One More Thing to Do

Thebrownblob

Then why are you continuing to reply on the FedEx forum? It’s clear you care deeply or you’d have moved on by now.
I’m replying to it knucklehead FedEx worker talking about UPS with no clue what he’s talking about I suspect you have no clue about anything in life but that’s just a hunch for me. I’m pretty sure you can check and see I don’t reply to FedEx forms much because I don’t know much about them I don’t generally speak on things I don’t know because I’m not a bloviating idiot.

zeev

Ground drivers deliver than wait for 3 hours unpaid to do their pickups, I was doing heavyweight pickups and would talk to the Ground driver, we would watch the UPS driver bust his butt, the Ground guy said to much work for him so I guess his fast food wages and benefits were appropriate.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have and everyone on this forum would agree, if they’re being honest.
I've seen Ground guys run, and the occasional Expresser, but no UPS guys. Why the hell would anyone do it? There's no easier way to turn your ankle, stub your toe, trip, slip, and probably a few other things than by running.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is the product of the smear campaign against unions that has been going on in this country since the mid 80s at least. It’s no coincidence that a large chunk of the population now view unions as evil, anti capitalistic institutions.
Most people don't care. They have more options now. Gone are the days when the factory was about the only gig in town and you'd better vote for the union to protect the only chance at a decent living you'll ever have. People have also seen union companies struggle and cut jobs. They've seen union members vote to screw newer members via a two tiered system.

Go back and look at the 50s, 60s, and even into the 70s when half the working populace or more were union membership and it was actually possible to raise a family on a single income for much of those decades because of this.
Union membership was never much more than 35% and that was in the 50's.

People could raise families on a single income because the US had virtually no foreign competition of any consequence until the 1970's.

Last edited:

It will be fine

I’m replying to it knucklehead FedEx worker talking about UPS with no clue what he’s talking about I suspect you have no clue about anything in life but that’s just a hunch for me. I’m pretty sure you can check and see I don’t reply to FedEx forms much because I don’t know much about them I don’t generally speak on things I don’t know because I’m not a bloviating idiot.
So far all you’ve done is confirm my original point and lob insults because you are bad at arguing. I guess this makes you feel good about yourself. It’s a shame that’s what you need in your life. I hope your situation improves.

Thebrownblob

So far all you’ve done is confirm my original point and lob insults because you are bad at arguing. I guess this makes you feel good about yourself. It’s a shame that’s what you need in your life. I hope your situation improves.
I just smacked you up and down this thread and you still haven’t figured it out lol. You are probably right where you belong. You should probably come to the table with some facts and knowledge before you jump into the ring with me. Get some sleep you’re gonna need it.

whenIgetthere

I've seen Ground guys run, and the occasional Expresser, but no UPS guys. Why the hell would anyone do it? There's no easier way to turn your ankle, stub your toe, trip, slip, and probably a few other things than by running.
The ground driver where I live is always running up to the house, with 55 lb. Chewy boxes! I mentioned he would be like me down the line, with two knee replacemments. He just laughed and said 'nah'.

bacha29

I just smacked you up and down this thread and you still haven’t figured it out lol. You are probably right where you belong. You should probably come to the table with some facts and knowledge before you jump into the ring with me. Get some sleep you’re gonna need it.
The backdrop of IWBF's comments is obviously based on a profound worry about what impact the oncoming massive cost cutting drive Fat Freddy and Sahib Raj have embarked upon will have on him and with good reason. He has no defense against it. He and the other contractors have become nothing more than Fat's and Sahib's economic come dump in terms of how much they can cut rates and how much additional mandated expense they can offload onto to them.

Just a couple of days ago they announced that all mainframes will be shut down and replaced with contracted cloud centers with a claimed savings of 400 million bucks.

Should we feel sorry for him Definitely not. He laughed at me when 3 years ago I told him to start looking for a way get out soon because the entire model was at it's pinnacle. So now if he can't get out under anything other than disastrous terms...well...that's trucking. Always more bust than boom.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just a couple of days ago they announced that all mainframes will be shut down and replaced with contracted cloud centers with a claimed savings of 400 million bucks.
Wonder how long it will take hackers to hit FedEx with a ransomware bug via their cost-cutting cloud system?

zeev

Wonder how long it will take hackers to hit FedEx with a ransomware bug via their cost-cutting cloud system?
FedEx has had such good fortune with technology, still holds the record for he biggest data breach in corporate history, Now many possibilities for new troubles,always looking for the cheap way out.

It will be fine

FedEx has had such good fortune with technology, still holds the record for he biggest data breach in corporate history, Now many possibilities for new troubles,always looking for the cheap way out.
I’d probably trust a third party more than internal FedEx systems. Internal FedEx IT is pure trash.