only the essential please

tramtwo

Ok so I support direct cash payments, I am nominally republican. I support direct payments as long as they are only distributed in extreme cases like this. If the government orders you not to work that's extremely damaging. I do not support a massive open ended program. I do not support UBI for the rest of time. I do not support taking a red cent and dumping it into already failing government bureaucracies, cut all that :censored2: out and just give direct payments until this :censored2: is over. Extreme times, bold actions.

Just trying to speak to the OP and the idea that we should limit what people buy. We will spend our way out of this tragedy as well. Its what we do. If somebody wants to spend their government handout on strippers and cocaine I say go for it. FEMA bought a lot of Gucci and Coach purses after Katrina.

Returntosender

I've said it before but as long as the Taco Bell drivethru is still open, I can continue to function normally.
6FF7272D-81F3-4DBC-BF9B-6E874A10149B.gif

centinel

With a cig hanging from his mouth, saying he “just had surgery” so he can’t help.
"No problem, sir, it will be right at your threshold for you. You want it in the living room, you say? Sorry, can't do that as it violates company policy...besides, your home could be a coronavirus petri dish. Now kindly back off at least six feet while I get it to your porch."

Days

Every job I have ever been in I have been in this stage where I hate the work Etc. Restaurants, retail, construction. Like I just hate everything. And then I settle in and just take the work for what it is. And I can tell you that ever since this corona :censored2: started I have been seething. But I also don't want to get laid off. Maybe I just like to bitch.

Time off to be with family is nice. UPS is a complete mess and it gets tiresome being there 5 days a week. You’d be surprised how much happier people are if they work only 3 days a week instead of 5. Take a break! Sit at home, read a book. Watch the news, eat a good meal!

I’m thinking of leaving sometime in the coming year to finish my education and can’t wait honestly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That what needs to be told to the public, at this time you only need to order the essentials no need for a new shirt or shoes at this time. Yes this will hurt bottom line but will also protect us from so many packages, that may carry the COV19. People we could have another peak season with bored people stay home shopping
Also tell them this is not a death sentence.

barnyard

KTM rider
If businesses are asked to close and people are asked to stay home; UPS, FE and the USPS ought to also be restricted to essential deliveries only. The fewer people that are working in a given building, the less the chance that it will be spread to others.

UPSers are going to be responsible for spreading this. It would be nice if we could minimize that spread.

Last edited:

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I said this exact thing on reddit and got downvoted for it. If you don’t want to work then stay your lazy ass home, I’m trying to make money.
Yep I want the longest day possible Everyday
We have lists up for Saturday's starting next month
I feel lucky to be working

MattM

I’ve seen popcorn machines out of my behind being ordered, popcorn kernels, and other weird stuff

I agree. Delay everything else. Let’s get essentials only.

MattM

Only go essentials if we do not have enough people to do the job or are you willing to get laid off right now?
I have seniority and sick pay (I’m At a airport hub), so I’m not worried.

They have yet to call and ask if we want off. Our volume has been lower than normal. Yet we just hired and threw 5 new people on the floor this past week. Usually though, 80% of this lower than normal volume is still white styrofoam essentials, or tp/bleach. Plus a smaller amount of amazon as a whole. So I think the non essentials has been happening for a week or so now. We’re almost back to pre 2019 numbers. Lots of regular non amazon companies boxes coming through.

I actually applaud the lack of excessive amazon boxes.

tldr. We’re lower than normal. But it’s all amazon that we’re cutting. So it looks like non amazon is keeping us in business

I have seniority and sick pay (I’m At a airport hub), so I’m not worried.

They have yet to call and ask if we want off. Our volume has been lower than normal. Yet we just hired and threw 5 new people on the floor this past week. Usually though, 80% of this lower than normal volume is still white styrofoam essentials, or tp/bleach. Plus a smaller amount of amazon as a whole. So I think the non essentials has been happening for a week or so now. We’re almost back to pre 2019 numbers. Lots of regular non amazon companies boxes coming through.

I actually applaud the lack of excessive amazon boxes.
They won't last long. People want their stuff now!

take your time

That what needs to be told to the public, at this time you only need to order the essentials no need for a new shirt or shoes at this time. Yes this will hurt bottom line but will also protect us from so many packages, that may carry the COV19. People we could have another peak season with bored people stay home shopping

I don't understand why people are complaining...honestly.

Bunch of ingrates. While everyone else has been laid off, we have work. While everyone else is going to be starving, we will have money to pay our expenses.

One of the only industries that isn't affected by this downturn in the economy, and you still complain. Do us a favor, just resign. More work for those who need it.