On this Day

texan

On this day, 26 Feb Stockton gets 11,000th NBA assist.

On this day in 1996, the Utah Jazz’s point guard John Stockton gets his 11,000th assist in the NBA. When Stockton
retires from basketball in 2003, he leaves with 15,806 career assists, a record that still stands.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I spent years seeing the Stockton to Malone train come roaring into the station (championship) only to stop short and never quite make it. So exciting, yet so disappointing.
John was a true expert at assists.....(Gonzaga)
Jazz fans are some of the most loyal in the country!

texan

On this day, 27 Feb 1980, "I Will Survive" wins the first—and last—Grammy ever awarded for Best Disco Recording.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, a cheap cd of disco music makes a great "beat" to fast walk to on your treadmill.

Stayin' Alive
YMCA
Last Dance
Get Down Tonight

texan

On this day, 29 Feb (leap year) 1972, Hank Aaron record-breaking deal.

On February 29, 1972, Hank Aaron signs a three-year deal with the Atlanta Braves that pays him $200,000 per year, making
him the highest-paid player in Major League Baseball at the time. Two years later, Aaron became baseball’s
home run king when he broke Babe Ruth’s long-standing record.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I tried a new product....Philadelphia Cream Cheese Indulgence (in milk chocolate). I guess it comes in dark chocolate and white choc. too.
It makes a plain toasted bagel taste like a choc. covered donut! Yum!
Philadelphia Indulgence Cream

texan

I tried a new product....Philadelphia Cream Cheese Indulgence (in milk chocolate). I guess it comes in dark chocolate and white choc. too.
It makes a plain toasted bagel taste like a choc. covered donut! Yum!
Philadelphia Indulgence Cream
Interesting. My wife would probably like it.
I will have to hunt for it for her. Great post.

texan

On this day, 1 March 1954, Ron Howard - Producer, actor ("The Andy Griffith Show", "Happy Days") was born.

texan

On this day, 2 Feb 1966, Ford celebrates 1 millionth Mustang.

On this day in 1966, in Dearborn, Michigan, the Ford Motor Company celebrates the production of its 1 millionth Mustang, a
white convertible. The sporty, affordable vehicle was officially launched two years earlier, on April 17, 1964, at the World's Fair
in Flushing Meadows, New York. That same day, the new car debuted in Ford showrooms across America; almost
immediately, buyers snapped up nearly 22,000 of them. More than 400,000 Mustangs were sold within that first
year, exceeding sales expectations.

The Mustang was conceived as a "working man's Thunderbird," according to Ford.