"On Topic" Change... Real Change with Integrity

10 point

What do the company say when you brought these up?
Three "responses" are applicable.

1. None
2. Laughter
3. Shaking of heads followed by walking away.

They're actually bargaining points.
I remember one driver wrote up the straight truck he drove to LouKy on his feeder bid route...

'Needs air ride seat, heated mirrors, and AC.'

After what was years of writing it up they moved him into a combination vehicle. The move was due to volume increase... not the request for things in the applicable language already agreed upon.

Do you think anyone cared that people run thru the night on runs over 400 miles (total) in high heat indexes? Do you not know that from midnight to six am is the most dangerous part of the day for fatigue and potentially fatal crashes?

IMG_20160813_171555.jpg

Google this story and apply it to known hazards for drivers OTR. Every driver.

Got AC in any straight trucks? Any more info necessary to qualify your question? Anyone give up on "change"?
I rest my case.

naruto2005

Oh I want a change alright, like change my no rehire to a rehire then I'll be fine, are better yet let all the people who've been black listed for no reason given come back, I mean I know lots of people who use to work for ups tell me if they had a second chance with the company they would not leave, better to rehire someone that's been at the company for atleast 6months then to hire a new person that doesn't even last a week with the company, because I hear the turnover rate is super bad like 300% turnover rate, anyway all I'm saying is that if i was able to get rehire I would never leave, I was at the company for 9 months as a loader so that tells you something

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh I want a change alright, like change my no rehire to a rehire then I'll be fine, are better yet let all the people who've been black listed for no reason given come back, I mean I know lots of people who use to work for ups tell me if they had a second chance with the company they would not leave, better to rehire someone that's been at the company for atleast 6months then to hire a new person that doesn't even last a week with the company, because I hear the turnover rate is super bad like 300% turnover rate, anyway all I'm saying is that if i was able to get rehire I would never leave, I was at the company for 9 months as a loader so that tells you something
image.jpeg

And not a period in sight.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
300%?!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tells me that you were a screw up who couldn't handle a ridiculously simple job.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ups told you that your no rehire status will not be changed months ago. So, instead of crying about it on the internet....go find another job.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Over dispatching in extreme temps

Pushing a 19sec for door opening time in extreme temps with bad loads

Being dispatch over 10hr day and when asking for 9.5 being harassed

So tell us what we are supposed to do and give a real answer exactly what to do

Talking to sups and manager , that is why I am asking you what to do now
You have a concern of being over dispatched in extreme temps.

What did you say to the sups to address this concern?

What did they say in response to this concern?

jaker

trolling
You have a concern of being over dispatched in extreme temps.

What did you say to the sups to address this concern?

What did they say in response to this concern?
Why am I being dispatched with a 11hr and the temps are 107+ when my route is 130 stops for 8.5 day

We will work on it was their response , so again I am asking you a question for a answer to handle this

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why am I being dispatched with a 11hr and the temps are 107+ when my route is 130 stops for 8.5 day

We will work on it was their response , so again I am asking you a question for a answer to handle this
Was there any improvement after you brought this concern up?

Have you ever suffered from a heat related illness/ injury or signs and/or symptoms of one as a result of this concern of yours?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So what'd ya do to fired