"on Time Network"????

oldngray

nowhere special
Agree ...happens every contract ...smoking mirrors
Remember when it was about empowerment and the drivers were supposed to self dispatch?

Didn't take long for that to go away. No real power either. center manager still had control and could veto anything he didn't like.

It was really about making empty promises and weakening the union before a contract.

opie

Wouldn't business be lost? We have some past 7/8pm pickups. Doubt they communicated to pickup accounts or even UPS stores that they will be picking up earlier.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Perhaps during the first week of this great initiative, they will employ the technique they tried on us one time.
About 2 hours after we left the building, we would receive a diad message with our RTB time for that route on that day.

The usual response was: "Do you want me to record the missed stops on area, or when I return?"
Apparently This is also happening places. What should happen when they do crap like that is every driver file a harassment grievance and it would end real quick.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wouldn't business be lost? We have some past 7/8pm pickups. Doubt they communicated to pickup accounts or even UPS stores that they will be picking up earlier.
A year ago you had til 6:30 to get your air to the ups store here. Now it's 5:45

over9five

Staff member
So I'm at a late night pickup last night, and the customer tells me the air driver picked them up at 6PM saying this is your new pick up time. It was 6:40. No notice, they had stuff going that was not ready that early.
I thought of this thread, is this what "On Time Network" is?

Cuz they're pissed.....

Edit: ^^^^ very upset.

Last edited:

opie

A year ago you had til 6:30 to get your air to the ups store here. Now it's 5:45
So far they haven't changed anything here. Maybe they will just push to get the air trailer and shuttles earlier. Even supervisor at the airport said departure times were not changing. Though seems like they are just pushing this with no notice, so many will be caught offguard.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
My entire hub has been starting at 8:25 for two weeks. Besides a day or two, out on road by 8:45. I understand it may be a tactic for this coming contract, but in my center everyone looks happier and is getting off earlier. Still voting yes for strike authorization and have a job lined up for a strike just in case.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OTN had drivers leaving at 8:55-9:15 today, which wasn't terrible. Some probably more like 9:25 but nothing obscene.

Last edited:

specter208

They’d definitely care about working 6 days a week. Anybody would. 1 day off to rest the body/mind and be a regular human isn’t sustainable.
Why would I want to make less for a job that is currently paying way more than what you propose.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Drivers should be leaving at 815-830.... not 9, 930, 945... total joke
I agree...it's been so bad at our hub beginning with last peak and continuing into April, that it couldn't get much worse. Today was pretty crappy but an improvement over the 9:30-even 10 am nonsense that had been going on.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Had a little too much fun throwing boxes into a pile for each car today. Typical UPS to not factor in how most of the boxes I touched were irregs.