"On Topic" Change... Real Change with Integrity

km3

Not true.

Depends on the position. Try loading a feeder at 350+ PPH while following all of the loading/safety methods perfectly, on old, broken down TOFC rollers.

If you ever get that opportunity, it will only take you a few minutes to realize that you have a choice to make between safety and production. What would your choice be?

wayfair

swollen member
Depends on the position. Try loading a feeder at 350+ PPH while following all of the loading/safety methods perfectly, on old, broken down TOFC rollers.

If you ever get that opportunity, it will only take you a few minutes to realize that you have a choice to make between safety and production. What would your choice be?

350??? that's funny

when I started, they wanted 600 an hour for loaders

800 an hour for unloaders

km3

350??? that's funny

when I started, they wanted 600 an hour for loaders

800 an hour for unloaders

They want 1200/hr for unloaders here. The 350/hr figure doesn't matter anyway because most people don't make it past 240. The ones who get 350+ are the top performers in my building, but that's where everybody is "supposed" to be in terms of production.

wayfair

swollen member
They want 1200/hr for unloaders here. The 350/hr figure doesn't matter anyway because most people don't make it past 240. The ones who get 350+ are the top performers in my building, but that's where everybody is "supposed" to be in terms of production.

it's been 25 years, so yeah, it could have been 800-1000 for unloaders

I only unloaded once

I did learn the main sort and had the 1200 an hour unloader occasionally. I could hang but had to frequently shut the belt down because the fugger wouldn't keep the labels up... dude was nuts

1Simplemann

What have you done, as a human being and not a number, to contribute to getting home to your family at a decent time?

I agree action speaks louder than words.

Have you brought this concern of yours up to anyone?

"You guys" ???? I don't understand this reference.

Change starts with you.
Since your asking questions I'll ask you one? What have YOU done to ensure that I get home safely at a decent time????? Me, I bring the truck home in pc every day. On all sorts of terrible roads,road conditions and 100's of miles. I use my common sense to do it. That involves thinking for myself and choosing the safest way to do something. Sometimes that means taking a hit on the telematics report. So be it. It is what it is. Deal with it. As far as a decent time, I don't decide that. The dispatch decides that. Company violates the 9.5 rule daily in my center. You ask if i have brought up my concerns. Yes. I've notified my safety committee. Nothing done. I've notified my sup. Nothing done. He said follow the process. Again nothing done. I've grieved my issues. The grievance magically disappears and they fire another driver w/ the same grievances. I spoke to the labor manager and her answer was to bid another route which solves nothing because the incoming driver will suffer the same safety violations instead actually fixing the problems that are clearly stated in the contract that they will do.I called OSHA and he said what do you want me to do? as if I was bothering him. I told him "you tell me, your OSHA" Remember when I said actions speak louder than words. No actions just words time and time and time again. All I wanted was a chance to sit down , voice my concerns and have a constructive conversation about what could be done to aleviate or minimize my concerns. That's what I've done. What have you done? ???? "You guys" Don't play dumb. You know dang well that your not a teamster UPSer so that makes you management. A teamster would never talk the way you do. Anymore questions?

km3

it's been 25 years, so yeah, it could have been 800-1000 for unloaders

I only unloaded once

I did learn the main sort and had the 1200 an hour unloader occasionally. I could hang but had to frequently shut the belt down because the fugger wouldn't keep the labels up... dude was nuts

Maybe 800 is right for unloaders if it was 25 years ago. I imagine you wouldn't have had extendos like we have today. Or they would have been very primitive compared to the ones we have now.

I can throw down 600/hr in the outbounds on a good day, when conditions are ideal, when I'm feeling good, and I'm on an extendo...sustained for about 2 hours, then I slow down. We all know circumstances sometimes (not always) align like this once in a blue moon. I don't know how things were back then, but for loaders, 600/hr is a fantasy today, and it was a fantasy back then.

10 point

I want local management to have greater decision choices on safety related issues. Some cubicle knucklehead in Atlanta doesn't know the safety of my building better than sort sups and ORS. On top of that, what may work in one building doesn't mean it works in another.
Uh oh. They know who you are. You were warned before.
You're gonna get change.
can-stock-photo_csp7563185.jpg

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If you view this as dishonest and a lack of integrity then did you report it?

I suspect things like this are often not reported.

Curious to know if it wasn't reported, then what motivated you not to report it, because it obviously bothered you at least a little.

The center manager, the division manager and likely more already knew. Who else would care? Jim Casey took the soul, conscience and integrity of UPS to his grave with him. It's not coming back.
If you ever worked there, you already knew this.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
  • I saw a sup in Hartford one nite during peak years ago wearing sneakers with arm in a sling walking a belt breaking jams , what an example he was to his workers !!

Last edited: