On this Day

texan

On this day 20 Jan 1953, - "Studio One" became the first television show to be transmitted
from the United States to Canada.

P

pickup

On this day 20 Jan 1953, - "Studio One" became the first television show to be transmitted
from the United States to Canada.

On this day, Jan 20, 2012, we in the U.S. are still fearfully awaiting the moment when a tv show is transmitted into here from Canada.

texan

On this day 21 Jan 1979 - The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Dallas Cowboys 35-31 in Super
Bowl XIII. The Steelers became the first team to win three Super Bowls.

texan

On this day 21 Jan 1994 - A jury in Manassas, VA, acquitted Lorena Bobbitt by reason of temporary insanity of maliciously
wounding (severing his penis) her husband John. She accused him of sexually assaulting her.

texan

On this day 22 Jan 1973, Joe Frazier lost the first fight of his professional career to George Foreman.
He had been the undefeated heavyweight world champion since February 16, 1970
when he knocked out Jimmy Ellis. The event was HBO's first televised boxing match.

moreluck

golden ticket member
On this day 22 Jan 1968, - "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In", debuted on NBC TV.
We know the main people, but did you know John Wayne is listed as part of the cast....he was in 14 episodes.......about the same as Goldie.

Flip Wilson
Tiny Tim

texan

Don't stop now, you're right on Morelucks tail!!!
yeah right.... I do not have her wit or ability on this site.
I would just like to turtle along with a few post per day.
I love reading some of the back and forths that go on here. I can not hang with the big dog, believe me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
yeah right.... I do not have her wit or ability on this site.
I would just like to turtle along with a few post per day.
I love reading some of the back and forths that go on here. I can not hang with the big dog, believe me.
Totally funny....I'm wearing my "Big Dog" sweatshirt that I got from the Big Dog store in Laguna Beach.

texan

On this day 23 Jan 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell is granted a medical degree from Geneva College
New York, becoming the 1st female doctor in US history.

texan

On this day 24 Jan 1935, First canned beer goes on sale.
The Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company delivered 2,000 cans of Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale
to faithful Krueger drinkers in Richmond VA.

klein

Für Meno :)
On this day 24 Jan 1935, First canned beer goes on sale.
The Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company delivered 2,000 cans of Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale
to faithful Krueger drinkers in Richmond VA.

Yup, just received confirmation via facebook :

Today celebrates the first time beer was sold in cans. Beer Can Appreciation Day - a day we can all appreciate. Cheers!

P

pickup

Yup, just received confirmation via facebook :

Molson Canadian

Today celebrates the first time beer was sold in cans. Beer Can Appreciation Day - a day we can all appreciate. Cheers!

You could pour beer into the Holy Grail, it would still be poison.

Oh how we worship the things that destroy us.