Option day question

So what do you do if at 0700 they said "We need you to come in". Then you tell your family "sorry"????

Your management team sucks, too! Call and check in the AM my butt! Tell me now, fool!

images

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So what do you do if at 0700 they said "We need you to come in". Then you tell your family "sorry"????

Your management team sucks, too! Call and check in the AM my butt! Tell me now, fool!

I disagree. Cement waited until the day before to ask for the following day off. I have to think that the Pennsylvania State Farm Show had been set for that date for some time so he knew about it well in advance. I think his mgt team accomodated him on his short term request and simply asked him to call in just in case someone else banged in and by doing so created a staffing issue.

I have done this on several occasions knowing that I would have to call in the following morning to make sure they were all set. Most of the time I got the day but there were times when I didn't. It was my fault for waiting until the last minute.

Now, if the day off had been scheduled and he was then told to call in he would have had a beef.