On topic: Getting away from a jerk FT

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
I'm a PT sup, and I can't stand my FT sup. He's an impatient, micromanaging grouch who blames me for things beyond my control and won't listen to me or my hourly employee's concerns.

I want to go back to training. I told him this, citing that I was better at training new hires, but I have also expressed interest in becoming a FT sup. I thought I would have some opportunities since my hub is expanding. He said I "needed this experience if I wanted to go full time".

I can't afford to simply quit. Who should I tell that my sup is creating a hostile work environment:HR or my sort manager? I liked my FT sup in training so much more, never had any conflict it her.

P.S. be glad you guys have a union.

Box Ox

200_s.gif

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
Should also note: going Ft management is pretty much a pipe dream right now. Need to start planning my exit strategy. I've gained a lot at UPS, and want to, at least, leave the company on good terms.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'm a PT sup, and I can't stand my FT sup. He's an impatient, micromanaging grouch who blames me for things beyond my control and won't listen to me or my hourly employee's concerns.

I want to go back to training. I told him this, citing that I was better at training new hires, but I have also expressed interest in becoming a FT sup. I thought I would have some opportunities since my hub is expanding. He said I "needed this experience if I wanted to go full time".

a little more detail about what he blames you for, or what you want him to listen to, would be pretty helpful

i don't understand the second part of your post; what are you doing if you're not training?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

I can't afford to simply quit. Who should I tell that my sup is creating a hostile work environment:HR or my sort manager? I liked my FT sup in training so much more, never had any conflict it her.

P.S. be glad you guys have a union.

nothing new here.

Quit before you are miserable for the rest of your life.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not only should you not go full time but you should quit. All of the on road supervisors and center managers are scum. You can't trust any of them. Quit before they brainwash you. Tell him to go outside and play hide n' go :censored2: himself. I would rather clean the diarrhea off the floors at a rest stop than work at UPS again.

I hope that you let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

ManInBrown

I see PT sups getting reamed out every single day on the belt when I walk up to my truck to leave. I just chuckle. Bend over and take it like a man. You chose the .75 cent raise or whatever it is to become management.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Should also note: going Ft management is pretty much a pipe dream right now. Need to start planning my exit strategy. I've gained a lot at UPS, and want to, at least, leave the company on good terms.

Just quit then
I see PT sups getting reamed out every single day on the belt when I walk up to my truck to leave. I just chuckle. Bend over and take it like a man. You chose the .75 cent raise or whatever it is to become management.

4-5 dollars an hour raise over here

PT Car Washer

What I can't believe is why they take the abuse day after day. Do the PT sups really believe they have a chance at being promoted to FT so they can change the system and make everything fair?

ManInBrown

There is not one goal at UPS that they expect you to reach, that is realistic. That's why being anything other than an hourly is a bad move. When I get called in the office for being 90 clicks over, I just say no problem, I'll try better next time and walk out. When you're PT sup you have no recourse. No protection.

And even when a driver can reach their made up Disney land figures, you think they'd just be happy and leave it alone. No, now they'll add more work to you, until they run you into the ground, or add so much work they can berate you for being over. It's a never ending cycle at this place. That's why you have to let it go in one ear and out the other. As a driver, as soon as they see you're not the one, they move onto the next person. Unfortunately for you, you don't have that option in management.

Box Ox

There is not one goal at UPS that they expect you to reach, that is realistic.

Yep. Management job security.

And even when a driver can reach their made up Disney land figures, you think they'd just be happy and leave it alone. No, now they'll add more work to you, until they run you into the ground, or add so much work they can berate you for being over.

Yep. 400 pieces to deliver a day.

"What happened yesterday? You punched at 2100. ORION said 1900 was your (fantasy land) punch!"

"What do you think happened? Couldn't walk through my PC until 1530."