"Operation Transformation"

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Nothing for Union employees ... possible for non-Union in 2018.
UPS will never, ever, ever offer a retirement buyout to Union employees.
When I started in 1982 my center manager said UPS would never, ever, ever need to advertise because the brown trucks and drivers were all they needed to get our brand out. Guess he was wrong.

Policy_Driven

When I started in 1982 my center manager said UPS would never, ever, ever need to advertise because the brown trucks and drivers were all they needed to get our brand out. Guess he was wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...joke is on that center manager and many other old school UPSers who believe we are a "premium" employer in the job market

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We were told by a DM that we have a wage and benefit package that's the envy of the industry.
Those are the only two things that UPS provides reasonably well, IF they pay you correctly, and IF they report your hours worked for those benefits, which isn't always the case. Everything else is a complete joke and an embarrassing company to work for. Around here, driving around a garbage WM truck gets you the same benefits and pay - and is actually looking cooler than being a UPS'er.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yep...
They used to hire 1 in every 40 applicants.

That's when we were the unquestioned leader in the industry.

That's when drivers punched out by 5:30 everyday and part timers made the same per hour as drivers.

Now we get the McDonald's rejects.
Yep, back in the age of typewriters, UPS was a great employer.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I understand why UPS went public and the consequent changes but I sure as hell did not like most of them.
I felt betrayed to a certain extent but mostly just sad.
For me , the instant wealth of that day made all the changes that happened the following 10 years minimal , if not laughable .
It was a different company the first 20 , but I never shed a tear about the stock going public. I smile every time I go to the bank.