One earbud while driving

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My question would be then, why do I see every feeder driver wearing a Bluetooth headset for their phone that looks like they are going into outer Space? If those things are legal, then why would one earbud in not be basically the same thing?

IMG_1331.JPG

rod

Retired 22 years
My question would be then, why do I see every feeder driver wearing a Bluetooth headset for their phone that looks like they are going into outer Space? If those things are legal, then why would one earbud in not be basically the same thing?

View attachment 141493

For the same reason its against the law to text while driving but it is ok for every vehicle mfg. out there to put touch screens on the dash. My new truck even throws a random message every once in awhile that says it it dangerous to look at your screen while driving-----but to get rid of the message you have to take your eyes off the road and touch--OK.

PT Crazy

I work with a guy that wears chainsaw hearing protection. He cannot hear a darn thing.....like we
When we try to have him hit the emergency stop!

F1fan4144

I think you're nuts to wear anything in your ear driving for UPS. Just get a legal radio and be done with it

2 reasons: efficiency. If I have an audiobook playing LOUDLY cause of the truck, I have to pause it at every stop then play every time I get back in. That time does add up and I don't like the idea of anything blaring while parking at a delivery. Also, I can honestly say that having an earbud in my right ear still gives me plenty of ability to hear my surroundings. Not to sound hubris, but there are many moments I am "in the zone" while listening to a Jack Reacher novel.

amazondriverdude

How do you guys stay sane in the truck all day without earphones? I know I'm just a poor Amazon schmuck but without audio books my mind would turn to goo from the lack of stimulation.