One on One Family Vacations

Would you ever consider taking a one on one family vacation with just one of your children?

• Total voters

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My parents did this growing up. It was actually pretty fun and a good bonding experience. It was always cool because there were certain things that you enjoyed but say one parent didn't.

I went to Washington, D.C. and Amsterdam with my stepdad and went to a crazy amount of museums. Which my mom and dad both hate doing.

Went to San Francisco and Los Angeles with my mom and did a lot of artsy stuff.

Miami, Chicago, and Seattle with my dad. He likes to explore cities, which I enjoy doing as well. Sometimes running around with no plan is just fun.

My brother on the other hand did more outdoorsy and sports stuff. My stepdad and he did like 5 MLB parks in 5 days. Golfing in South Carolina. He and my mom went to Florida and San Diego for beaches. Then my dad and he did another golf tour in Wisconsin.

I honestly think thats why I do so many trips with my wife. It's just fun to get away and see some new places with one other person.

Damn you are a nerd

Your bro sounds ok though

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depends on what you mean by vacation. I have 2 boys. The oldest likes fishing and hunting. So we will go on 3 day hunting and fishing trips together. My youngest loves baseball and my oldest thinks it's boring. So me and my youngest will take a trip to a out of town stadium to watch our favorite team together. Usually a 2 or 3 day thing as well.

Now if you mean a week long vacation. No we never do that.

Both of those examples would be considered a vacation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When my parents did it, they always matched it with a business trip.

So they for some reason had to be there for a few hours say Monday morning. We'd fly out on Saturday, do something Sunday, then they'd have their meeting or customer visit Monday morning, and the rest of the week they were off.

It also meant they didn't have to pay for their own ticket.

My son is in the process of possibly getting a new job closer to family. He has a video conference with a potential new employer this afternoon and, depending upon how that goes, will be invited for a site visit in late December. He wants to come back home for Christmas anyway so he is holding off on buying his plane tickets to see if they will end up paying for the trip instead.