. At the non-Integrad generic UPS driving school I went to all we did was take the 5 and 10 test several hundred times then were told we could leave by lunch.
When asked if we would be able to go on-road we were told "we don't have enough PCs and the safety bus is in another center."

I feel I was not exposed to the optimal UPS experience. I'll be filing my grievance.
They set you up to fail. How can you possibly drive and deliver packages without the Intergrad experience......

ups1990

They set you up to fail. How can you possibly drive and deliver packages without the Intergrad experience......
I remember 20 years ago when I went to FT driver school it was two weeks long. We drove the bus many times around the city, took turns reading out loud from the textbook but we didn't empathize diad training.

In my opinion, I would have all new drivers go deeply into the diad and drive, drive and drive package cars. All of them. Box trucks, 1000 and 1200's.
During the last couple of training days, I would have each new driver ride with a senior driver for these remaining days. Valuable first hand knowledge of what this job will entail on a daily basis.

ibleedbrown

I remember 20 years ago when I went to FT driver school it was two weeks long. We drove the bus many times around the city, took turns reading out loud from the textbook but we didn't empathize diad training.

In my opinion, I would have all new drivers go deeply into the diad and drive, drive and drive package cars. All of them. Box trucks, 1000 and 1200's.
During the last couple of training days, I would have each new driver ride with a senior driver for these remaining days. Valuable first hand knowledge of what this job will entail on a daily basis.

1 week training, 1 week driver helper, 1 week clown school.