"On Topic" Change... Real Change with Integrity

In2Deep?

I once saw a full time wall supervisor spray beads of mercury into a paper towel with an aresal keyboard cleaner and then put it in his pocket. Safety first.

I think change has to start with uniting. First unite your loop and the. Encourage the rest to follow suit. I see us only having two cards to play. 8 hour requests and 9.5 grievances. I'm currently getting together with the other two drivers in my loop to come up with a steady barrage of 8 hour requests first. We are entitled one 8 hour request per day, per loop. Either we rotate days requesting 8 hours or we all file one for every day of the week. Work will definitely be distributed so it will be on the drivers of that loop to file the 9.5 grievances to plug the rest of the holes. Request 8 hours every day wether you need it or not. Make them work. They want nothing more than for you to drive out of the building without putting up a fight. Don't take it. According to the contract, you don't have to.
at the end of the day it comes down to unity in your center but you must start with your own loop. Organized and efficient

Integrity

Binge Poster
I once saw a full time wall supervisor spray beads of mercury into a paper towel with an aresal keyboard cleaner and then put it in his pocket. Safety first.

I think change has to start with uniting. First unite your loop and the. Encourage the rest to follow suit. I see us only having two cards to play. 8 hour requests and 9.5 grievances. I'm currently getting together with the other two drivers in my loop to come up with a steady barrage of 8 hour requests first. We are entitled one 8 hour request per day, per loop. Either we rotate days requesting 8 hours or we all file one for every day of the week. Work will definitely be distributed so it will be on the drivers of that loop to file the 9.5 grievances to plug the rest of the holes. Request 8 hours every day wether you need it or not. Make them work. They want nothing more than for you to drive out of the building without putting up a fight. Don't take it. According to the contract, you don't have to.
at the end of the day it comes down to unity in your center but you must start with your own loop. Organized and efficient
This seems like an excellent idea and approach.

I really like it!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
What have you been trained on?
Cool Solutions and the Prevention of Heat related injuries and illnesses.

It is very clear what the employee should do if any of the symptoms or signs are noticed.

With this training it is clear to me that production, even finishing the job I am on, is irrelevant to the action that I must take if I notice any signs or symptoms of a dangerous condition relating to the heat.

Having this training however IMO, does not may it an employees fault if they have a heat related injury or illness!

IMO:Everyone's ability to notice the signs and or symptoms will vary and this should be taken into account when reviewing injuries that will happen based upon current working climate, conditions and culture.

In2Deep?

For heat related illness on the job simply park the truck and call 911. Let UPS know they can pick up the truck when you're on the way to the hospital in the ambulance.

jaker

trolling
What specific concern of yours did your management team not listen to? How to proceed depends on the response you were given.
Nice way to avoid answering a with a question , it doesn't matter exactly what my concern is because none of then get answered or taken care of

10 point

Prevention of heat related injuries or illness is big nowadays.

You no doubt have been trained in how to prevent them.
Deflect.
We had three drivers go down from the heat today. You want change? Do something about load quality on the preload. There's no reason we should be digging around in a truck loaded by a blind man in 100 degree heat.
Reality.

We want change.
Integrity is a heavy word. To use it as your screen name is one thing. To have it is another.

Future

Victory Ride

The 8hr language changed last contract ...it's no longer per loop ....it's a percentage ....so 2 or more drivers in a loop can request 8hrs

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nice way to avoid answering a with a question , it doesn't matter exactly what my concern is because none of then get answered or taken care of
It does matter what your specific concerns are and how they were addressed. Without this information there is absolutely no way to move forward.So your accusations will hold little or no merit.

jaker

trolling
It does matter what your specific concerns are and how they were addressed. Without this information there is absolutely no way to move forward.So your accusations will hold little or no merit.
Over dispatching in extreme temps

Pushing a 19sec for door opening time in extreme temps with bad loads

Being dispatch over 10hr day and when asking for 9.5 being harassed

So tell us what we are supposed to do and give a real answer exactly what to do

10 point

Ok. WITH this information nothing's changed, going to change, has changed.

You can tell me what needs to change.
How bout...

AC in all the vehicles;

Realistic and effective ventilation in the rear pkg area;

Run the preload belts at a speed that loaders can do a quality job and also load the pkgs into the correct truck to lessen the driver's time behind the bulk head door;

THESE ARE SOME REAL CONCERNS/SOLUTIONS.

Try these first and if you can't facilitate the implementation of even one of these three issues then quit wasting our time asking dead end questions.

They'd rather spend billions on ways to reduce the workforce with automation than to fix what's obviously broken but doesn't impact the bottom line as is.

P.S.
With the implementation of Orion we allegedly have a higher spohr thus giving the driver less drive time between stops and that creates a greater health risk especially for metro drivers in high heat indexes.

Children and pets die when forced into confined spaces for a relatively short period of time when their body mass gets > 100°friend.
Brain damage, stroke, etc are typical results of this and people who don't sweat fair out worse more quickly.

The company likes "Green" technology. Put solar panels on the roof and hook them to ventilation fans in the rear area.
But that costs $.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Over dispatching in extreme temps

Pushing a 19sec for door opening time in extreme temps with bad loads

Being dispatch over 10hr day and when asking for 9.5 being harassed

So tell us what we are supposed to do and give a real answer exactly what to do

What specific actions have you taken to specifically address these concerns? The concerns seem valid. What was said about them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ok. WITH this information nothing's changed, going to change, has changed.

You can tell me what needs to change.
How bout...

AC in all the vehicles;

Realistic and effective ventilation in the rear pkg area;

Run the preload belts at a speed that loaders can do a quality job and also load the pkgs into the correct truck to lessen the driver's time behind the bulk head door;

THESE ARE SOME REAL CONCERNS/SOLUTIONS.

Try these first and if you can't facilitate the implementation of even one of these three issues then quit wasting our time asking dead end questions.

They'd rather spend billions on ways to reduce the workforce with automation than to fix what's obviously broken but doesn't impact the bottom line as is.

P.S.
With the implementation of Orion we allegedly have a higher spohr thus giving the driver less drive time between stops and that creates a greater health risk especially for metro drivers in high heat indexes.

Children and pets die when forced into confined spaces for a relatively short period of time when their body mass gets > 100°friend.
Brain damage, stroke, etc are typical results of this and people who don't sweat fair out worse more quickly.

The company likes "Green" technology. Put solar panels on the roof and hook them to ventilation fans in the rear area.
But that costs $.

What do the company say when you brought these up?