Online Retirement (Non Union) SS Earnings Statement

Brownwifey

We all have to remember that certain management employees are now considered “a human resource”.. you are no longer considered a real “partner” anymore. That is only reserved for the selected few in the corporate offices who already are set for life.

Big 🦈 eating little 🐠🐠🐠🐠’s

The management plans were formulated at 1/2 your annual salary over the best 5 years over a 10 year span.

So if your salary is roughly 300,000 a year your final pension benefits would equal 150,000.

Most of our old managers who had the service time of 30 years retired at age 55, that plan only had a 3 % penalty applied for every year prior to age 65. The Union’s plans have always been subject to a 6 % penalty.

I heard that the old school management that retired at age 55 never touched their pension benefits till age 65 or beyond because they could comfortably live of their stock sell backs with free Healthcare for them and their spouse.
Now the amount is figured for the last 5 years of employment, not best out of ten. Only penalizes you if the big MIP years were 6-10. Thank god for Covid shopping :)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Look guys, I'm not looking to fight with union folks. Just looking for information. Brown Cafe used to be a good place for that. I hope with Cheryl gone, it hasn't gone that far downhill.
We try to keep it open and friendly. Your post which was deleted was full of stuff we do not allow.

rod

Retired 22 years
Look guys, I'm not looking to fight with union folks. Just looking for information. Brown Cafe used to be a good place for that. I hope with Cheryl gone, it hasn't gone that far downhill.
BC has never been a good source of info. ---- any question asked always gets 10 different answers of which 10 are usually incorrect.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It can be helpful if the same 7.5 people quit replying with the same anti-management, anti-22.4, anti-PVD and anti-everything else..it would be even better if they stayed off BC for a while.

LEAVE WORK @ WORK