Option Day Triflin'

Junkyard Willie

Which of the following is correct, regarding Option Days:

A) They're available to use when calling in an hour ahead, in the event of illness
or unforeseen circumstances.
B) They can only be used if requested a week in advance.
C) There are several different types of Option Days. Some apply to A and some
apply to B.
D) Quit bein' a jive turkey and getcho :censored2: to work.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

A) They're available to use when calling in an hour ahead, in the event of illness
apply to B.
I like to lotion myself up before i use them

542thruNthru

apply to B.

This would all depend on where you are. Here it must be requested at least 10 days out.

I know where you can find the answer though. It's in a little book with a blue cover. Looks a little something like this...
20180619_140500.jpg

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
E) Option days, aka floating holidays need to be requested a minimum of 10 days in advance. Ten days before the day in question, by seniority, management is required to look at all requests and give no more than 5% of the workers in that classification the day off. That's how it is in our supplemental.

They are not for being sick or unforeseen circumstances. That's a sick day.

542thruNthru

E) Option days, aka floating holidays need to be requested a minimum of 10 days in advance. Ten days before the day in question, by seniority, management is required to look at all requests and give no more than 5% of the workers in that classification the day off. That's how it is in our supplemental.

You sure it's not "no less then 5%"

No more would mean they could give 1 guy the option day and tell the rest no if they wanted.

Johney

So what do you do if you're sick?

Junkyard Willie

This makes sense and explains a lot. 'Preciate ya.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
You sure it's not "no less then 5%"

No more would mean they could give 1 guy the option day and tell the rest no if they wanted.
I can see what you're getting at, but I just pulled my contract out and it's worded, "The company shall grant the employee the day of his/her choice, provided that no more than 5% of each center, hub shifts, or feeder be granted the same requested day, and in such event, seniority will be the governing factor."

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Call in, ask to use an Option Day, argue with the kid who answers the phone and go back to bed (come to find out, this'll get your seniority revoked so just show up.
Seniority revoked? No such thing. Your seniority is your seniority. They can't take away seniority.

If you're talking probation period, I highly doubt anyone not having made probation would have an option day to their name.