"on Time Network"????

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We had a grievance on that as soon as they brought it up. BA told everyone not to sign it.
Sounds no different than when there's an icy or snowy day, and the on-roads or center manager want you to sign a document saying "it's icy and I will adjust to changing conditions..." and so on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Day 2 of the on time network initiative here.

Let preload go and have the drivers spend 20 minutes loading. Totally negating the early start time. Ups logic

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
0B1C7C18-7EB2-48C1-ABA0-296AE86A25EA.gif
Not that anyone has to sign it anyway, but that's more to prove the manager actually spoke to the driver than to hold the driver accountable to anything.

Fragile

I feel that this whole "on time" thing is just a really bad attempt at convincing the union and the members that they're proposal of "flexible" start times throughout the week will benefit us because they can start us earlier when they actually wrap up a handful of times a year. In reality it's a ploy for them to push back your start time so they can start you later because they know they can never wrap.

FYI left at 10:00 am today.

Last week I left around 10 everyday except on Monday.

CoolStoryBro

No word of an "on time network" here.
Is this only in certain regions in the country?

Maybe we got it and they haven't told us? Amazingly, for the first time in months, the preload was wrapped before drivers started today. Except I had a huge pile outside of the truck waiting for me to load. But the preload was gone before I got there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Maybe we got it and they haven't told us? Amazingly, for the first time in months, the preload was wrapped before drivers started today. Except I had a huge pile outside of the truck waiting for me to load. But the preload was gone before I got there.

Have they moved your start times up?

Or the air pull earlier?

ibleedbrown

two tier pay wage and m-s drivers. get the old timers to sign off on it because their pay won't be affected and they are now getting off by 7 every night. new drivers will love it because they will never know the hell of punching out at 9pm+ every night.

company proposal would be something like..drivers hired under new contract will have a lower top rate, not be eligible for 6th punch time and a half and average 6 days a week/10 hour days = 12 hours ot per week. ups pays 12 hours of overtime per week as opposed to 20 so its a win win for them. millennials won't care because they don't want to work 12 hour days.

Last edited:

john chesney

Maybe they think you’re all yes votes on the contract

john chesney

two tier pay wage and m-s drivers. get the old timers to sign off on it because their pay won't be affected and they are now getting off by 7 every night. new drivers will love it because they will never know the hell of punching out at 9pm+ every night.

company proposal would be something like..drivers hired under new contract will have a lower top rate, not be eligible for 6th punch time and a half and average 6 days a week/10 hour days = 12 hours ot per week. ups pays 12 hours of overtime per week as opposed to 20 so its a win win for them. millennials won't care because they don't want to work 12 hour days.
If the contract passes all that goes out the window. This is a show to get the contract passed and then look out.

john chesney

Can you imagine what your route will look like when part timers are delivering on weekends.They will break out so many routes come Monday they drivers working will have 3 different routes jammed into one

old levi's

blank space
So we were told today that starting in two weeks we will be going live... are any of you on this already???? we were told also that we will be seeing new drivers, 815 start times and lower dispatches...

Perhaps during the first week of this great initiative, they will employ the technique they tried on us one time.
About 2 hours after we left the building, we would receive a diad message with our RTB time for that route on that day.

The usual response was: "Do you want me to record the missed stops on area, or when I return?"